Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: khrom werks headers w/ neighbor hater exhaust  (Read 1053 times)

Vstrut

• TX

• CVO1: FLHTKSE - 2020 Ultra Limited
khrom werks headers w/ neighbor hater exhaust
« on: June 16, 2021, 09:49:28 PM »

I just pick up a 2020 FLHTKSE CVO ULTRA LIMITED. It has 1500 miles on it and is all stock. I ordered neighbor hater exhaust which showed up today. I'm thinking about getting some khrome werks headers but not sure how that will affect my warranty. I have the original HD warranty and extended it up to 60k. It wasn't cheap so I don't want to screw it up but I hate quiet bikes. The damn thing sounds like a lawnmower. Will the Khrom Works headers invalidate the warranty? The dealer I bought it from is in Birmingham and their service manager said he wouldn't let the krome werks w/neighbor haters affect the warranty. I live in Houston and haven't even asked my dealer yet. Has anyone tried this combo and if so, what was the effect on the warranty.

Thanks in advance for your help.

SIKBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AL

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE: Orange Pearl & Jet Black
Re: khrom werks headers w/ neighbor hater exhaust
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2021, 09:55:43 PM »

Slipons will not affect your warranty but headers will void it for sure…which dealer did you buy from Rider’s or Heart of Dixie?  If you’re willing to take it back to Birmingham for warranty work then no problem but if you’re out on a trip and you breakdown then it’s game over, unless you get it towed back to Birmingham.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 09:58:31 PM by SIKBIRD »

FELIX

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • BC

• CVO1: Street Glide - 2020
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2021, 12:01:07 AM »

Here, if I put on slip ons myself and dont let a dealer do it with a certified harley tech, warranty "can" be void, and most likely will, seriously..  I just dont care, but you need to evaluate yourself so that your not left hanging.

Vstrut

• TX

• CVO1: FLHTKSE - 2020 Ultra Limited
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2021, 12:20:45 PM »

Thanks guys! I think I'll put the exhaust on myself and then if my dealer in Houston throws a fit, I will put the stock back on and let them put the neighbor haters on a second time. Quite frankly, I don't get it but there are a lot of things about Harley that I don't get. I love their CVO's and this one rides so much better than my 2014 did.

Since I have your attention, have either of you ever run your exhaust without the baffles. The pipes I bought have removable baffles but I have read some mixed thoughts on doing that. Some say it will screw up your motor over time and others say it will be just fine. What are your thoughts?

SIKBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AL

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE: Orange Pearl & Jet Black
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2021, 03:42:48 PM »

I ran my night train with V&H big shots w/out baffles for a little while but decided it sounded better with them so put em back in.  My current setup: V&H dresser duals and eliminator 400’s sounds awesome (at least to me) so I have not messed with the baffles at all.  I don’t own an M8 but from what I have read, your going to need cams to get the sound you’re looking for out of it.

That said, someone will be along directly to quote the tired old phrase: “don’t confuse sound with performance”…sigh

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 22 queries.