Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Brake lockup  (Read 1256 times)

3dgcrew

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

Brake lockup
« on: May 05, 2021, 10:07:41 PM »

Started my 2019 CVO after 2 months of sitting around when to pull away ABS light flashing then in about 15 ft  brakes locked up completely turn the bike off let cool down restarted and then pumped from break and finally released was able to move bike back in the garage has anybody else suffered this kind a problem

FELIX

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • BC

• CVO1: Street Glide - 2020
Re: Brake lockup
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2021, 11:47:40 PM »

that really sounds dangerous.  Cant wait to hear further comments.  I have a system that you can put on the brakes on a hill which is suppose to release as you let the clutch out, sometimes it does not and I am almost doing a brake torque to get going, I will bring it up at my first service.

3dgcrew

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2021, 10:34:55 AM »

My bike is a 2019 so they didn't have the hill assist at that time and I don't know if the ABS light flashing and everything to do with it all I know is couldn't move the bike an inch if I were moving any faster it would have fell over

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: Current: 2019 CVO Road Glide Lightning Silver & Charred Steel With Black Hole
    • CVO2: Previous: 2016 CVO Street Glide Licorice/Cobalt
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2021, 11:38:53 AM »

My bike is a 2019 so they didn't have the hill assist at that time and I don't know if the ABS light flashing and everything to do with it all I know is couldn't move the bike an inch if I were moving any faster it would have fell over

The ABS Light flashes until you move the bike.   That is normal on my '19.  Not an indication of a problem unless it continues after you are moving.

3dgcrew

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2021, 12:10:58 PM »

After three weeks of waiting at the dealer finally they got to the bike they opened up the brake reservoir and they found tons of crystallization chunks of stuff in my brake reservoir front brake going to post pictures if anybody has seen anything like that any information would be very helpful

3dgcrew

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2021, 12:13:48 PM »

Trying to figure out how to post a pic the file sizes too big they say

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 21 queries.