Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Android Auto Not Working...  (Read 542 times)

Fast FLHX

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: Kryptonite FLHXSE2 (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2020 Smokey Grey/Black Hole FLHXSE
Android Auto Not Working...
« on: June 19, 2021, 09:49:36 PM »

I installed the most recent firmware for my 2020 FLHXSE w/GTS head unit.  Firmware is M21.20.28.00.  My understanding is that I should have access to Android Auto now, but don't.

I tried two different phones, both of which work on my car with Android Auto.

Nothing.

Anyone run into this?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 10:27:51 PM by Fast FLHX »

Hondo2doc

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
Re: Android Auto Not Working...
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2021, 10:09:02 PM »

Well, I wish I had an answer for you. The Android auto for me on my 2021 CVO Street Glide is sketchy at best. Most times it will launch once I plug my phone in but usually several times during the ride it will disconnect itself and say there's been an error and asked me to unplug and replug it back in.

Also the microphone is inconsistent when it comes to SMS messages or WhatsApp messages I can make the initial request and then the microphone goes dead and won't let me complete the task. Now my microphone works great for phone calls through Android auto or giving it directions say to play SiriusXM.

I wish you luck figuring it out. I have reached out to the Android auto app people about this microphone issue and still waiting for some type of reply.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

FELIX

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • BC

• CVO1: Street Glide - 2020
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2021, 01:04:36 AM »

I have the 2020, upgraded the firmware so android auto will work. Have the Samsung S21, I have the same experience, it starts fine the first connect, often it will disconnect after a few miles or even after an hour.  Its then so difficult to get it to reconnect.  Then after I stop and leave the phone connected, restart the bike, its absolutely unable to reconnect.  I have pulled the phone and rebooted then good to go again like first connection.  I think its an android auto thing rather than a HD thing, But I just dont know.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 08:39:53 AM by FELIX »

Hondo2doc

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2021, 07:39:35 AM »

I can't figure out if it's an Android auto issue or a Harley issue. My truck is a little bit older so I can't use Android auto and it to test it to see how it works is compared to the Harley. I know there had been several post on here about Apple carplay and it being very sketchy and disconnecting reconnecting things like that do it very well may be a Harley issue I don't know

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ddale340

• 2020 FLHTKSE
    • GA

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 (sold)
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHTKSE (sold), 2017 FLHTKSE (sold)
    • CVO3: 2020 FLHTKSE
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2021, 03:14:52 PM »

I have the same firmware on my 2020 FLHTKSE and have android auto working, so yes, I believe you should have android auto as well. Check under settings that Projection is turned on, I believe it's the last setting in the settings menu. Perhaps try a different USB cable, many android auto issues can be traced back to a bad cable. If that doesn't work, perhaps try plugging in a thumb drive to the USB port and see if the radio recognizes that, ensure that you don't have an issue with the USB cord to the head unit. Other than that, I can't think of any other ideas, other than perhaps re-flash the radio, maybe something didn't load correctly with the previous flash.

Page created in 0.225 seconds with 21 queries.