Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: just bought 2007 flhtcuse2  (Read 2060 times)

Noworries420

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

just bought 2007 flhtcuse2
« on: August 05, 2021, 01:05:49 AM »

so i just bought this bike and it came with an awesome corbin seat with the stock seat and tour pack as well. well my question is, is there something that needs to be done to be able to put the stock one up seat back on and use the tour pack? was there different hardware added when this seat was changed or am i just that unversed in motorbike seats?

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: just bought 2007 flhtcuse2
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2021, 06:50:45 AM »

You missed the board where you introduce yourself and tell us a bit about you and your riding experience.  Welcome to the board.

As far as the seat goes....you'll likely have to take it off and have a look to answer your question.  I've owned several Corbin seats and they all mount differently.  I don't recall any that mount the same way as the stock OEM seat does.  But with the Corbin I was able to remove the passenger seat and ride with the solo seat and my tour pack.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Noworries420

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2021, 01:08:06 PM »

well i have taken off the seat to see the hook up and the is a locking post stud under the front end of the seat to be able to lock the seat in place. i use a key to remove the seat. does that little post piece need to be removed to put the stock seat back on? or if anybody has a video showing the stock seat going back on so i can see what i am missing. but with the tour pack being quick on off your saying that i can just add the one up pad that matches the seat that i have and throw the tour pack on and we good to go in the summer months. but i am still in need of figuring out the stock seat so that when me and the misses go for trips and what not that she can utilize the heated seats. the one up pad doesn't have that ability for her that's why i want to be able to know how to get the stock setup properly attached. any help is greatly appreciated.

rayson56

• 1K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey not a destination.
    • WA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Black Earth/Vivid Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2007 FXDSE Red (Sold)
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2021, 02:56:46 PM »

Welcome. So, we are to assume that your Corbin is a solo, rider only seat?? If that is the case you would have a post, like you mentioned, in the front and a metal mounting strap on the rear fender for the tongue on the rear of the Corbin seat which both need to be removed before installing your stock seat.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 02:59:54 PM by rayson56 »
2010 Dyna Wide Glide
2021 GW Bagger
2018 SERG (Sold)
2011 SESG (Traded)
2007 Dyna Wide Glide CVO (Sold)
2010 Night Rod Special
2007 full custom road king
2006 big dog mastiff
2000 big dog pro 18
1999 big dog pro sport
1991 fxrs full custom
1984 v65 magna

Noworries420

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2021, 09:31:14 AM »

so once i take off the locking stud is there a tongue groove that needs to go back on to be able to attach the front of the stock seat and the locking nut on the the back or am i still missing a step or something other?

Page created in 0.212 seconds with 23 queries.