Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 298

Author Topic: Friday Beer Thread  (Read 730766 times)

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHRSE3
Re: Friday Beer Thread
« Reply #300 on: July 06, 2007, 11:32:29 PM »

Hey SOKOOLJ, you got your name on the list for one of these?   :nixweiss:har!  spyder
Ever since I heard they were coming! You know me, I love'em. Besides, my bride says she won't ride in a side car, and her opinion does matter...I need someone to carry me home at times.

REGGAB

« Reply #301 on: July 13, 2007, 05:57:54 PM »

Got everything done that needed to be done this week and then some.  I wish every week could be as professionally rewarding as this week has been.  So, we called it a week about 1pmCST today and headed to Manhattan, KS to a little place called Old Chicago.  There are some 110 varieties of beer in that place...........and some damn good grub too.  You guys know I'm partial to Yuengling.  We brought two and a half cases out here with us.  That was gone 3 days ago.  Next favorite is Bass Ale.  So I ordered one of those with a Calzone for lunch.  One of the guys ordered a Stella, and asked for a sample of Strongbow Hard Cider.  Of course, the rest of us followed suit.  Talk about some good brew.  So, if you can get it, try some Strongbow Hard Cider.  It is a product out of England.  Very good stuff!

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #302 on: July 13, 2007, 06:18:08 PM »

Got everything done that needed to be done this week and then some.  I wish every week could be as professionally rewarding as this week has been.  So, we called it a week about 1pmCST today and headed to Manhattan, KS to a little place called Old Chicago.  There are some 110 varieties of beer in that place...........and some damn good grub too.  You guys know I'm partial to Yuengling.  We brought two and a half cases out here with us.  That was gone 3 days ago.  Next favorite is Bass Ale.  So I ordered one of those with a Calzone for lunch.  One of the guys ordered a Stella, and asked for a sample of Strongbow Hard Cider.  Of course, the rest of us followed suit.  Talk about some good brew.  So, if you can get it, try some Strongbow Hard Cider.  It is a product out of England.  Very good stuff!

Have a cold one for me too brother. It has been quite a long week, here. I had back surgery on tuesday, minor complications involved, so I didn't get discharged until today. Wife drove me back home from Walter Reed, talk about a long 6 hour ride. The pain meds didn't help much at all. But, now that I am home catching up on all that I have missed since sunday...'08 models, etc., I am feeling better all ready.Except for my disapointment with the MOCO, I expected to see a SESG. Well, no rant's here, enjoy your trip this weekend brother.

REGGAB

« Reply #303 on: July 13, 2007, 06:41:45 PM »

Have a cold one for me too brother. It has been quite a long week, here. I had back surgery on tuesday, minor complications involved, so I didn't get discharged until today. Wife drove me back home from Walter Reed, talk about a long 6 hour ride. The pain meds didn't help much at all. But, now that I am home catching up on all that I have missed since sunday...'08 models, etc., I am feeling better all ready.Except for my disapointment with the MOCO, I expected to see a SESG. Well, no rant's here, enjoy your trip this weekend brother.

Hey Bro, you know the MDs always tell you not to drink beer and take pain meds.  I know when I got fugged up and had surgery, the beer made the pain meds kick in quicker.  So grab a beer!  :2vrolijk_21:  Rest easy, Bro, and get back out on your scooter as quick as you're able.
Like you, I'm bummed with the MOCO.  I decided last year that I'd bought my last new HD.  I'll get another one, but it won't be new.  I'm not likin' all this new chit.

Can't wait to get going.  Gonna be hot tomorrow and the next day...........but I have Freedom Wings now.

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #304 on: July 13, 2007, 08:09:36 PM »

yea, we have one here as well, I have done 3 world tours already, my plaques are on the wall  :2vrolijk_21:
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

REGGAB

« Reply #305 on: July 13, 2007, 08:17:07 PM »

yea, we have one here as well, I have done 3 world tours already, my plaques are on the wall  :2vrolijk_21:

Good on ya, Bro.  I like beer for the taste.  Too much, and I WILL  :puke: !  I'll leave the plaque earning to those who can hold their beer better than I.

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #306 on: July 13, 2007, 09:43:46 PM »

Hey Bro, you know the MDs always tell you not to drink beer and take pain meds.  I know when I got fugged up and had surgery, the beer made the pain meds kick in quicker.  So grab a beer!  :2vrolijk_21:  Rest easy, Bro, and get back out on your scooter as quick as you're able.
Like you, I'm bummed with the MOCO.  I decided last year that I'd bought my last new HD.  I'll get another one, but it won't be new.  I'm not likin' all this new chit.

Can't wait to get going.  Gonna be hot tomorrow and the next day...........but I have Freedom Wings now.
Thanks, only a couple sips+the meds, did the job...great nap this afternoon. Just trying to play catch up here on the site...just sooooooooooooo much info to pass up. Know what I mean?

