Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 298

Author Topic: Friday Beer Thread  (Read 729387 times)

SPIDERMAN

Re: Friday Beer Thread
« Reply #180 on: May 23, 2007, 09:47:48 PM »

Stockin up the fridge under the patio canopy ( any one counting how many threads I've worked that into? )  with primo beer for the big beer tasting extravaganza on Sunday. Come home today and one of my Fat Tires is gone. What the ???????
Usually it's the gardener and I know cause he leaves the bottle on one of the tables. No bottle. My son of a bitch wierd ass neighbor sneaks over in the middle of the night and steals my beer every now and then when his wife won't give him the car keys or buy him more. I gonna set a trap for the snivelin, theivin rat

B B

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #181 on: May 23, 2007, 09:49:52 PM »

:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #182 on: May 23, 2007, 09:50:36 PM »

Freakin Awesome Neal, where do I get one ?

B B

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #183 on: May 23, 2007, 09:52:26 PM »

i think thats a self-fabrication job
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #184 on: May 23, 2007, 11:05:42 PM »

i think thats a self-fabrication job

Oh well, another good idea gone. I'd drink all the beer in the fridge in the process of building the damn thing then there wouldn't be any need. Weird how the neighbor knows when I've stocked up. I gotta catch him at it somehow.

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #185 on: May 23, 2007, 11:15:35 PM »

If you want a great alterate to Blue Moon try Hoegarten, it is much more complex in flavor, a nice head with staying power, and best of all it is not bitter like blue moon.Oh, and did I mention you don't need the girly orange slice to go with it.

I would have to agree, coors blue moon is the weakest example of this beer style, in addition to Hoegaarden Wit, you can also try, Vuuve 5, Blanche de Bruges, Blanche de Bruxelles, Brugs Tarwebier, Sterkens White Ale, Celis White (now made in Michigan), Blanche de Brooklyn, Great Lakes Holy Moses, Unibroue Blanche de Chambly.

There’s one significant flavor of this style, and that’s tartness or sourness. The fashion for very sour white beers has passed, and neither customers nor judges are likely to welcome its return, but a little sourness agreeably dries the flavor and seems to boost the contribution of the orange and the hops.

Traditionally, of course, the sourness came from a lactobacillus infection of some sort (old stale yack piss). At least one producer today inoculates the beer with a lactobacillus culture after primary fermentation, then pasteurizes to arrest its action when the desired degree of sourness is reached. Without this, it would continue to sour, with unpredictable results. Many commercial brewers are appalled at the idea of deliberately introducing a lactic culture into their brewing environment; such cultures have a way of being easier to introduce than to get rid of.

for me, it is this infection and the introduction of spices (especially orange & coriander) which lead to my conflict with this style
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 11:41:58 PM by EAGLE1 »
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #186 on: May 24, 2007, 01:01:51 AM »

If you want a great alterate to Blue Moon try Hoegarten, it is much more complex in flavor, a nice head with staying power, and best of all it is not bitter like blue moon.Oh, and did I mention you don't need the girly orange slice to go with it.
Hoegarden isn't bad but it's not my taste, I prefer Leffe blonde at 6%alc, I have tried the brune (8%) but I kept falling over, I must have been on a hill or something........ :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:
Cheers guys

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #187 on: May 24, 2007, 08:23:32 AM »

EAGLE1,

It's what I love about this site so much, I learn more than just bikes. I couldn't have read a better post about white ales if I were to read posts on a dozen Brew sites. Believe me, besides OCD, brew is becoming my second hobby.

SOKOOL

I still think that IPA is king...love them hops!!!

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #188 on: May 24, 2007, 08:26:37 AM »

Hoergarten is very good.

On the subject of orange slices, lime slices, lemon slices, etc. in beer  :nixweiss: :

WTF!!?? 

I toss them all aside. No orange/lime/lemon squeezings in my beer, dammit.  If I wanted to drink lime juice or orange juice, I would have ordered lime juice or orange juice.  Sheese. Might as well float ice cubes in the damn glass of tap as far as I am concerned.  Fruitcake fruit marketers screwing up measly tasting beers sometimes, with exceptions.  I see lime slices in lots of good Mexican beers and have no clue why anybody wants that in their beer.  I quit drinking Corona many years ago - that might be the exception due to the yuck factor.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #189 on: May 24, 2007, 08:28:10 AM »

I would have to agree, coors blue moon is the weakest example of this beer style, in addition to Hoegaarden Wit, you can also try, Vuuve 5, Blanche de Bruges, Blanche de Bruxelles, Brugs Tarwebier, Sterkens White Ale, Celis White (now made in Michigan), Blanche de Brooklyn, Great Lakes Holy Moses, Unibroue Blanche de Chambly.

