CVO Technical > General CVO discussion

Is it time to sell?

(1/6) > >>

JoeVibe:
Those that know me have probably heard me say how much I love my Road King and that I would likely die with it. Well, since I bought the Road Glide, and added my personal touches, it's become my new favorite and I haven't rode the Road King in nearly a year. The 16 year old in me is saying keep them both but the adult in me (yes I do have one) is saying sell it.

So, to those that have parted with a loved bike, how'd did you know it was truly time?

Joe

HOGMIKE:
I just sold the first Electra Glide I ever owned.
I’ve had it covered up for a few years and rode it about a year ago. I wanted it to go to someone who would restore and respect the older bikes. After talking to potential buyers I found a guy who I “connected” with.
He never questioned my asking price as he knew that I knew what is was worth. He paid cash, never even asked to start it! I assured him it ran fine and everything worked. He will restore it and add it to his collection.
He reminds me of me many years ago.
Deal done. He has called a couple of times wanting to buy some other parts I’ve had way too long. He knows I ask a fair price and he’s ok with that.
Win win for both of us. He was very polite and respectful from the beginning, that goes a long way with me.
I’m thinking of selling another bike soon but newer and hope to find another buyer like him!

Good luck finding that one buyer, after dealing with all the others!

GregKhougaz:
Do you ever really "know" it's time to sell? There are too many factors. But if you haven't used something in a year that is depreciating in value, it's certainly time to consider it. When I had my 2009 SERG 3, I rode my Titan Gecko Stretch regularly. It was a blast and never failed to turn heads. When I traded the SERG for the 15 CVO RGU, however, it was so comfortable and fun to ride that I rarely if ever rode the Titan. So, I put it up for sale at what I thought was a very high price and someone from the Netherlands actually paid the price. That's when I knew it was time to sell.

JoeVibe:
Thanks for your input guys. You've addressed two things that have been on my mind. First, I'd have to find "that guy" that wants my RK worse than I do. Second, they'd have to be willing to pay what I think is a fair price. I know I'll never get near what I've got invested in it but, I'd have to get considerably more than a base 14 CVO RK would sell for. At least at this time.

Cvostu:
I try not to get too attached to things.  If you aren't riding it, then why keep it.  I like to see it go to someone who is going to enjoy and appreciate it.  That's just my thoughts.  Stuart.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version