Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 298

Author Topic: Friday Beer Thread  (Read 728650 times)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
Re: Friday Beer Thread
« Reply #105 on: April 30, 2007, 01:42:52 AM »

It wasn't Friday but we had to toast the Friday Beer thread adn s00s with a couple of Negro Modelos. Mmmmm, mmmm, good.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #106 on: April 30, 2007, 10:13:57 PM »

Mmmmmmmm.......

Negra Modelos.

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #107 on: April 30, 2007, 11:53:15 PM »

iski,

Those are the ones.  Didn't help the game much, but sure helped the mood. :2vrolijk_21:

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #108 on: May 01, 2007, 01:48:22 AM »

well, DarkLord Day at Three Floyds Brewing Co, was KickA$$ as usual, they started selling their DarkLord Russian Imperial Stout at noon, we arrived at 11 only to find the entire parking lot already full and the line for beer purchase was already at the end of their 50 yrd. parking lot. once they opened the doors it took us about 2 1/2 hr. to get our 6 bottle allotment and since its cash only at $15 a bottle thats a pricey 6-pack. by the time we got out the line was a block down the street and all I could think was, you poor suffering bastards, by the time we left at 4:30 the line was two blocks long and I doubt that there would be many more sales since production was limited to 1600 cases.
The popularity of this beer has really grown, we had guys standing in line by us that were from toronto, they make it weekend event and somehow drive back on sunday. :o This is pretty much the Holy Grail of stouts, and with as many people waiting for endless hours, desperation starts to set in, I was offered $50 a bottle from one of these desperadoes, so I walked away with a 4-pack for free  :bananarock:  :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #109 on: May 01, 2007, 01:59:16 AM »

;) Sounds like a worthwhile destination.  Too bad it is not even kinda close to us.  Glad you had a good time, and smart thinking on the free four pak.  I'm wanting to taste this stout now.   :cherry: :huepfenjump3:

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #110 on: May 01, 2007, 07:19:31 AM »

iski,

Those are the ones.  Didn't help the game much, but sure helped the mood. :2vrolijk_21:

Rjob - And that is why when I get the urge to play golf, I go riding, or drink beer, & on the best days - both.   ;D

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #111 on: May 01, 2007, 07:25:49 AM »

well, DarkLord Day at Three Floyds Brewing Co, was KickA$$ as usual, they started selling their DarkLord Russian Imperial Stout at noon, we arrived at 11 only to find the entire parking lot already full and the line for beer purchase was already at the end of their 50 yrd. parking lot. once they opened the doors it took us about 2 1/2 hr. to get our 6 bottle allotment and since its cash only at $15 a bottle thats a pricey 6-pack. by the time we got out the line was a block down the street and all I could think was, you poor suffering bastards, by the time we left at 4:30 the line was two blocks long and I doubt that there would be many more sales since production was limited to 1600 cases.
The popularity of this beer has really grown, we had guys standing in line by us that were from toronto, they make it weekend event and somehow drive back on sunday. :o This is pretty much the Holy Grail of stouts, and with as many people waiting for endless hours, desperation starts to set in, I was offered $50 a bottle from one of these desperadoes, so I walked away with a 4-pack for free  :bananarock:  :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

This Stout must be extremely good - $15 a bottle!   :drink:  Plus people waiting in line for hours to buy a 6 pack - for $90.  :bananarock: And the resale value is $50 a bottle. :pepper: :bananarock: :jalapeno:

Eagle - Would you describe the taste of this brew?

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #112 on: May 01, 2007, 09:18:31 PM »

This Stout must be extremely good - $15 a bottle!   :drink:  Plus people waiting in line for hours to buy a 6 pack - for $90.  :bananarock: And the resale value is $50 a bottle. :pepper: :bananarock: :jalapeno:

Eagle - Would you describe the taste of this brew?

A Demonic Imperial Russian stout brewed with INTELLIGENTSIA coffee,vanilla, and molasses.
Pours pitch black with a tiny bit of rusty bubbles that soon form a circle and disappear forever. In the glass it is dark black with a deep red color around the edges. As I drink the beer it stains the glass brown and stays that way. Very cool looking. The aroma improves as it warms up, peaking close to room temperature. Very roasty and chocolatey at first. After awhile there is some alcohol underneath but it is not unpleasant or overpowering in any way. This has the best mouthfeel of any beer I’ve ever had. Extremely thick, creamy, and chewy. The chocolate and roastiness come through in the flavor in a big way with some bitter coffee, chocolate covered cherries, and some hops buried in there somewhere. Truly one of the greatest brews made. I felt different after only consuming 2 ½ pints of this potion, different like I was possessed. The wife said that she was either going to call a priest for a exorcism or take me straight to church because of the look on my face. It was an experience all its own. I wont open another bottle for at least a year, I can't wait to see how this ages.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #113 on: May 01, 2007, 09:24:16 PM »

