CVO Social > Other Topics

Pan America Special

<< < (3/3)

FLY-DOG:

--- Quote from: spook120 on June 17, 2021, 10:03:50 AM ---I have had a PAS on order since day one.  I was promised mid May delivery. Now delivery is pushed back to mid July. If I didn't have a full set of hard bags and mounts sitting in the corner, I would cancel the bike and go find another GSA. This is pure bullchit on HD's part. And frankly the longer I wait the less enthusiastic and more critical I become. And this is from a HD fan boy!

--- End quote ---

I recently purchased a 2021 R1250 GSA and kept my CVO Street Glide. Hang in there.....The GSA's have a waiting list as well due to COVID and the previous "stop sale" for several months due to the leaking Hayes front brake calipers being replaced by Brembo's. I might have bought a Pan AM Special if they were available 2 months ago. I still will test ride the PA when my local dealer has one available.

spook120:
Thanks. I will most likely go through with the Pan Am purchase, ride it for awhile to see how it performs as a long haul bike, and then go back to the GSA if expectations are not met. I am trying to not have pre existing prejudice against the Pan Am but finding it difficult to do so. In any case it will make good trade material for a 2022 CVO ! 

FLY-DOG:

--- Quote from: spook120 on June 17, 2021, 04:19:50 PM ---Thanks. I will most likely go through with the Pan Am purchase, ride it for awhile to see how it performs as a long haul bike, and then go back to the GSA if expectations are not met. I am trying to not have pre existing prejudice against the Pan Am but finding it difficult to do so. In any case it will make good trade material for a 2022 CVO !

--- End quote ---

I doubt you will be disappointed; when you get your new PA go on a ride with your local BMW ADV group and swap bikes back and forth with a new R1250 GSA owner for a back-to-back comparison; then let us know your thoughts! If you are near NE Florida, I will do a day's ride with you and swap back and forth.  8)

spook120:
Thanks for the offer, if I bought another GSA it would be my 5th one. It will be interesting how the PA compares. Thanks for the replies.

FLSTFI Dave:
Local dealer just had another loaded PAS in orange delivered yesterday afternoon.  Things are selling very fast.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version