CVO Technical > General CVO discussion

Oil flow direction

(1/3) > >>

longlast:
I've been trying to find what direction the oil flows from the filter to the cooler and back.
07 Ultra  there's a upper and lower hose connected on the same side of the cooler one above the other .
Q. Is the top the in flow or the bottom hose?

Thanks for any input that will put me on the correct flow path ;D

For reference upper or lower line connector is return?

Twolanerider:
Now you've made me curious Pete.  What chore are you up to where this matters?  There's nothing directional (baffling or otherwise) about the tank itself.  So what are you rigging up where input or output matters?

Wish I could remember as I've bumped starter enough to push oil out with the lines off on one before.  But I don't remember.  Sorry.

On the filter the feed is on the outside and the return is down the middle.  You could take your adapter apart and see which line coincides with which part of filter connection.

CVO Couple:
On most radiators and coolers you want the hot fluid going in the top since heat rises and cold falls. Some coolers it may not be possible with the design of the internal tubes or mounting orientation.  As far as the adapter in the picture you can take it apart and look at the passages. Oil from the engine goes in the outside holes of the oil filter. Trace it from the backside of the adapter from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CVO Couple:
The top line is the cooler feed and the lower is the cooler return as you have the adapter in your picture.

longlast:

--- Quote from: CVO Couple on April 11, 2021, 05:51:49 PM ---The top line is the cooler feed and the lower is the cooler return as you have the adapter in your picture.

--- End quote ---

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: Cheers that's what I needed to know.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version