Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Truck shopping  (Read 3064 times)

kevin_n

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

• CVO1: 2016 SESG
Re: Truck shopping
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2021, 08:40:06 PM »

This is the toy hauler we are looking to get
https://www.rvuniverse.com/listing/for-sale/206616125/2021-forest-river-cherokee-grey-wolf-limited-26mbrr-travel-trailer-toy-haulers

I have been considering a 1 ton single wheel over the 3/4 ton. The 1 ton trucks around here are fully loaded and cost way more than I want to pay at this time. I don’t want leather and don’t necessarily need ALL the options they come with. As far as what brand I am open, Kathy will need more convincing to switch from a GM truck.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2021, 11:17:54 PM »

New truck?  I bought a new truck a couple weeks ago!  Well, sort of.  It's almost a truck.  It at least has a bed.  Well, a little one.  I call it the UNTRUK.  :2vrolijk_21:

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2021, 03:35:20 AM »

I really want to change my grill and headlights to the setup you have. I have the Laramie and while the LED setup is nicer than the halogen, it just doesn't have that sleek look like yours.

sent using Tapatalk

After we gave up on Ford (could not find what we wanted Sept. 2020 or even close) we started looking at Limiteds.  Liked the look of the Longhorn inside/outside better.  Not a lot of them around then but we managed to find one. Like that flag graphic on yours - a lot.

Headlights on this one are BI-Function LED Projector Headlamps.  Had to look that one up.  They work great & have an auto dimmer feature for the high beams that works great on the darker country roads.  Truck had so many "safety" warnings - beeps, buzzers, whatevevers that it took me 2 weeks to disable the ones I didn't want, which was most of them.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 08:20:23 AM by iski »
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2021, 07:07:23 AM »

A properly equipped Chevy or GMC half ton with a 6.2 has a towing capacity of 12,200.  Unless you are going to to a lot a 3/4 ton may be way more than you need.  I'm not trying to talk anyone out of one just throwing out options.

I have towed a 11,800 pound RV for 10 years.  Towed it with a 1 ton crew cab dually.  Sold the RV about 10 years ago.

The F-150 I sold a month ago, was rated to tow 11,500.  Not a chance in the world I would have considered towing even 10K with it, maybe 8K at the maximum.

Dealer where I bought my 17 usually had 70 to 90 trucks on his lot, had four this past Monday
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

SIKBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AL

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE: Orange Pearl & Jet Black
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2021, 09:23:28 AM »

I absolutely HATE buying from any kind of dealer or car lot and try to avoid them at all costs.  Honestly, I’d rather spend the night in the county jail than spend a day at a car lot.  But my daughter turns 16 in a few months so I set out looking for her a car, ended up buying her an Acura ILX from an Acura Carland in Atlanta.  Price was better than anything I could find locally but I’m not foolish enough to ever believe I got the better end of the deal.  Anyhow, it took them 67 days to send the paperwork to my county in Alabama which was well beyond the expiration of the temporary tag.  Lesson learned

I’m just so thankful that the rest of this country is not ran like car dealerships.  Can you imagine haggling with the cashier over every item in your buggy at the grocery store? The guy in front of you gets a gallon of milk for $5, you paid $4 and the guy behind you pays $6. Seriously, there has to be a better way.

johnsachs

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2021, 04:14:19 PM »

I've had them all, was even a Ford dealer, and sold them all over the years. I have to say my Ram Limited is the best one I've ever owned.
John

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2021, 09:22:41 PM »

This is the toy hauler we are looking to get
https://www.rvuniverse.com/listing/for-sale/206616125/2021-forest-river-cherokee-grey-wolf-limited-26mbrr-travel-trailer-toy-haulers

I have been considering a 1 ton single wheel over the 3/4 ton. The 1 ton trucks around here are fully loaded and cost way more than I want to pay at this time. I don’t want leather and don’t necessarily need ALL the options they come with. As far as what brand I am open, Kathy will need more convincing to switch from a GM truck.

Kevin, nice trailer!

That has a spec GVWR of just under 8k#.  You should be good with a 3/4t on that trailer.

You're right, lots of the larger trucks are coming through as fully loaded and that does raise the cost quite a bit.  Keep looking and you'll find what you're looking for.  You're not in a rush at the moment and things can only get better from an inventory standpoint.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.223 seconds with 21 queries.