CVO Technical > Wheels/Tires/Suspension/Brakes

Bridgestone Battlecruise H50

(1/2) > >>

ltank:
Has anyone used the Bridgestone Battlecriuse H50?
I ordered a 130/90 B16 H73 front tire. I wanted the Dunlop American Elite in the same size and ratings and I have tried for over a month to No Avail. No one has them in stock. Did I screw up? I have tried many other front and Rear tires over the years from many other manufacturers.

cvosjoe:

--- Quote from: ltank on May 24, 2021, 09:33:06 PM ---Has anyone used the Bridgestone Battlecriuse H50?
I ordered a 130/90 B16 H73 front tire. I wanted the Dunlop American Elite in the same size and ratings and I have tried for over a month to No Avail. No one has them in stock. Did I screw up? I have tried many other front and Rear tires over the years from many other manufacturers.

--- End quote ---
Typically after the factory Dunlop tire wears out I replace them with the Dunlop AE. Now that there is a tire shortage I am trying a set of Bridgestone Battlecruise H50s on my 20 RGS. I've got just under 1k miles or so on them. They seem to be as good or better than the AEs on dry and wet roads. They took a few hundred miles to get use to. They are a different handling tire. They react quicker going into a curve and almost seem to pull you into the turn tighter. This might be my go to tire but I'll have a better idea once I wear out a set.

IMHO I would not mix brands. I still had usable tread on my front tire but I replaced both.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

ltank:
Great thanks for the insight. I should be getting my new tire today. My rear AE still has half it's tread and will try the H50 Rear in a few months when it wears out. Then I'll have matching tires.
  Strange how Covid created shortages in everything.  Seems there would be an over supply because people weren't buying.??? ODD!

rayson56:
Pretty good article from a few years back;

https://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/bridgestone-battlecruise-h50-cruiser-tire-first-ride#:~:text=Best%20of%20all%2C%20Bridgestone%20claims,of%2018%2C000%20to%2020%2C000%20miles.

Revzilla shows some pretty good prices too. Under $380 for a set for my 18 CVO RG.

Definitely worth considering.

ltank:
I got my new H50 front tire but I am disappointed that the middle of the tire thread depth is .165"
American Elite tire thread depth is 6/32" or .1875"
I can see that the tire thread was shallow in comparison of other tires.
   Some tires are even more to get higher mileage from expensive tires that usually wear out at 18k Front and 10k Rear tires. 130/90 B16 73H American Elite 4 tires are simply unavailable from every online vendor I found.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version