Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bought an FXR4  (Read 2291 times)

BigMike

• GA

Bought an FXR4
« on: April 21, 2021, 12:53:51 PM »

I bought an FXR4 from a long time friend and forum member.  fxr4mikey owned this bike since practically new and rode it all over the country.  It has 59k miles and still looks great. He brought me the bike as well as a truckload of parts that went with it.  I have 100% of the stock parts.  Mikey has since been riding his 2014 Ultra Limited and I sold my Street Glide last year. 

I put the stock bars back on, all new cables, rebuilt the Mikuni, full service, and getting new tires this weekend (Michelin Commander III Cruiser).  The bike runs fantastic and I look forward to enjoying it for many years. 

« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 01:12:48 PM by BigMike »
2000 FXR4

SIKBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AL

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE: Orange Pearl & Jet Black
Re: Bought an FXR4
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2021, 01:24:44 PM »

Sweet ride! I have MC II’s and love them but I have read (on another forum) that several folks have had issues with the MC III’s producing severe vibrations at certain speeds.  Not saying it’s true, it is on the internet after all, but most of them reported the exact same problem.  Most if not all reported the issues on touring models so the size you are looking to get could be fine but it may be worth looking in to.

BigMike

• GA

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2021, 02:55:28 PM »

Sweet ride! I have MC II’s and love them but I have read (on another forum) that several folks have had issues with the MC III’s producing severe vibrations at certain speeds.  Not saying it’s true, it is on the internet after all, but most of them reported the exact same problem.  Most if not all reported the issues on touring models so the size you are looking to get could be fine but it may be worth looking in to.

Thanks for the heads up.  Michelin makes the MC III in Touring and Cruiser.  Hope the Cruiser tires don't have that issue. 
2000 FXR4

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2021, 10:01:36 PM »

Love riding my FXR. It doesn't replace the big bikes but it's my go-to for local farting around and day-cruises.  Lighter, fun, just good to have in the garage.  Enjoy the bike.  You scored!

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 22 queries.