Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2021 CVO amp. WARNING!  (Read 1593 times)

rob 62

2021 CVO amp. WARNING!
« on: June 09, 2022, 07:03:44 AM »

Mine came loose multiple times over the past year. Techs just stuck it back in place, literally. After a few rides without opening the lid I recently went to grab something and found the amp dislodged yet again. This time there was grindings and gouging on the inside of the bag. Another couple of miles and this thing would have busted right thru. Time for me to reengineer Harley's amp mounting idea of double sided tape. And a shout out to Shoreline H.D. for no help at all.   

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
Re: 2021 CVO amp. WARNING!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2022, 08:29:33 AM »

H-D had this problem before a few years back with the amp coming lose and wearing through the bag and it was covered under warranty for a complete bag replacement.
DND

rob 62

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2022, 08:49:35 AM »

Thank you.

greggreen

• CVO2: 2008 FXDSE2 Scarlet Red Pearl/Dark Crimson
    • CVO3: 2016 FLHXSE Atomic Red/Candy Apple Flames
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2022, 10:55:36 AM »

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/1377580-saddlebag-amplifier-coming-loose.html

This thread helped me resolve my issue. You have to use the 3M Adhesion Promotor.

KMac52

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2022, 08:55:57 AM »

Mine came loose multiple times over the past year. Techs just stuck it back in place, literally. After a few rides without opening the lid I recently went to grab something and found the amp dislodged yet again. This time there was grindings and gouging on the inside of the bag. Another couple of miles and this thing would have busted right thru. Time for me to reengineer Harley's amp mounting idea of double sided tape. And a shout out to Shoreline H.D. for no help at all.   

I took mine out and used gorilla glue double sided tape in place of the double sided tape.  Put at least 3k miles on it since and 0 movement.

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 22 queries.