A Demonic Imperial Russian stout brewed with INTELLIGENTSIA coffee,vanilla, and molasses.
Pours pitch black with a tiny bit of rusty bubbles that soon form a circle and disappear forever. In the glass it is dark black with a deep red color around the edges. As I drink the beer it stains the glass brown and stays that way. Very cool looking. The aroma improves as it warms up, peaking close to room temperature. Very roasty and chocolatey at first. After awhile there is some alcohol underneath but it is not unpleasant or overpowering in any way. This has the best mouthfeel of any beer I’ve ever had. Extremely thick, creamy, and chewy. The chocolate and roastiness come through in the flavor in a big way with some bitter coffee, chocolate covered cherries, and some hops buried in there somewhere. Truly one of the greatest brews made. I felt different after only consuming 2 ½ pints of this potion, different like I was possessed. The wife said that she was either going to call a priest for a exorcism or take me straight to church because of the look on my face. It was an experience all its own. I wont open another bottle for at least a year, I can't wait to see how this ages.

Thanks.  I shall consume this stout some day.  It should be even better with some age.

I'll be looking for a stout this weekend, no doubt.

Tros

« Reply #114 on: May 01, 2007, 09:34:54 PM »

Pours pitch black with a tiny bit of rusty bubbles that soon form a circle and disappear forever. In the glass it is dark black with a deep red color around the edges. As I drink the beer it stains the glass brown and stays that way. Very cool looking. The aroma improves as it warms up, peaking close to room temperature. Very roasty and chocolaty at first. After awhile there is some alcohol underneath but it is not unpleasant or overpowering in any way. This has the best mouthfeel of any beer I’ve ever had. Extremely thick, creamy, and chewy. The chocolate and roastiness come through in the flavor in a big way with some bitter coffee, chocolate covered cherries, and some hops buried in there somewhere. Truly one of the greatest brews made. I felt different after only consuming 2 ½ pints of this potion, different like I was possessed. The wife said that she was either going to call a priest for a exorcism or take me straight to church because of the look on my face. It was an experience all its own. I wont open another bottle for at least a year, I can't wait to see how this ages.

I can see why it's worth waiting 2 1/2 hours in for.   :2vrolijk_21:   I wonder how many bottles will be on Ebay?

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #115 on: May 01, 2007, 09:44:30 PM »

I can see why it's worth waiting 2 1/2 hours in for.   :2vrolijk_21:   I wonder how many bottles will be on Ebay?

I was thinkin the same thing, I did a search but came up dry, do they allow sales of alcohol, all I know is it was painfull giving up two bottles but the thought of still having 4 and walking away with a sawbuck too boot helped ease the pain  ;D and there is always next year as well  :bananarock: they will be serving it at the micro until it runs out, and then you wont see it again til this time next year.  :drink:

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #116 on: May 01, 2007, 09:48:30 PM »

My youngest (23) went to BevMo (local beer/wine specialty store) last evening and came back with a bunch of different beers. Some of em strange and some weird and a couple actually pretty good. ( yeah 0430 came real tough this morning ) Between that and this thread, I've decided to host a beer tasting party when I finish the patio canopy I've been humpin away on for the past three weekends.

B B

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #117 on: May 02, 2007, 12:41:41 AM »

... I've decided to host a beer tasting party when I finish the patio canopy I've been humpin away on for the past three weekends.

My only wish is that I lived close enough to help you plan, stage and execute the party, meet some of your friends and family and be there for the clean up too.

Sure hope it is a party enjoyed by all and that everyone appreciates all the pains of your labours.   :huepfenjump3: :bananarock: :cherry:

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #118 on: May 02, 2007, 11:20:43 AM »

Here's a link to find beer when traveling.

http://www.beertravelers.com/

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #119 on: May 07, 2007, 01:12:07 AM »

Kegged 10ga. of the pale Ale today, took a sneak taste before carbonation, real smooth, crisp clean pale.  i'm dry hopping with a mixture of Simcoe & Amarillo, gives it this citrus-floral hop character, very similar to cascade but no bitter bite at the end. trust me you cant just have one.  :alcohol: :alcohol: :alcohol:  I just push it from the carboy to the keg with a little CO2, pressurize it for three days, let it sit a week (yea right) and DRINK :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 298

Page created in 0.262 seconds with 22 queries.