Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lowering Passenger Footboards on 2020 FLHTKSE  (Read 1671 times)

Vstrut

• TX

• CVO1: FLHTKSE - 2020 Ultra Limited
Lowering Passenger Footboards on 2020 FLHTKSE
« on: June 14, 2021, 10:41:14 AM »

I need some help. I traded my 2014 FLHTKSE in on a 2020 FLHTKSE over the weekend. I bought it in Birmingham and live south of Houston, so taking it back to the dealer is really not an option. Anyway, my wife is skinny w/long legs and the passenger footboards are too high. I looked at trying to revers the footbaord holder but realized I didn't have the right tools. What options do I have in lowering the passenger foodbards? There appears to be pleanty of room from the exhaust pipes to lower it a few inches. If I can lower them and slide them forward a bit, that would be a winner winner! I'm want to reuse the stock footboard if possible due to it being the brushed satin finish. I plan on puting a set of Neighbor Hater exhaust with Khrom Works headers. I don't think that will change the height of the exhaust from the current stock pipe.

Thanks in advance for your help.

spence

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

• CVO1: 2016 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2020 CVO Limited
Re: Lowering Passenger Footboards on 2020 FLHTKSE
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2021, 10:54:25 AM »

From the few I have owned the floorboard is always in the top notch from the factory so you should be able to lower it down a notch that will give her a little more room.  You may also want to think about the kuryakyn tourpak extender, you can move the tourpak back a few inches that way and that may help with her long legs as well.

Dustball

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2021, 10:36:27 AM »

On my 2020 FLHTKSE, I adjusted the passenger floorboards loosening the two 5/16" hex heads and rotating the boards in an arc up-forward-down to give her the space she needed.  My wife is thin so the tour pak extender would not only move her farther back from me, which she doesn't like, but also would create an issue with her calves riding against the saddlebag protectors.  We ran into this very issue with my '03 RK in finding her a comfortable riding position. Happy wife, happy life.  :)

Vstrut

• TX

• CVO1: FLHTKSE - 2020 Ultra Limited
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2021, 01:19:28 PM »

I lowered them from the stock position and she seems to be okay with it. We will see. We are riding 800+ to Alabama to see our daughter at the University of Alabama in Sept so that will be our test. And you are correct... happy wife, happy life!

tunaman

• 2019 FLHTKSE
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Limited
    • CVO2: 2016 C7 Z51
    • CVO3: 2007 Fat Boy (non-CVO)
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2021, 01:34:05 AM »

My ‘19 had them on the top position and straight up when I bought it, and I dropped them to the lowest position and rotated them forward. My wife is 6’, and found them to be comfortable in that position on our recent trip - we rode many hours and many miles several days and no complaints from the back seat.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2021, 09:58:14 AM »

Have you considered the Kurakn Adjustable Passenger Pegs?  The floorboards sit below the adjustable pegs and the pegs are adjustable on the fly.....          https://www.kuryakyn.com/products/1596/adjustable-passenger-pegs       
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

kojak

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2021, 01:15:40 AM »

On my 2020 FLHTKSE, I adjusted the passenger floorboards loosening the two 5/16" hex heads and rotating the boards in an arc up-forward-down to give her the space she needed.  My wife is thin so the tour pak extender would not only move her farther back from me, which she doesn't like, but also would create an issue with her calves riding against the saddlebag protectors.  We ran into this very issue with my '03 RK in finding her a comfortable riding position. Happy wife, happy life.  :)
There is a lot of adjustment possible with the cvo limited’s starting in 2017 to current. Like dustball said, rotate them to the lowest position and see how they work.
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2021 CVO Limited Bronze Armor Sold
2019 RGS Billiard Blue Traded
2017 CVO Limited Spiked Olive Traded
2016 CVO SG Stardust Traded
2013 CVO RG Atomic Orange Sold
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
And some 20 other bikes over 45 years

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2021, 11:40:20 AM »

My BSR is 4’11”
On my 2019 I have them all the way up and she says it’s fine.
Granted, lots of adjustment all around.

:nixweiss:
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 11:43:09 AM by HOGMIKE »
HOGMIKE

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 22 queries.