Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 298

Author Topic: Friday Beer Thread  (Read 719842 times)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: Friday Beer Thread
« Reply #150 on: May 18, 2007, 09:09:40 AM »

Beags and I tried this once. For some reason, people drink beer from a keg three times as fast as beer from bottles or cans. We bought a keg for a party. Full keg. Sucker was gone in under 4 hours. Same amount in bottles etc we always have leftover parties the day after.

Noticed the same thing.  People stand around the keg and drink until its gone.  Put out bottles/cans and people don't drink near as much.  Around here Bud (usually Light) is the keg beer of choice.  Back home it was Millers.  After a few brews, it doesn't seem to matter to most. The ones that are picky usually bring their own anyway.

Good way to spend those insurance bucks BB. 

Damn impressive list Eagle posted.  Most eclectic list I have ever seen.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #151 on: May 18, 2007, 10:06:01 AM »

This is as good a place as any to post this considering my plans for the $$$  

The entire time I was in rehab for my knee replacement, the rehab center secretary would not believe my General Dynamics Corporate PPO Health Insurance had $0 co-pay. Since my leg had been cut in half and put back together with a couple of pounds of surgical grade stainless steel, I wasn't in the mood to argue ( too stoned on Percocet as some of you may recall) S'anyway, 3 times a week for 8 weeks I paid the *&((*^&*()( $25. When my health insurance provider paid the bill, no record of the co-pays on the bill from the rehab center. I kept calling and telling them I wanted my money back to no avail. Finally two weeks ago I'd had enough. I called and said I was turning the entire matter over to the Ombudsman for San Diego County in charge of ethics issues at all of the county's hospitals. Got a call from the rehab's head honcho " oh please don't do that, we are in process of refunding your money as we speak "  Got a check today for $582.16 The owed me $600 but deducted some odd change from a recent bill they said I owed a $17.84 co-pay on. (Here we go again) Anyway, pennies from heaven as the saying goes so it's going into my Memorial Day Pool Party / Beer tasting festival. So I'm open to suggestions for unique and heretofore untasted beers.

B B

thats enough $$ to get you to Hoist's next weekend for a tasting of "Naitram's Imperial Red"
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #152 on: May 18, 2007, 10:06:54 AM »

Fly to Hoist's for his Memorial Day cookout?  Any Beer with Howie is UNIQUE!

This is as good a place as any to post this considering my plans for the $$$  

The entire time I was in rehab for my knee replacement, the rehab center secretary would not believe my General Dynamics Corporate PPO Health Insurance had $0 co-pay. Since my leg had been cut in half and put back together with a couple of pounds of surgical grade stainless steel, I wasn't in the mood to argue ( too stoned on Percocet as some of you may recall) S'anyway, 3 times a week for 8 weeks I paid the *&((*^&*()( $25. When my health insurance provider paid the bill, no record of the co-pays on the bill from the rehab center. I kept calling and telling them I wanted my money back to no avail. Finally two weeks ago I'd had enough. I called and said I was turning the entire matter over to the Ombudsman for San Diego County in charge of ethics issues at all of the county's hospitals. Got a call from the rehab's head honcho " oh please don't do that, we are in process of refunding your money as we speak "  Got a check today for $582.16 The owed me $600 but deducted some odd change from a recent bill they said I owed a $17.84 co-pay on. (Here we go again) Anyway, pennies from heaven as the saying goes so it's going into my Memorial Day Pool Party / Beer tasting festival. So I'm open to suggestions for unique and heretofore untasted beers.

B B
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 11:52:16 AM by WFP »
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #153 on: May 18, 2007, 10:45:18 AM »

Fly to Hoist's for his Memorial Day cookout?

