Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: 52 mpg  (Read 3177 times)

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE (sold)
    • CVO2: 19 FLHXS All Black
Re: 52 mpg
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2021, 12:02:12 AM »

With my 06 CVOi I'd be happy with 40 mpg, usually get mid 30's!
The first time I checked my M8 I couldn't believe the mileage,  low 50's!
It's been the same over the past 5k miles. Most of the guys I ride with have M8's,
either 107 or 114, with stage 1 or stock,  all seem to get upper 40's or low 50's, 
So say what you want, but that's the truth.  I ride in both Wisconsin and Arizona,
Mileage ie a bit higher in AZ by a mile or two,  usually 52/54.
The "TAZMUN"

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2021, 10:35:55 AM »

My experience is so far distant from the M8 bikes and I've paid so little attention that's interesting, and good, news.  If Mother Harley is managing an EPA compliant tune that's also not generating gawdawful heat and still getting satisfactory performance and good fuel usage, well, good for Mother Harley.  Well done MoCo.

laylonlor

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2021, 12:38:33 PM »

I was thinking of upgrading to a stage 2, but my milage would take a big hit , anyone got info on that? what ya all thunk? :drummer:

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2021, 12:46:35 PM »

My new...not ridden yet M8 has a torque cam and Reinharts.....will be interesting to see what the MPG is after I break it in. My TC never got good mileage...but, that mighta been my fault.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

laylonlor

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2021, 04:51:39 PM »

My new...not ridden yet M8 has a torque cam and Reinharts.....will be interesting to see what the MPG is after I break it in. My TC never got good mileage...but, that mighta been my fault.
   let us know thanks ,... ride safe :pineapple:

Warhawk

• Full CVO Member
    • AR
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2021, 05:29:32 PM »

I frequently got 50 Mpg on my 2004 FLHTCSE, and didn’t need to run premium.  That big motor just ticked over and pushed that bike down the road with very little effort.

laylonlor

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2021, 08:20:58 PM »

I frequently got 50 Mpg on my 2004 FLHTCSE, and didn’t need to run premium.  That big motor just ticked over and pushed that bike down the road with very little effort.
nice bike I had one of those

SIKBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AL

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE: Orange Pearl & Jet Black
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2021, 09:28:44 PM »

Very nice bike! Not to hijack the thread but is that a chrome air strike on the front?  I have the contrast air strikes (chrome issues with original wheels) and often wondered how it would look with chrome.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2021, 10:50:05 PM »

I went on a mellow ride yesterday on the mako. I've left this alone other than bars and suspension.  I got 51 mpg one the way to Sebring and back.  That's amazing to me.  :huepfenjump3:

SteveVO

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CO

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2021, 04:02:15 PM »

Just had to jump in on this one.  Went for a 202 mile ride last weekend and when I got done I just wanted to check how I the MPG was doing as it was the first long ride with the Full Sac Head pipe and 4" Rhinehart slip on's.  I used the new map that came with the TTX and have not used the flight recorder yet to dial in the map.  Bike is a 2015 CVO Street glide, ride was up into the mountains around 9K elevation then back down to 6-7K elevation back roads with a pretty good wind.  When I filled up, it took 4.08 gallons so around 50 MPG not to bad as I was on the gas and having fun listening to the new pipe open up.  ;D 

So a big shout out to Steve for the map that came with the TTX it is spot on, throttle response is crisp, no decel pooping and it sounds so good now!!
Nothing exceeds like excess!!

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
    • CVO2: 2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey/Wineberry w Red Pepper
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2021, 04:32:41 PM »

Just had to jump in on this one.  Went for a 202 mile ride last weekend and when I got done I just wanted to check how I the MPG was doing as it was the first long ride with the Full Sac Head pipe and 4" Rhinehart slip on's.  I used the new map that came with the TTX and have not used the flight recorder yet to dial in the map.  Bike is a 2015 CVO Street glide, ride was up into the mountains around 9K elevation then back down to 6-7K elevation back roads with a pretty good wind.  When I filled up, it took 4.08 gallons so around 50 MPG not to bad as I was on the gas and having fun listening to the new pipe open up.  ;D 

So a big shout out to Steve for the map that came with the TTX it is spot on, throttle response is crisp, no decel pooping and it sounds so good now!!
That sounds pretty decent, but you're tuner is a TTS, FYI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG
2023 1/2 Maggie Valley GTG

Warhawk

• Full CVO Member
    • AR
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2021, 10:48:33 PM »

Very nice bike! Not to hijack the thread but is that a chrome air strike on the front?  I have the contrast air strikes (chrome issues with original wheels) and often wondered how it would look with chrome.

Good eye, that's exactly what it is, 18 inches.  I think it improved the handling too.  The chrome on my stock wheels was peeling and flaking and looked terrible.  So I got a rear wheel from a Road King Custom which was a close match to the Airstrike wheel up front.  I had to switch the metric bearings in the 18 inch wheel for 1 inch bearings, but it wasn't too hard to do.

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2021, 10:55:16 AM »

At one time, I used to pay attention to mpg.  Then one day at a stop sign, I wondered why? I hit the throttle hard, smiled and haven't paid attention to mpg since. But I smile a lot.
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2021, 03:41:58 PM »

At one time, I used to pay attention to mpg.  Then one day at a stop sign, I wondered why? I hit the throttle hard, smiled and haven't paid attention to mpg since. But I smile a lot.

Agreed, but.....

I could care less what the mpg is.  I do pay some general attention to it though.  Not because I care what the fuel economy might (or might not) be but because it's an indicator of potential service issues should there be some significant change from whatever is the norm.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 11:42:55 PM by Twolanerider »

Warhawk

• Full CVO Member
    • AR
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2021, 04:14:41 PM »

Agreed, but.....

I could care less what the mpg is.  I do pay some general attention to it though.  Not because I care what the fuel economy might (or might) be but because it's an indicator or potential service issues should there be some significant change from whatever is the norm.

It’s all about range.  Out west it can be a loooong way between stations.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 21 queries.