Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Edge programmer  (Read 1116 times)

kevin_n

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

• CVO1: 2016 SESG
Edge programmer
« on: March 13, 2022, 12:48:08 PM »

So we are in the process of purchasing a new toy hauler. I have been talking to a friend that has a 16 Silverado he pulls a toy hauler with and he purchased a edge programmer. He says it improved the overall drive ability of his truck. Says he gets better fuel mileage while towing his camper and he suggests that I buy one for our 2012 Silverado. I have been doing some research and don’t find many negative reviews on them. I also like that I can turn off the active fuel management, I have read that it can lead to problems with valves and possible engine failure. Now our truck is not high mileage, only 62,000 miles. We don’t drive it in the winter, only really used for pulling our current trailer and home improvement runs, and taken to work some times over summer just cause. With the prices of new trucks a new one wont happen for a few years. Does anyone have any experience with the edge programmers? Would you guess consider putting one in your trucks?

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 YELLOW!!
Re: Edge programmer
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2022, 01:09:14 PM »

I can't speak for the edge on a GM product, but co worker has one on his Dodge and has seen similar results as your friend. I personally have always used the bully dog products and have had very good results, with an increase in power and fuel mileage. One common between all of them that have multiple power settings the lowest setting should be all you need. As you step up in power you also are stepping up fuel rail pressure which will sooner or later cause issues in the fuel system.
Most great stores start with a bad decision

kevin_n

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

• CVO1: 2016 SESG
Re: Edge programmer
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2022, 02:59:55 PM »

Thanks for the reply. I would just be using the economy and towing settings, after all it isn’t a race truck. The bikes and camper will be expensive hobbies so a “race” truck is out of the question    ;D

Page created in 0.295 seconds with 21 queries.