CVO Technical > Trailers / toyhaulers

I'm thinking of installing a hitch on my '06 Ultra

<< < (2/2)

Ironhorse:

--- Quote from: JCZ on March 07, 2021, 06:00:44 PM ---Didn't you go to Afghanistan so that you could make the money to buy a new CVO?  Pretty sure you should be able to trade your bike in and pay the rest in cash. 
--- End quote ---

JC,

As I have said MANY times before, I am keeping my CVO.  I've almost got it to how I want it.  My next bike will be the new Honda GoldWing.  When it comes to my love for motorcycles I've never been brand blind.  I'm not ditching Harley,  I'm just expanding my options.

Mark

Ironhorse:

--- Quote from: Joel on March 07, 2021, 04:19:44 PM ---Look at Big Bike Parts. In the trailer hitch section.  There is a kit for hitch.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Joel!

You and another rider I know named Joy Medved have pointed me in the right direction.  I've been able to find everything I am looking for at J&P Cycles and Dennis Kirk.

I may go to a trailer someday, but for now I'll try out the basket on the hitch.  Don't want to get my wife into thinking she can bring everything,....LOL!!

Mark

HOGMIKE:

--- Quote from: Ironhorse on March 07, 2021, 05:19:44 AM ---I'm thinking of using it to hold a cargo basket for a duffle or small luggage, not for towing a trailer.

Is anyone running a set up like this?
Can you post pictures, please?
Which products do you use?

Most of the baskets I have found are designed to go behind a car or truck.  They are between 48 to 60 inches wide which is way too large for the bike.

Thanks!

I have a heavy duty hitch that came off my 2009 when I traded it in.
It MAY fit your bike.
I’m in San Diego area and if you want to ride down from LA to check fit, it’s yours.
 :nixweiss:

--- End quote ---

Rooster:

--- Quote from: Ironhorse on March 07, 2021, 05:19:44 AM ---I'm thinking of using it to hold a cargo basket for a duffle or small luggage, not for towing a trailer.

Is anyone running a set up like this?
Can you post pictures, please?
Which products do you use?

Most of the baskets I have found are designed to go behind a car or truck.  They are between 48 to 60 inches wide which is way too large for the bike.

Thanks!

--- End quote ---
Mark I tried one of those Kury baskets. It worked but my Boarzilla burnt my tbag Ihad on it and it makes you wiggle at slow speeds such as pulling into gas stations.

Ironhorse:

--- Quote from: Rooster on March 27, 2021, 11:12:43 AM ---Mark I tried one of those Kury baskets. It worked but my Boarzilla burnt my tbag Ihad on it and it makes you wiggle at slow speeds such as pulling into gas stations.

--- End quote ---

Terry,

Thanks for the reply. I've mentally shifted gears and am now considering a small trailer.  I may start with the basket, and then get a trailer later.

Mark

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version