CVO Technical > Drive Train

131 Primary Compensator question

(1/1)

USNCVO:
For those of you that have done the 131, are you running the stock compensator.  If not, what do you recommend.  I am looking at the Darkhorse and the Baker.  Thanks in advance.

R/Don

BTW, once we got the back pressure issue resolved and the corrupt tune file replaced... Ended up at 140whp/155wtq.

2smoke:
I am also in the process of deciding which compensator to go with. I am going to convert my bike to chain final drive so I'll be in there anyways. 35,000+ miles on my stock compensator with lots of abuse. I am leaning towards the Man O war compensator. I love the simplicity and weight savings.

trippy:
The Man-o-war certainly looks a  good bit of kit, my only concern is whether it has enough damping ability, In the UK there`s a company called TTS, they build Supercharger kits for cars bikes etc, including for Harley davidson`s, they believe that the clutch basket and the compensator need to be upgraded to cope with anything over 140 bhp, so they produce there own billet clutch basket, and regarding the compensator, they looked at various options but decided that the weak point of the SE Comp was the ramp piece, so they have made there own out of high grade steel to cope with the extra power, they believe the design of the SE comp allows for a large amount of damping which serves very well to protect the drive train.

rayson56:
This is what I'm looking into when the time comes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version