Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sena 20s evo  (Read 791 times)

Hondo2doc

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
Sena 20s evo
« on: May 22, 2021, 07:27:28 AM »

I could use some help from you experienced head set guys.

I’m just getting started using a head set. I just recently installed a new GTS to my 2016 SESG along with the WHIM and have been learning my ass off about all the features. I got a pair of Sena 20s evo for me and my girlfriend. I use a full face helmet she uses a 3/4.

So here is my question. How do I reduce the sensitivity of the passenger microphone? Every thing is working real good intercom, radio, android auto etc. Except the wind into passenger microphone is canceling out the music.

I’ve been searching for a setting to adjust to correct this but no luck yet.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

r0de_runr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Officer Scott Noller RIP, 01/04/1989 - 12/28/2017
    • TX

• CVO1: 2019 Ultra Limited 114
    • CVO2: 2022 Heritage 114
    • CVO3: SOLD: 2014 Ultra Limited; SOLD: 2012 CVO Street Glide, SOLD 2016 BMW
    • Wichitagreg
Re: Sena 20s evo
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2021, 09:24:59 AM »

There is an app for you phone that lets you make adjustments, also on for the PC.
You can tun off VOX, and also adjust VOX sensitivity.  Make sure you have a wind soc (little foam thingie) on the mic, perhaps you need two foam thingies.
I don't leave my intercom engaged, just tap it when we want to talk.
"The Intercom Audio-Overlay Sensitivity Level setting in the Configuration menu is for adjusting the sensitivity level of the microphone for how loud/quiet your voice needs to be for the non-intercom audio to be reduced in the background that is being heard while having an intercom conversation. The highest sensitivity level, 10, means that you can barely speak or blow into the microphone for the non-intercom audio to be reduced. The lowest sensitivity level, 1, means that you have to speak very loudly or blow very heavily for the non-intercom audio to be reduced."

https://community.sena.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/216718906-Audio-overlay-sensitivity-explanation
Greg
formerly WichitaGreg
Lives in the TX Hill Country
AKA r0de_runr
Explore your VA Benefits:  http://1.usa.gov/1NPzKkM

Hondo2doc

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2021, 03:28:33 PM »

Hey thanks so much for the input. I know I can be as dumb as a bag of rocks but damn there is a large learning curve for these head sets and all of their settings and options. Then you add android auto and my brain goes to overload.

I will try the setting you suggested plus the double sock.

So for my bike when I have my phone plugged in using android auto I can’t have Bluetooth connection to bike at the same time. Is this normal?

Additionally my mic (rider) can’t wake up android auto with the “hey google” when at any speed above say 40 mph.

I’m trying to find the correction for this too.

Thanks.

Hondo2doc

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2021, 03:07:18 PM »

Something I learned I didn’t have my headset paired with my phone. I’m sure somewhere along the way some instructions said to do that but I missed it. Thus android auto wasn’t working. Once I paired my phone with my Sena 20s evo all was good.

Still working on the wind issue on the girlfriends mic.

WTF Chuck

• IBA 74296
  • 1K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2012 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO3: 2022 Screamin Eagle Road Glide Limited
    • Muck Cross Weather
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2021, 06:36:09 PM »

Are you connecting the headsets to each other or to the WHIM?
What I found works best for the Wife and I is to connect the the headsets to each other and then I connect to the whim so I can talk to the bitch in the bike who 50% of the time does not understand What I am trying to say. But the intercom works the best for us this way and we are using half helmets.

Fullsac DX Pipe  2" cores and screens
Dynojet  Power  Vision  Tuner
KST's
HARLEY 28 SPOKE CHROME WHEELS
Custom Dynamics Dynamic Ringz Magic Strobe-LTP
WHAT' S Next
Darkside
Ecsta PA31
195/60/16

Hondo2doc

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2021, 12:18:49 PM »

Yes pairing the headsets together and then to the bike but also to my phone.

Biggest issue I’m having is passenger microphone is sensitive it’s picking up excessive wind noise to the point can’t even use the intercom. I’m trying to figure out how to reduce the microphones sensitivity of the passenger.

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 22 queries.