Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 298

Author Topic: Friday Beer Thread  (Read 729436 times)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: Friday Beer Thread
« Reply #420 on: November 02, 2007, 12:45:52 PM »

I've got a few Beck's Dark, Stella Artois, and Labatt Blue in the fridge from Halloween that won't see morning.....

I love the seafood ride!  We have nothing like that here.  There might be 2 restaurants within 100 miles that have fresh oysters and one of them is Hooters.   :pepper:

Beer killer!   :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Apalachicola, Florida is an old fishing town that has the oldest seafood festival around.   :2vrolijk_21:

In Chicago last week I ate some Prince Edward Island & Nova Scotia raw oysters that were very good.  Guess that's a long way north from ya. 
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #421 on: November 02, 2007, 12:47:05 PM »

Yup, I live down here in wellington, used to be a nice place.

Miker

Thought the name was familiar.

Used to be?  Sounds like some of my favorite places back in Texas that "used to be nice".....

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #422 on: November 02, 2007, 12:55:49 PM »

The Jester got it's new tour pack and new LED idjit light assembly this week (neutral light working again - never had one go bad before) sooooooo.....

Decided to celebrate Happy Friday at beer thirty today a little differently than usual......

Riding to a seafood festival tomorrow where the raw oysters will be plentiful and the beer plentifuller (?).

Good choice of cold frosty's. :2vrolijk_21: I had them last weekend and still have a few in the fridge, and more then likely if I have to get more this weekend I'll get more of the same.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #423 on: December 01, 2007, 12:07:53 AM »

my Guinness! Its a crying shame :bigcry:

http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/1129/guinness.html
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #424 on: December 01, 2007, 06:46:28 AM »

my Guinness! Its a crying shame :bigcry:

http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/1129/guinness.html
It may be a shame, but I'd like to be friends with the guy who absonded with the pints.  I am rather fond of the darker brew and I am sure it would be fun to share. 

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #425 on: December 01, 2007, 09:29:28 AM »

Good choice of cold frosty's. :2vrolijk_21: I had them last weekend and still have a few in the fridge, and more then likely if I have to get more this weekend I'll get more of the same.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

This weekend its

again.  A good brew for the cold, wintry nights here in the Sunshine State.   ;D

Almost time to put the tree up, just a few more bottles to finish:

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #426 on: December 01, 2007, 09:39:46 AM »

BUD, BUD, BUD,BUD, BUD, BUD, BUDBUD,BUD,BUD,BUD,BUD,BUD,BUD,BUD,BUD,BUD,BUD,BUD,BUD,BUD,BUD,BUD,BUD,BUD,BUD,BUD,BUD,BUD,BUD,BUD,BUD,BUD,BUD,BUD,BUD,BUD,BUD,OH AND MORE BUD!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

:beerchug: BUD! We don't like that upstream beer (everything else).  Doc

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #427 on: December 01, 2007, 09:43:36 AM »

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #428 on: December 01, 2007, 11:23:17 AM »

It may be a shame, but I'd like to be friends with the guy who absonded with the pints.  I am rather fond of the darker brew and I am sure it would be fun to share. 

I could not associate with such thieves, I would rather turn them In for a 50 Keg reward!!  ::)

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #429 on: December 01, 2007, 11:28:24 AM »

You poor misguided unfortunate soul, Life is way too short to drink swill

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #430 on: December 01, 2007, 11:40:01 AM »

This weekend its
Almost time to put the tree up, just a few more bottles to finish:

iski, I love it  Bro!!! :2vrolijk_21:
what a great way to get rid of all those green bottles that I dont use for homebrewing any more, I will have to be sneaky though, my ole lady will freak when she comes home to see I put up an artificial beer bottle tree  :o

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #431 on: December 01, 2007, 09:03:28 PM »

You poor misguided unfortunate soul, Life is way too short to drink swill

I know how you feel, really !!  It's an acquired taste , one you will appreciate more when your tasteBUDS mature. ;)   Doc
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 09:31:18 AM by grandpadoc »

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #432 on: December 01, 2007, 09:59:26 PM »

I know how you feel, really !!  It's an acquired taste , one you will appreciate more when your tasteBUDS mature. ;)   Doc

Greenpeace released the results of analyses showing the presence of an experimental genetically engineered (GE) strain of rice at an Anheuser-Busch operated mill in Arkansas that is used to brew Budweiser. An independent laboratory test, commissioned by Greenpeace, detected the presence of GE rice (Bayer LL601) in three out of four samples taken at the mill.

Bayer LL601 rice was the source of the 2006 contamination of at least 30 percent of rice stocks in the United States. The GE contamination had a massive negative economic impact on the U.S. rice industry as many countries subsequently stopped or significantly restricted the import of U.S. rice. 
“Anheuser-Busch must make a clear statement about the level of GE contamination of the rice used to brew Budweiser in the U.S. and spell out what measures are in place to ensure this beer does not reach the company’s export markets,” said Doreen Stabinsky, Greenpeace agriculture campaigner.

“U.S. beer drinkers need Anheuser-Busch to explain why it is not preventing use of this genetically engineered rice in the U.S. If, as the company has informed Greenpeace, all of the Budweiser exported from the U.S. or manufactured outside of the U.S. does not contain genetically engineered rice, then Anheuser-Busch needs to state this publicly, and explain the double standard,” added Stabinsky.

Greenpeace informed Anheuser-Busch of the test results prior to their release and sought clear information from the company on the extent of contamination and its global policy on the use of GE ingredients. Anheuser-Busch responded that the rice is approved for use in the U.S. and is not used in brewing Budweiser destined for export. The full extent of the contamination remains unclear.

The rice strain in question, Bayer LL601 rice, was retroactively granted approval by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) in an effort to reduce public concern and company liability, despite 15,000 public objections. The European Food Safety Authority, however, stated that there was insufficient data to make a finding of safety.  Greenpeace believes that U.S. consumers have a right to know if GE-contaminated rice is used to make Budweiser. Last Friday, the USDA released inconclusive results of a 14-month, 8,500 staff hour study into the contamination incident, providing little insight into how the contamination occurred, and showing no evidence that regulators or industry have any idea how to prevent future contamination scandals.

Anheuser-Busch is the largest single rice buyer in the US, buying six to ten percent of the annual U.S. rice crop, and is one of only a few beer producers that use rice as an ingredient. The brand is found in approximately 60 countries through a mix of exports and local brewing arrangements.

:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #433 on: December 01, 2007, 11:42:24 PM »

...see, they are the King. :crowngrin: Doc

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #434 on: December 02, 2007, 09:36:16 AM »

iski, I love it  Bro!!! :2vrolijk_21:
what a great way to get rid of all those green bottles that I dont use for homebrewing any more, I will have to be sneaky though, my ole lady will freak when she comes home to see I put up an artificial beer bottle tree  :o

I have considered doing a tree like this Eagle1 and so far the main thing preventing me has been the variety of house dogs that we have visiting from time to time. Our beagle likes to play & gets rambunctious with her guests, and the visions of me or my BSR sweeping up the inevitable piles of green glass are not exactly sugarplums a-dancing in my head.

Freakin' out the ole lady is good for them from time to time.  If you build one, post a pic.  Much respect for you homebrewers.  :2vrolijk_21:  I have a function to attend tomorrow night that will be at the home of an EXCELLENT homebrewer, & am really looking forward to trying what he has ready on hand.   :huepfenjump3:
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 298

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 22 queries.