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #307 on: July 15, 2007, 05:11:13 PM »

Hey SOKOOLJ, sorry to hear about your opn. complications.....hope your mending goes well and quick.  :2vrolijk_21: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #308 on: July 15, 2007, 05:49:07 PM »

Hey SOKOOLJ, sorry to hear about your opn. complications.....hope your mending goes well and quick.  :2vrolijk_21: spyder

Thanks, spyder. It is killing me being laid up, but atleast I can surf this site as much as I want, without the bride kicking me in the fourth point of contact. It is amazing how much can be missed here in a week. And the info is endless. This site is, in and of it's self, therapy. LOL 
I did embarass myself earlier by refering to twolaner as dOOd, though. Oh well, I'll blame the pain meds and IPA. Anyway, thanks again.  No riding today?

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #309 on: July 15, 2007, 06:51:43 PM »

I did embarass myself earlier by refering to twolaner as dOOd, though. Oh well, I'll blame the pain meds and IPA. Anyway, thanks again.  No riding today?
Don't worry 'bout those 2, they're not only 'used to it', but rather forgiving types also.  Har!  I've been riding the Blue Ridge Mtns. for the past few days....just got in and trying to catch up on the new posts.....They had a guy go off the 'Deals Gap dragon' while I was out there.....fell 80 feet to his death.  Not sure, but I think he had ridden down from Mich.  We had a great ride, nice and cool up on the 'parkway'.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

SOKOOLJ

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #310 on: July 15, 2007, 07:00:02 PM »

Don't worry 'bout those 2, they're not only 'used to it', but rather forgiving types also.  Har!  I've been riding the Blue Ridge Mtns. for the past few days....just got in and trying to catch up on the new posts.....They had a guy go off the 'Deals Gap dragon' while I was out there.....fell 80 feet to his death.  Not sure, but I think he had ridden down from Mich.  We had a great ride, nice and cool up on the 'parkway'.  spyder
Glad to hear you had a good time. Give us a report when you recover and get a minute. Too bad about the accident, hate to hear it.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #311 on: July 15, 2007, 07:04:50 PM »

I'll be headed down there in about 8 days. Going to do the "Dragon", spend the night in Fontana Village then headed to Ohio and visit the AMA Motorcycle Museum, and AMA Vintage Motorcycle Rally. If I have enough time thinking about visiting Wheels Thru Time Museum also. The "Dragon" and WTT Museum were things I didn't get a chance to see last year in MV because I had to leave on Friday.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #312 on: July 15, 2007, 08:04:59 PM »

Hey  D00d, the 'Dragon' is fun just because of what it is.....but, the Wheels Thru Time is a 'must see'.  Great collection of MC history.  And done by such a great guy too.  Just be careful on the Dragon 'cause there's some that aren't meeting you coming up or going down:2vrolijk_21: Har!  :drink: spyder

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #313 on: July 15, 2007, 08:10:50 PM »

Hey  D00d, the 'Dragon' is fun just because of what it is.....but, the Wheels Thru Time is a 'must see'.  Great collection of MC history.  And done by such a great guy too.  Just be careful on the Dragon 'cause there's some that aren't meeting you coming up or going down:2vrolijk_21: Har!  :drink: spyder

Already decided I'm going to stay to the right of the lane give all the fools that want to pass me from behind and those that want to pass headed the other direction plenty of room. I'm not trying to set a speed record on it, and don't want to be scraping up my chrome. ;D

I'll be riding w/a group and hopefully they will be interested in stopping/seeing WTT also. Timing is going to be the key element of that visit. Will be leaving from Winston-Salem that morning headed to "Dragon"/Fontana Village. Hopefully we will have enough time to do all that we have planned.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #314 on: July 16, 2007, 09:09:15 AM »

Already decided I'm going to stay to the right of the lane give all the fools that want to pass me from behind and those that want to pass headed the other direction plenty of room. I'm not trying to set a speed record on it, and don't want to be scraping up my chrome. ;D

I'll be riding w/a group and hopefully they will be interested in stopping/seeing WTT also. Timing is going to be the key element of that visit. Will be leaving from Winston-Salem that morning headed to "Dragon"/Fontana Village. Hopefully we will have enough time to do all that we have planned.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Hey d00d, hope you have a great trip.  WTT is a great place.

On Fontana Village - some of us stayed there a few years ago (2003 or 4) and the place was not in great shape - to put it mildly.  The cabins especially had an "aroma" about them.  Lodge - hotel part was under some major renovation and it needed it.

Would be interested in a report on Fontana Village on your return.  If you have not ridden to the Fontana Dam - the view is well worth the ride over. Restaurants at the Village were ok and we enjoyed the outdoor grill the best.

Have fun!

Mike
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 298

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 22 queries.