CVO Technical > Electronic Toys and Gadgets

Help?? Thoughts on a problem

(1/2) > >>

JoeSDE:
2010 FXSTC. While driving down the road, around 60mph, I hit the horn and the throttle stopped responding. The bike didn’t shut off, but when I got to the side of the road, it was in a fast idle and pretty much no response to resisting the throttle. Shut it down, sat for a minute and everything came back as normal. Of course when I tried to make it happen again, it wouldn’t. Pending problem or just one of those things!!??? Probably need to check for a code??? Only thing done to the bike recently was the installation of anew battery. Thanks for any ideas!!!  JoeS

Twolanerider:
You answered your own question.  Check for codes and then add to the story.

JoeSDE:
Thanks for you’re response!! So the following codes have come up:

P1511. EFI power management mode
P2135  TPS (throttle position sensor) correlation error
b1066. ????
U1040. Lost comm W/BCM (body control module)

I’ll follow up on these today and see what happens. Thanks again for getting me started!!
Bike still runs, have been unable to duplicate the problem.

JoeSDE:
Ok, so after clearing all the codes, I’m finding 2 persistent and current codes. It’s the b 1006 code which denotes accessory line over voltage. This code comes up for both the speedometer and tachometer. Simply turning the bike on will cause these codes to appear. And of course the part numbers associated with these codes are for a speedometer & tachometer. The bike is running fine, but I don’t know what these codes mean. Looking like the next step may be the dreaded visit to the dealership!!!

Twolanerider:
With B1006 I've found the following things:

Most common has been a bad voltage regulator (three times that I can think of.  Also have seen a bad stator cause it (once).  Also have seen bad grounds or other cable connections throw this code.  And, once, dealt with a bike that was getting this code and the problem went away with the replacement of the aftermarket load equalizer (the thing added in to make LED bulbs work right).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version