Custom Vehicle Discussions > 1999 FXR2/1999 FXR3/2000 FXR4

FXR as Dressed Up as It's Likely Ever Going to Get

<< < (2/3) > >>

GregKhougaz:
That is one sweet looking ride!  :pepper:

Fired00d:
Nice job... bike looks great!!! Did I really just say that about a red bike?!?!?

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

Twolanerider:

--- Quote from: Fired00d on June 16, 2021, 01:30:59 PM ---Nice job... bike looks great!!! Did I really just say that about a red bike?!?!?

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

--- End quote ---

You did ^  :drink: :huepfenlol2:

When I got this bike 3+ years ago I knew it was going to be a local riding toy.  It wasn't beat up but it had been sitting for a long time so needed all the obvious and a little that wasn't so.  Over time it's been a fun project though.  I like a little of the old patina that's left on it but it has dressed up nicely.  What I didn't anticipate, however, was how much I'd enjoy riding it. 

The engine is never too hot to be uncomfortable.  After a seat swap it's comfortable.  Bar swap and adding a windshield finished dialing in the rider position.  Adding the footboards made it as comfortable as any bike is going to be.  But it's so light it's just easy to ride.  It's fine to head out on anymore.  35-40 years ago bikes less capable than this I'd have headed out on across country with a backpack and a bedroll and never given it a second thought.  This little guy is ok.

porthole:

--- Quote from: Fired00d on June 16, 2021, 01:30:59 PM ---Nice job... bike looks great!!! Did I really just say that about a red bike?!?!?

--- End quote ---

:cherry: :apple:
 :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Twolanerider:
This was never intended to be a long-trip rider here.  At least not while the other bikes are also in the garage.  It was always intended to be a local screw-around day bike just for the fun of it.  As it has come back from the years long hibernation it endured before it came to me the bike has gotten better and better though.  It is perfectly capable of riding as far as one wanted to go anymore.  I certainly used to road trip on bikes less capable and never gave it a thought.

Yesterday, however, the bike collected the most miles it has gotten in one day since I've had it.  Perhaps ever in its biketime.  Headed out yesterday morning for a non-destinatory breakfast run that ended getting home about three and a half hours and about 175 miles later.  I answered nature's call, then gave the bike a good walk-around, and through caution to the wind.  Did not give one of the other bikes it's turn.  Took the risk of pissing on of the others off and headed back out on the FXR.  By the time I was home for the end of the day the bike collected over 500 miles yesterday.  Little engine just purrs.  Seat and bars fit me ok.  Almost 50 mpg.  Not a bad ride it is for a "spare" bike.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version