CVO Technical > Twin Cam

No oil pressure

(1/2) > >>

TonyO77:
Got it back together, I’m sure it is right but I have no oil pressure, does having the pushrod covers down effect oil pressure?
Not sure what the problem is, I spun the back wheel before I tried to start it and I could hear the pump sucking oil.

RZRBK:
Probably have your oil pump divider plate capping the pump instead of between the gears.

Twolanerider:
Do you have no oil pressure while it's running or are you looking for some signal of pressure while spinning the wheel or turning the engine over without firing? If any of the latter go ahead and fire it up. If you got no pressure while the engine is running far and away the most likely issue is something incorrect in the oil pump assembly.

TonyO77:
I had the divider on the outside blocking the pump, luckily it doesn’t appear to have hurt anything, I ran it for about a minute but I had already filled the cam chest and the oil pan with oil, the battery died, ( glad it did) so while I was charging it I start going over the assembly diagram and that’s when I realized I assembled it wrong.
Took it back apart and corrected it, thank god for adjustable pushrods, hopefully I will finish it up tomorrow.

Twolanerider:

--- Quote from: TonyO77 on June 17, 2021, 07:12:29 PM ---I had the divider on the outside blocking the pump, luckily it doesn’t appear to have hurt anything, I ran it for about a minute but I had already filled the cam chest and the oil pan with oil, the battery died, ( glad it did) so while I was charging it I start going over the assembly diagram and that’s when I realized I assembled it wrong.
Took it back apart and corrected it, thank god for adjustable pushrods, hopefully I will finish it up tomorrow.

--- End quote ---

Glad you caught it.  Cool place to work?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version