Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: Jordans - 2001 Road King Build Thread. Swapping Marelli System to Delphi w/ o2  (Read 4450 times)

jae30001

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

Notice in this photo, i removed that clear plastic cover with a screw driver. This made pulling the pins through the connector easier. I HIGHLY recommend 20 AWG wire for this connection. My 18 was fat and JUST FIT.

jae30001

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

As i mentioned terminal #26 the ground was already taken,,, so i spliced into it.

jae30001

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

Connector closed up
You can see the clear cover easy in this photo.  I used shrink wrap, sheathing... and tape. oh. and zipties.

jae30001

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

Dont forget anti seize on those threads!

jae30001

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

Front o2 wire harness in its home spot.

jae30001

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

Zip Tie and she looks clean

jae30001

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

And here we have the finished product. ( as far as o2 sensors installed and pinned to the ECM )

o2 sensors are installed! ( Please excuse the PCM and the mess under the right side cover), i have been trying to fabricate a perfect fitting peice of metal, but she keeps coming out wrong, as i keep adding things. I will update when i finish it.

Anyways, here she is. ready for a tune!

jae30001

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

Now.. as for the tuning.. TTS manual stated.. "you need a 176 Calibration file".  After staring at that sentence for hours, and searching around.. it seems ANY 176 file will work.. which covers multiple bikes from many years.. say.. 2006-2009.. actually it may run 2006-2011 for the safe range, Just do not quote me on that.  I found a suitable file from the 2007 year category from the TTS library. 

Thing to keep in mind.. and make sure you change. "ECM Constants"  Displacement size, injector size, etc.  I also copied over every table from my previous tune as a starting point.  And this my friends.. gave me a MAP to start out with.

I will report back, after i get a few logs, and make a few changes.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2

Dont forget anti seize on those threads!

And read the bottle on the anti-seize that's used.  Some versions are not appropriate for the sensors.

jae30001

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

*** Some more info on the tuning part ****
I will upload the original TUNE file, and my tuned/Changed file just incase it is able to help anyone. 

Being the narrow bands can only measure that "narrow band" of 14.1-15.  I feel its better to dial the entire VE table in, using the "band" the sensors are able to measure  (14.67).    So to get a good tune:  I set the entire AFR table to 14.6, Tuned the entire VE table until i got within %5.  Then Smoothed it.  Then set the AFR table back to where i wanted it ( in your case stock ).  That should pretty much get you exactly where you want.  If you follow this method, don't forget to zero out any adders or decel tables.

jae30001

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

So i was tuning, and could not figure out the wild readings.. until i realized the o2 sensors were installed backwards! Yep.. it happens  :oops: ..  Put the front to the front, rear to the rear, and she has been running amazing.  I have been using vtune for about 500 miles now.  And still dialing her in.

She feels like a whole new bike.  Extremely quicker, and sounds very healthy.    I don't get that lean feeling at higher RPMs, or the RICH feelings at low rpm climbs.  I am very happy with the outcome of the swap.  Highly recommend it to anyone with a carb or marelli.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2

So i was tuning, and could not figure out the wild readings.. until i realized the o2 sensors were installed backwards! Yep.. it happens  :oops: ..  Put the front to the front, rear to the rear, and she has been running amazing.  I have been using vtune for about 500 miles now.  And still dialing her in.

She feels like a whole new bike.  Extremely quicker, and sounds very healthy.    I don't get that lean feeling at higher RPMs, or the RICH feelings at low rpm climbs.  I am very happy with the outcome of the swap.  Highly recommend it to anyone with a carb or marelli.

Ooops  :huepfenlol2: .

I don't think that would compensate for having the plug wires on backwards!

Now you're making great progress.  If you're finding/feeling more in the tune than you ever did before I still bet with all you described already in that engine that it was built more than the old Marelli ECM could be tuned for.  You may finally be dialing what the engine can actually do.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 21 queries.