CVO Social > Other Topics

Pan America Special

(1/3) > >>

FLSTFI Dave:
I got to do a short test ride on the Pan America Special.  I am very impressed.  It is the quickest stock Harley I have every rode except a V-Rod. I understand why they have a rain mode.  Power is good down low RPM and at the top of the RPM.  Even with traction control on in sport mode it will try to lift the front tire.  The suspension is way better than any Harley I have ever rode.  Takes bumps much better than my touring bikes.  The information display is very nice too.  Seat hight stock has to positions plus they offer a low seat.  Under the seat it has two plugs for Heated gear.  It also has heated grips.  Front windshield height is adjustable, and they have taller and lower shields.  Harley really did their home work before brining this to market.

I plan to take a much longer test ride on it soon where I can hit some really bad spots in the road that jar the crap out of me on my bike.  Also what to hit some good twisty road to see how well it corners.  I am giving the bike serious thought.  I have always been interested in the ADV bikes. 

I also hope other brand riders will at least look at this and give it a test.  This could bring a whole new demographic to the Harley show room

spook120:
Mine is supposed to land by end of May. I will let the group know what I think after a few hundred miles. Had 4 GSA's so experienced in AVD bike world.

2smoke:
The Pan American got a smashing review in Cycle World. The author, Kevin Wing, said "it is the best bike Harley has ever built". This is a very crowded market segment and the competition has some excellent models. The Pan American will be a serious contender IF they can meet or beat the level of quality of the other brands. (Honda, KTM, BMW, etc.) If the quality is like everything else from Harley these days this bike will be their Waterloo.

FLSTFI Dave:

--- Quote from: spook120 on May 10, 2021, 07:27:31 AM ---Mine is supposed to land by end of May. I will let the group know what I think after a few hundred miles. Had 4 GSA's so experienced in AVD bike world.

--- End quote ---
I will be very interested in hearing your review.  My local dealership has five deposits so for for the Special.  You should be able to give a good review then with your ADV experience. 

mark:
 :drink:The author, Kevin Wing, said "it is the best bike Harley has ever built".  Not exactly a high bar to reach...lol. 

It does seem HD has done a good job on this bike, let’s hope first year production gremlins don’t show up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version