Custom Vehicle Discussions > CVO™ Street Glide®

Install advice (bars)

(1/2) > >>

kevin_n:
So I finally got everything to switch out the handlebars on my sg. I have the bars, new wires, bushings, and the drop down brackets for my mirrors. So I guess I’m wondering if you gents that have changed your own bars if you have any tips or tricks. I am going to be hopefully installing them tomorrow. Not worried about being fast, if I need to walk away from it and finish Sunday I am alright with that. Just don’t want to break anything or screw anything up.

Thanks
Kevin

Mr D:
Which bars are you installing?
Are you replacing the handle bar clamp ?
I personally would not change out a bar with out replacing the OE clamp.... its cheap insurance

--- Quote from: kevin_n on May 14, 2021, 08:21:26 PM ---So I finally got everything to switch out the handlebars on my sg. I have the bars, new wires, bushings, and the drop down brackets for my mirrors. So I guess I’m wondering if you gents that have changed your own bars if you have any tips or tricks. I am going to be hopefully installing them tomorrow. Not worried about being fast, if I need to walk away from it and finish Sunday I am alright with that. Just don’t want to break anything or screw anything up.

Thanks
Kevin

--- End quote ---

RivRaptor:
Check this link if I did it right about installing 14" bars I did a couple of years ago. https://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=118868.0

kevin_n:
So I got the namz wire harness ran, got the bars on the bike and plugged all connections in to make sure everything worked, and it did  ;D  Then I went to attached the brake lever and then all of a sudden the alarm starts screaming. The alarmed stopped and then screaming again. Did that a few times while I was trying to get to the battery. Got the seat off and was ready to disconnect the battery when it stopped. Now I have nothing. The security light doesn’t flash like normal and I have no power.

I checked fuses and nothing is blown, I am at a complete loss. I took everything apart again and there are no pinched wires. I have a feeling I really screwed something up and this is why I should just stick with paying people  :bigcry:

Mr D:

--- Quote from: kevin_n on May 15, 2021, 08:39:43 PM ---So I got the namz wire harness ran, got the bars on the bike and plugged all connections in to make sure everything worked, and it did  ;D  Then I went to attached the brake lever and then all of a sudden the alarm starts screaming. The alarmed stopped and then screaming again. Did that a few times while I was trying to get to the battery. Got the seat off and was ready to disconnect the battery when it stopped. Now I have nothing. The security light doesn’t flash like normal and I have no power.

I checked fuses and nothing is blown, I am at a complete loss. I took everything apart again and there are no pinched wires. I have a feeling I really screwed something up and this is why I should just stick with paying people  :bigcry:

--- End quote ---

Kev, go see the team at the HOH

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version