Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Security System - 2020  (Read 467 times)

FELIX

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • BC

• CVO1: Street Glide - 2020
Security System - 2020
« on: April 22, 2021, 04:40:46 PM »

On my last SG, I added an HD alarm siren unit and bought the HD transmitter for it so that I could be in my hotel room and the transmitter would activate if thew bike was put into alarm mode.  I want to do something similar for my 2020

I have the built in alarm and siren BUT I was told you can get the notification on your cell phone?.  I have not been able to find any information on this.  I really want the peace of mind to be in a coffee shop or hotel and be notified if the bike alarm is activated. 

Anyone know how or have experience in this?

Bobs14Limited

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CO

Re: Security System - 2020
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2021, 07:24:01 PM »

H-D did have an app that would notify you if someone was sitting on or moving your bike.
It was called H-D Connect. Harley never could figure out how to get it to work correctly, so just like they did with the hydraulic clutch deletion on the 2021 touring models, they gave up and the app doesn't work anymore.

Sadly, it's another sign of a company dropping off a cliff to nowhere. But they did it to themselves by being greedy, so they deserve to go belly up.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 07:26:52 PM by Bobs14Limited »

FELIX

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • BC

• CVO1: Street Glide - 2020
Re: Security System - 2020
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2021, 07:45:31 PM »

hmm, too bad. 

Ok, so I bet it was related to their Siren and Siren II, I wonder if they are just suffering from getting to cheap.. Ive re acquainted myself with this hardware.

I had removed my Siren from my old 08 model before I traded it in, I had forgotten you had options to buy Siren or Siren II, the difference is the Siren II has an antenna attached to it and that will connect with the remote transmitter you can take with you to the hotel room.

So I just went out and found the siren technology has not changed, YAY.  I removed my factory installed siren, which is identical to Siren II, installed my Siren II and programmed it to my transmitter unit I carry with me and double Yay, it all works.

I am greatly disappointed though as I had really been counting on and had been lead to believe the system would definatly work with cell phone.

Bob

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 22 queries.