CVO Technical > Drive Train

AN3 HYDRAULIC CLUTCH LINE

(1/1)

ltank:
I have read and see charts that show AN3 can use 1/8" or 3/16" I.D. Hydraulic lines. All the listing on Harley show only the 1/8" I.D. lines. Saw that a small diameter line can impead flow, making a harder clutch pull and  slower Clutch release.
   For some reason my Baker Hydraulic Clutch with HD V-Rod 11/16" Master Cylinder is correct for the Baker 1.5" Slave on the Hydraulic Clutch Cover.
Baker says AN3 with Hose I.D. of .13"  Problem is I can't find that size Hydraulic line with a I.D. of .13"
Any help is appreciated.  What size I.D. is on the standard Harley Hydraulic Clutch Lines?
I need a line with a AN3 30° at both ends and 81" eye center to eye center.

ltank:
Well, I spent hours searching. I only found one place that had .13" but I found several. .138" I.D. line. So, I'm really confused. I bought 7' of the .138" AN3 line and two AN3 30 degrees fittings that 's supposed to work together. We shall see guess. But only one place has .13" but they didn't sell .13" AN3 fittings.
Makes the choice difficult. I hope I didn't waste my money AGAIN!

ltank:
Success! The .138" AN3 Hydraulic Clutch Line makes the Clutch Pull much Easier! My Local shop it wouldn't,  well he's not correct this time! According to my Fish Scale pull is almost 10 pounds lighter!
24 to 15 lbs. No to install the AIM Lock-up Head then put 3 lighter springs with the ones in the Clutch i Will be Good and my Hand will thank me. It took time but it paid off! Just had to Share the Results. It might help someone else with a bad Clutch hand and a Hydraulic clutch that's a stiff pull.

Twolanerider:

--- Quote from: ltank on April 23, 2021, 02:15:04 PM ---Success! The .138" AN3 Hydraulic Clutch Line makes the Clutch Pull much Easier! My Local shop it wouldn't,  well he's not correct this time! According to my Fish Scale pull is almost 10 pounds lighter!
24 to 15 lbs. No to install the AIM Lock-up Head then put 3 lighter springs with the ones in the Clutch i Will be Good and my Hand will thank me. It took time but it paid off! Just had to Share the Results. It might help someone else with a bad Clutch hand and a Hydraulic clutch that's a stiff pull.

--- End quote ---

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version