CVO Social > New Member Introduction

New to the forum

(1/4) > >>

TonyO77:
TonyO77 from Ga here.
I ride an 04 CVO EG, black and blue.
Pretty much factory except for Rhinehart true duals,14” bars, HawgWired speakers and a Flare windshield.
I do my own work.
A little over 50k miles, I bought it in 08 with 2425 miles, put 40k miles on it the first 3 years then my wife was killed in a crash, she rode her own.
Kinda lost my desire to ride after that and just started really riding again in the last year.
Looking at possible cam change, oil pump upgrade etc.
What can anyone tell me about the cams that come factory?
Anyone change over to solid lifters from the hydraulics?
Also stereo upgrades without adding rear speakers?
Thanks for the add!

Twolanerider:

--- Quote from: TonyO77 on June 05, 2021, 11:14:39 AM ---TonyO77 from Ga here.
I ride an 04 CVO EG, black and blue.
Pretty much factory except for Rhinehart true duals,14” bars, HawgWired speakers and a Flare windshield.
I do my own work.
A little over 50k miles, I bought it in 08 with 2425 miles, put 40k miles on it the first 3 years then my wife was killed in a crash, she rode her own.
Kinda lost my desire to ride after that and just started really riding again in the last year.
Looking at possible cam change, oil pump upgrade etc.
What can anyone tell me about the cams that come factory?
Anyone change over to solid lifters from the hydraulics?
Also stereo upgrades without adding rear speakers?
Thanks for the add!

--- End quote ---

The 103 engines in those bikes were great.  Only qualifier is the cam tensioners.  If you do nothing else and you're at 40k already do that service.  You're beyond the mileage when they have shown significant wear or even total failure.  When that happens you can lose an engine.

As for the rest of it there are many many options.  Perhaps takes those questions to the more specific areas of the site but you won't be hurting for suggestions.  Nice bike.

bisounours:
Hello,

:welcome_005: on the CVO website  :2vrolijk_21:

I send you the  :welcome_005: from FRANCE

But  :worthless: of your bikes !

Best Regards

:vrolijk_26: Jacques

BigLock:
Welcome from the Tar Heel state!!!

Joel:
Welcome from Spokane Washington

Navigation