CVO Technical > Wheels/Tires/Suspension/Brakes

tires

(1/4) > >>

2006cvo:
i am looking for the best durable tire. cost is no issue

Twolanerider:
Many might wish to vote Metzler.  In the Dunlops you wondering about the E III or the stocker?  What about radials?  Willing to make that change?  What ab.....   

Ok, so maybe it's more than just Dunlop or Avon.

bisounours:
Good morning 2006cvo,

I send you the  :welcome_005: from FRANCE.

It'll be nice for the other members if you present you in the thread "New Member Introduction"
with a pic of your bike  :2vrolijk_21:

Best regards

:vrolijk_26:  Jacques

jeffj:
Hearing a rumor  :nixweiss: that the MoCo may start to use Michelin as a OE tire for some 2008 models 
As most of you know the Dunlop Tire has been the MoCo choice of tire for Many Years
Not sure if the reason the MoCo is looking at Michelin is for the 3 month strike in 4th qtr. 2006 or what?
Again it is a rumor and I guess we will wait and see if Michelin is available on 2008 models

jeffj

iski:
2006cvo - might want to give Metzler a try.  Tire discussions can get as involved as pipe discussions - depends on riding styles, personal preferences, etc. Trade offs are traction (softer) for longer tire life (harder), but it gets more involved fast when tread patterns and tread depth are considered.

Heard the same thing re:Michelin on some 2008 HD's.  Guess we will know soon enough.  The Goodyear (Dunlop) strike emphaiszes the pitfalls of having only one supplier for a critical item. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version