Works for me, I second the motion :2vrolijk_21:  $294.79

Sunday, May 27, 2007 Leave 
Delta Air Lines 98  Economy Boeing 757 Breakfast 5hr 19min 2432 miles 
Depart:  7:15am morning San Diego, CA
 San Diego Lindberg Fld S.Diego (SAN)  Non-stop 
Arrive: 3:34pm afternoon New York, NY
 New York John F Kennedy Intl (JFK) 

Tuesday, May 29, 2007 Return 
American Airlines 265  Economy 80% on time Boeing 757 Food for purchase 5hr 50min 2432 miles 
Depart:  11:20am
morning New York, NY
 New York John F Kennedy Intl (JFK)  Non-stop 
Arrive: 2:10pm
afternoon San Diego, CA
 San Diego Lindberg Fld S.Diego (SAN) 
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 10:52:14 AM by Rjob749 »

harley01

« Reply #154 on: May 18, 2007, 01:59:51 PM »

Hey FiredOOd (and other Virginians) Starr Hill (based in Charlottesville) makes a very smooth amber ale. I have not been able to find it in bottles here lately, but I did find it on tap up the road.
2003 Heritage Springer | Gunmetal | Stage 1

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #155 on: May 18, 2007, 02:07:35 PM »

Hey FiredOOd (and other Virginians) Starr Hill (based in Charlottesville) makes a very smooth amber ale. I have not been able to find it in bottles here lately, but I did find it on tap up the road.
I've been there before. Don't think I ever tried any of there beers though. :-[ Sounds like a reason to get a ride together. :2vrolijk_21: There is a couple of great places near there to get a great burger that will send your cholesterol into the ozone. ;D U.Va has finished for the year, and after this weekend (graduation) traffic will be minimal around that part of the city.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #156 on: May 18, 2007, 04:03:27 PM »

OK It's Friday Lets go drink some beer.

I'm calling Beags and heading to Patrick's Irish Pub

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

B B

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #157 on: May 18, 2007, 04:07:40 PM »

I'm a Stella Artois man nyself althogh I enjoyed Tusker beer in Kenya, Haro in Noethern Ireland (Guiness is fowl) and Red Stripe in the Carrabean - Oh lovely, the drink that makes ugly women beautiful :orange:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #158 on: May 18, 2007, 04:11:20 PM »

OK It's Friday Lets go drink some beer.

I'm calling Beags and heading to Patrick's Irish Pub

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

B B
It's already "Beer O'Clock" on the east coast. :2vrolijk_21: Added some bling to bike today and it's impossible to work on bike and not have a :drink: after the job is done to admire your accomplishments.

Have a good time at the pub. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #159 on: May 18, 2007, 04:13:59 PM »

And the same to you...I was hoping to ive my commuter bike a quick oil change tomorrow but it's Cup Final day so a few more bevvies to be sunk in anticipation Man Utd get sunk

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #160 on: May 18, 2007, 04:26:26 PM »

Beer thirty here in about 5 minutes.

Got a little bike work myself & a beer or 2 afterwards is just what is needed to cap off this Friday.

Happy Friday all!

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #161 on: May 18, 2007, 04:29:11 PM »

I'm a Stella Artois man nyself althogh I enjoyed Tusker beer in Kenya, Haro in Noethern Ireland (Guiness is fowl) and Red Stripe in the Carrabean - Oh lovely, the drink that makes ugly women beautiful :orange:

I thought that was Samual Jackson Beer (Dave C) It'll get ya Drunk!! You'll  be ***K'in Fat Girls before ya know it  ;D

Man I love Beer without it the world wouldn't be so over crowded  :drink: :huepfenlol2:

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #162 on: May 20, 2007, 09:46:51 PM »

Just about last call, gota work in the a.m.  :(

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #163 on: May 21, 2007, 12:18:40 AM »

Damn impressive list Eagle posted.  Most eclectic list I have ever seen.

Life's too short to step beneath the top 100, and theres no need to, there is enough  in that list to satisfy all tastes.  :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #164 on: May 21, 2007, 09:05:43 AM »

Life's too short to step beneath the top 100, and theres no need to, there is enough  in that list to satisfy all tastes.  :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

One of the deeper questions of life to ponder - never drink beneath the top 100 and forgo drinking beer, due to their unavailability in some (most all around here) venues, or consume beer not on the list?

Pondering......

Still pondering........

Give me just another minute, dammit.................

I have concluded I am much too pedestrian in my beer drinking taste to never go below a top list for my beer consumption.  On a side note I have vowed to NEVER drink Pearl Light again because there is no point to it as best I can tell.

Hmmmm...........

Worst beers?

Anybody care to list beers they have tried and not liked, hated, detested, spit out, etc.?

Pearl Light is a waste of otherwise good water, IMHO.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 298

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 22 queries.