Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: Jordans - 2001 Road King Build Thread. Swapping Marelli System to Delphi w/ o2  (Read 4524 times)

jae30001

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

Re: Jordans - 2001 Road King Build Thread. Swapping Marelli System to Delphi
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2021, 01:16:04 PM »

Got the Bungs welded onto the exhaust.  Twinscan and TTS bothi installed.  ( Both USB's are in the saddle bag, I can just pop the side cover to swap connections, I have thought about using a Y splitter To leave both connected at once, not sure if that would cause disruptions ). Got the O2s Ordered, and have the widebands installed, Going to try and figure out how to scan with Twinscan, and program with TTS.  I have been trying to find the correct Excel Sheets, unfortunately none of them are correct! the cells are off 14x21.

jae30001

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

Re: Jordans - 2001 Road King Build Thread. Swapping Marelli System to Delphi
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2021, 01:27:30 PM »

o2 Switching Sensors are in.  Along with wiring and pin Sensors.  Time to add Narrowband Switching SEnsors onto the bike, and flash a newer file with o2s

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2

This all has the odor of progress :2vrolijk_21: .

jae30001

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

The bike as it sits.. it runs awesome! Generally speaking, i still need to dial in the tune.  it was extremely lean, i dialed that in manually.. Which.. im not sure why as the o2 sensors came in and the bike needs flashed again haha.... as they say idle hands are the devils hands. 

So. I started to build the Wiring harness for the o2 sensors.  Now i must say, you can use the default connector that comes with the o2 sensor, and just find a male end.. But honestly.. i have used those and they are junk when it comes to weather and abuse.  Delphi connectors are always the way to go.  You can grab them from amazon.

jae30001

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

Here is the old connector in the background.  also i prefer to get the delphi connectors with the barrel compression pins.

jae30001

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

If you need to disassemble a connector, there are plastic stoppers inside, simply push them down, to release the crimped wire.

jae30001

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

Accessory harness .  I ordered 2 pin and 4. 

jae30001

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

Here is my finished harness for the oxygen sensors.  I just need to installed them on the bike, and route the wiring.  And ofcourse, open the PCM harness up, and stick the pin in.

jae30001

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

Just a reminder.. If you do Not want to go with adding oxygen sensors ( o2 ), all you need is a tune and your done.  Otherwise, continue on

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

Really good to see all the continuing progress.  When you get done you're going to have the newest 2001 Road King there is!

jae30001

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

Really good to see all the continuing progress.  When you get done you're going to have the newest 2001 Road King there is!
haha thanks man.  I have been searching everywhere for those ECM pins.. Finally decided to call the local Harley dealer that never has anything other than $200 brakes.. andd Bingo  they had 8x Terminals in stock.  Going to head there grab those, and get these o2s installed with a flash and start tuning.. once again lol.    :2vrolijk_21: :drink:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

And it sooooooooooooo sucks to have to stop when you're in the zone and making progress just becuase you don't have some STOOOPID wire terminal.  I've bought a few old random junk harnesses for cheap over the years just so I can have stuff to cut up when it might be convenient.  Cause there ain't no damned parts store open at 2am on a Saturday morning when you're a few beers in AND in a zone.

jae30001

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

EXactly!!!!  I remember about 10-15 years ago, the local CarQuest was open 247.   Only one around with hours like that.  Now your lucky if they are open until 7.  With this dang covid, even worse!.

Good News. Landed the wire terminals. Got her wired up  :orange: :drummer: 

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

jae30001

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

Wired up a delphi connector with the correct ECM pins on the end.  ( Give yourself more space in-between the sheathing than i did.  It got pretty tight.

jae30001

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

Here is a shot of the connector rear. Notice those little clips on the outside, you'll have to simply pop those off. and cut the zip tie. Then your home free.
There are little plugs blocking the holes you need.
TERMINAL #8 == FRONT o2 SENSOR WIRE.
TERMINAL #23 == REAR o2 SENSOR WIRE
TERMINAL #26 = Sensor Ground wire ( this may have a wire just splice into it )
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 21 queries.