Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 298

Author Topic: Friday Beer Thread  (Read 729763 times)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
Re: Friday Beer Thread
« Reply #270 on: June 25, 2007, 09:19:17 PM »

There is a chain of stores in Ontario called The Beer Store.  Bet its one of them.

We’re in your neighbourhood with 441 retail locations, 120 Retail Partners and 150 Empty Bottle Dealers across the province to serve you better.
http://www.thebeerstore.ca/OurStores/Store_finder.asp

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
« Reply #271 on: June 25, 2007, 10:19:13 PM »

It would be nice to have one of those stores here, in Fayettenam. I guess Bob's will do.

Hey EAGLE1, what brew you currently cooking up?

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #272 on: June 25, 2007, 10:55:32 PM »

It would be nice to have one of those stores here, in Fayettenam. I guess Bob's will do.

Hey EAGLE1, what brew you currently cooking up?

my favorite summer drinkin beer, Hefe-Weizen, working on the the second of 3, 10 gal batches using the same yeast strain, each time I repitch the yeast the beer gets better, by the last batch the Banana and clove esters have peaked and the flavor is as good or better than any German offering, last year my Hefe took 1st place out of 9 other entries and 25 of the 29 votes.  :bananarock: :bananarock:
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #273 on: June 26, 2007, 07:42:36 AM »

Mmmmmmmmm....... Hefeweizen.

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #274 on: June 26, 2007, 08:50:45 AM »

Hey Eagle, you ever brew any Dunkel Weizen? I really like it, a little darker that Hefe Weizen. I brewed many batches, took a second in a local contest once.  Not to many comercial examples available.
Went to a Brewfest in the next town north of me last weekend, several good Hefe Weizens there. They also had a good pale ale called Man Beer!!!

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #275 on: June 26, 2007, 01:41:52 PM »

Hey Eagle, you ever brew any Dunkel Weizen? I really like it, a little darker that Hefe Weizen. I brewed many batches, took a second in a local contest once.  Not to many comercial examples available.
Went to a Brewfest in the next town north of me last weekend, several good Hefe Weizens there. They also had a good pale ale called Man Beer!!!

Yep, the recipe is quite simple, I still use 60% white wheat for the majority of my grain bill, and instead of the remaining 40% being two-row, I add 25% of a mixture of Munich, 40lb Chrystal, chocolate, and Special B grains, I also ramp up the temp on last step in the 5 step mash that I use for this paticular style, it helps favor the Beta enzymes which gives the beer a heavier bodied flavor and mouth feel.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #276 on: June 26, 2007, 02:14:12 PM »

Yep, the recipe is quite simple, I still use 60% white wheat for the majority of my grain bill, and instead of the remaining 40% being two-row, I add 25% of a mixture of Munich, 40lb Chrystal, chocolate, and Special B grains, I also ramp up the temp on last step in the 5 step mash that I use for this paticular style, it helps favor the Beta enzymes which gives the beer a heavier bodied flavor and mouth feel.

Man EAGLE, you sure are an expert at this! You must make some killer brews! You've got the CVO of Home Brewing going on! :2vrolijk_21: Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 11:32:29 PM by Hoist »
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #277 on: June 26, 2007, 02:55:06 PM »

Yea, your brew system is the nicest I've seen, better than the ones I seen people buy, let alone make yourself. Not that you need a expensive system to make good beer, but I like things that are done right and well thought out!
Do you belong to a club?

Talon

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #278 on: June 26, 2007, 04:05:11 PM »

For you guys interested in home brew, here's a good online magazine on brewing, link below.

http://www.byo.com/

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #279 on: June 26, 2007, 11:24:33 PM »

Man EAGLE, you sure are an expert at this! You must make some killer brews! You've got the CVO of Home Brewing going on! :2vrolijk_21: Hoist! 8)

Yea, your brew system is the nicest I've seen, better than the ones I seen people buy, let alone make yourself. Not that you need a expensive system to make good beer, but I like things that are done right and well thought out!
Do you belong to a club?

Thanks guys, I appreciate all the compliments, when I decided to go all-grain I looked at a few systems but none really had what I was looking for, and many had thing which I knew would cause problems in the long haul, (like hard piping the keg) so I decided to build my own and after several years in operation I couldn't be happier.

yes, I belong to several and I have had the pleasure to have met some of the worlds most famous beer Geeks such as Charlie Papazian, Micheal Jackson, and Ray Daniels.

http://www.forestcitybrewers.org/

www.statelinebrewingsociety.com

American Homebrewers Association
http://www.beertown.org/homebrewing/membership.html
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 12:17:11 AM by EAGLE1 »

Talon

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #280 on: June 27, 2007, 02:11:44 PM »

I worked at the Great American Brewfest in Denver a few years ago. Worked the Home Brew Association booth with Charlie Papazian, talked to Micheal Jackson for a few minutes, he's a little weird! It was a great time 1500 beers!! Our brew club, the Weiz Guys, and another brew club rented a local bus that does brewery tours, Foam On The Range, we had two kegs and snacks on the bus there and back.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 02:14:30 PM by Talon »

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #281 on: June 27, 2007, 07:03:14 PM »

I worked at the Great American Brewfest in Denver a few years ago. Worked the Home Brew Association booth with Charlie Papazian, talked to Micheal Jackson for a few minutes, he's a little weird! It was a great time 1500 beers!! Our brew club, the Weiz Guys, and another brew club rented a local bus that does brewery tours, Foam On The Range, we had two kegs and snacks on the bus there and back.

Very cool Talon,  in 2003 they held the AHA National Hombrewers Conference in Chicago. did your club come out this way, I never went to the National Hombrewers Conference before and it was a blast, Thursday night Club Night was unreal, all the clubs from around the nation all in one room serving beer and food galore, it was the best homebrewing event I ever attended and I never got so trashed in my life. this years conference just finished last weekend in Denver, next year its in Ohio so I may try to attend.

here is a pic from the event

« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 07:11:02 PM by EAGLE1 »

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #282 on: June 27, 2007, 07:48:20 PM »

papazian on the right with a friend of mine

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #283 on: June 27, 2007, 07:50:43 PM »

Michael Jackson on the left

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #284 on: June 27, 2007, 07:57:55 PM »

and the grand poohba, Randy Mosher
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 298

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 22 queries.