Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: After market speakers that work with stock head unit  (Read 2100 times)

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

Re: After market speakers that work with stock head unit
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2021, 08:31:10 AM »

No sir it does not. Only has the Boom 1. The ultras do not come with the Boom2. All the other bikes do.

Yes found that out last nite after doing some research.. Whats difference between Boom 1 & 2 anyways..??
2018 Anniversary CVO M8

rayson56

• 1K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey not a destination.
    • WA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Black Earth/Vivid Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2007 FXDSE Red (Sold)
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2021, 11:42:22 AM »

Believe it or not, I emailed Sinister this exact question a few hours ago. I'll post up the reply once I get one back but I don't expect it over the weekend. I found the speaker kits on their site. It has a crossover built in. I asked them if we could bypass their crossover and use the leads from the HD amp as on the B2 system, it's my understanding that the amp is programmed as a crossover. I could be wrong though but it'd be the first time that's happened in the last 20 minutes. :confused5:

Interesting, well whichever company out there takes the time and effort to figure this one out stands to make some pretty good dough.
2010 Dyna Wide Glide
2021 GW Bagger
2018 SERG (Sold)
2011 SESG (Traded)
2007 Dyna Wide Glide CVO (Sold)
2010 Night Rod Special
2007 full custom road king
2006 big dog mastiff
2000 big dog pro 18
1999 big dog pro sport
1991 fxrs full custom
1984 v65 magna

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2021, 04:12:51 PM »

Yes found that out last nite after doing some research.. Whats difference between Boom 1 & 2 anyways..??
B1 is a single 4 channel amp that's 300 watts and sends 75 watts to each speaker.

B2 is 2 or more amps (same amps as the B1) in which the speakers take 2 channels each from the amp to power them. The mids/woofers get 75 watts and so do the tweeters so it takes 1 amp for each pair of speakers.

sent using Tapatalk

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2021, 05:57:10 PM »

B1 is a single 4 channel amp that's 300 watts and sends 75 watts to each speaker.

B2 is 2 or more amps (same amps as the B1) in which the speakers take 2 channels each from the amp to power them. The mids/woofers get 75 watts and so do the tweeters so it takes 1 amp for each pair of speakers.

sent using Tapatalk

Ok thnx then should be ok on just changing speakers out since they are 2ohm
2018 Anniversary CVO M8

Scott7d

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2020 CVO Road Glide 117"
    • IN

• CVO1: 2020 CVO Road Glide 117"
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2021, 09:58:53 PM »

So Scott7d, you have the 2 Boom II amps and 4 Boom II speakers on your 20 CVO RG and you replaced just the fairing speakers and you are happy with the upgrade to the sinister speakers correct? I couldn't find the RG setup on their website.

And thanks Scott for getting the ball rolling on this and the thorough description of what you have accomplished.

You are correct. Both stock amps, stock lid speakers, and only replaced fairing speakers. This kit does require you to drill and port your stock speaker housing, and the port tubes are included. The bass difference was noticable immediately. I can feel the bass in the palms of my hands now.

As mentioned, you're not going to turn the stereo on and immediately notice a magical difference (you'll notice the better bass immediately, though). But as you crank it up at highway speeds, you'll notice it's more clear. My fiance even noticed from the passenger seat. I think we are all familiar with the harsh treble and bass that craps out at loud volumes. Now for the front speakers, that is gone.

Prior to these speakers, reverb, if present in vocals, did not come through. Now if reverb is present you can actually hear it like they are in a concert hall. Guitar solos now don't get lost in the mix, and so on. Just lots of subtle differences that overall make it worth it.

For a rather economical, non invasive project, I am happy. Also happy to share the info and help others out.
Scott Matlock
Iron Butt Ride List

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2021, 04:49:43 PM »

Got my sinister fairing & tour pack speakers installed yesterday. Over all the sound coming out of them is louder & much cleaner. I was riding today doing 80 mph with the Sirius XM going & had volume maxed out without any distortion whatsoever... Thinking about adding the Arc audio amp to boost even more. But overall its an improvement over the Boom stuff.
2018 Anniversary CVO M8

Mr D

• 1K CVO Member
    • WI

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2021, 06:24:55 PM »

Got my sinister fairing & tour pack speakers installed yesterday. Over all the sound coming out of them is louder & much cleaner. I was riding today doing 80 mph with the Sirius XM going & had volume maxed out without any distortion whatsoever... Thinking about adding the Arc audio amp to boost even more. But overall its an improvement over the Boom stuff.

Are you able to keep the OE bar & shield speaker grills with the sinister speakers ?
2014 FLHRSE6 Orange/Black
2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby/Typhoon [Sold]
2007 SEUC2 Red/Blk [Sold]
2006 SEUC Haze/Black [Sold]
2005 SEEG Yellow [Sold]
2003 VRSCA [Sold]
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Phil 4:13

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2021, 08:36:21 PM »

Are you able to keep the OE bar & shield speaker grills with the sinister speakers ?

No they came with grills. Not sure if u can use the HD grills.
2018 Anniversary CVO M8
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 21 queries.