There’s one significant flavor of this style, and that’s tartness or sourness. The fashion for very sour white beers has passed, and neither customers nor judges are likely to welcome its return, but a little sourness agreeably dries the flavor and seems to boost the contribution of the orange and the hops.

Traditionally, of course, the sourness came from a lactobacillus infection of some sort (old stale yack piss). At least one producer today inoculates the beer with a lactobacillus culture after primary fermentation, then pasteurizes to arrest its action when the desired degree of sourness is reached. Without this, it would continue to sour, with unpredictable results. Many commercial brewers are appalled at the idea of deliberately introducing a lactic culture into their brewing environment; such cultures have a way of being easier to introduce than to get rid of.

for me, it is this infection and the introduction of spices (especially orange & coriander) which lead to my conflict with this style

Excellent white Ale info.  Beer is more than a hobby for you, obviously.

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #190 on: May 24, 2007, 09:40:34 AM »

Excellent white Ale info.  Beer is more than a hobby for you, obviously.

iski, you obviously must have missed EAGLE1's posting on page two of this thread, the man has the home brew set up to die for...scroll to page tw and salivate.
Thanks EAGLE1.

SOKOOL

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #191 on: May 24, 2007, 09:50:47 AM »

iski, you obviously must have missed EAGLE1's posting on page two of this thread, the man has the home brew set up to die for...scroll to page tw and salivate.
Thanks EAGLE1.

SOKOOL

Sometimes my understatements are much too understated, SOKOOL.  EAGLE1 has the ultimate home brew set up and a knowledge of beers that only comes from years of quaffing multitudes of excellent varieties of the amber nectar of the gods.  His and others contributions to this thread are simply amazing.  Beer and bikes have always gone together for me from the very first.

One of my friends here has a home brew set up that is somewhat similar - a brew room in his home (not in the basement) & all the stainless equipment, etc. Around 100-150 gallons a year or so is what I recall as his production. I just drink the stuff & enjoy the efforts of the artisans of the craft. :drink:

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #192 on: May 25, 2007, 09:00:50 AM »

Hey iski, I sure wish I had the time and endless $$$ flow to get to that level of nectar making. Onc I deplete this endless list for the scoot I may go there. But for now it's...

Cam
Traxxion
STR8
TMAT
Pipes
and...

Not necessarily in that order.
But till then, I'll settle for my brew by the case.

SOKOOL

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #193 on: May 25, 2007, 02:28:09 PM »

Sometimes my understatements are much too understated, SOKOOL.  EAGLE1 has the ultimate home brew set up and a knowledge of beers that only comes from years of quaffing multitudes of excellent varieties of the amber nectar of the gods.  His and others contributions to this thread are simply amazing.  Beer and bikes have always gone together for me from the very first.

One of my friends here has a home brew set up that is somewhat similar - a brew room in his home (not in the basement) & all the stainless equipment, etc. Around 100-150 gallons a year or so is what I recall as his production. I just drink the stuff & enjoy the efforts of the artisans of the craft. :drink:

Thanks Guys, and you are right I have quaffed multitudes of the amber nectar, it's the only way to learn about the stuff, (tough job isn't it) ;) there will always be some you don't like, but it's still interesting to find out how a particular style is formulated. I have been going to "The Great Taste of the Midwest"  for the last 12 yrs. straight, Festival goers have a chance to sample over 400 different beers from 100 different breweries and brewpubs from nine states. The Great Taste is the second longest running craft beer festival in North America, second in longevity only to the Great American Beer Festival. A huge Brewmaster at the event one year was wearing a shirt that said NEVER TRUST A SKINNY BREWER  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: funny but true, I thought, with a gut like that he has to know what he's FRICKIN doing.  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Well It is Beer Friday!!!!!!!!!!! and I have already started enjoying some of the 20 gal. of beer that I brewed for this Holiday Weekend, we are having my daughter's 9th Birthday party tommorrow, and I hope there is some left for the (adult) guests.  :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:  :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Have A Fun & Safe Holiday Weekend my Beer Drinkin Bro's  :2vrolijk_21:

EAGLE1
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 02:34:10 PM by EAGLE1 »
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #194 on: May 26, 2007, 08:39:10 PM »

Tomorrow's the big day. Spiderman's Annual Memorial Day Pool Season Opener and 1st Annual Beer Tasting Party. From what I'm hearing we're gonna have some brands that run close to $10 a bottle. With the folks that are invited this promises to be an extravaganza of liquid proportions. Maybe Beagle will take some pics and post em on Monday. I'll try to get a run down of what we had for beer.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 298

Page created in 0.249 seconds with 22 queries.