Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 298

Author Topic: Friday Beer Thread  (Read 729437 times)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
Re: Friday Beer Thread
« Reply #435 on: December 02, 2007, 09:40:36 AM »

I have considered doing a tree like this Eagle1 and so far the main thing preventing me has been the variety of house dogs that we have visiting from time to time. Our beagle likes to play & gets rambunctious with her guests, and the visions of me or my BSR sweeping up the inevitable piles of green glass are not exactly sugarplums a-dancing in my head.

Freakin' out the ole lady is good for them from time to time.  If you build one, post a pic.  Much respect for you homebrewers.  :2vrolijk_21:  I have a function to attend tomorrow night that will be at the home of an EXCELLENT homebrewer, & am really looking forward to trying what he has ready on hand.   :huepfenjump3:

iski, I'm sure you snap your fingers and your BSR would jump right up to clean up the mess!
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #436 on: December 02, 2007, 11:53:06 AM »

I have considered doing a tree like this Eagle1 and so far the main thing preventing me has been the variety of house dogs that we have visiting from time to time. Our beagle likes to play & gets rambunctious with her guests, and the visions of me or my BSR sweeping up the inevitable piles of green glass are not exactly sugarplums a-dancing in my head.

Freakin' out the ole lady is good for them from time to time.  If you build one, post a pic.  Much respect for you homebrewers.  :2vrolijk_21:  I have a function to attend tomorrow night that will be at the home of an EXCELLENT homebrewer, & am really looking forward to trying what he has ready on hand.   :huepfenjump3:

oh man, I would not even consider it if I had pets around, luckily I have been allergic to fur all my life, and so far its been a good enough excuse to keep my wife and daughter at bay, but now they started talkin about some Hairless critters that are Hypoallergenic, got me real nervous but I played it cool and just laughed hysterically, when they continued to push the issue I threatened to feed it to my tank full of Red Bellies.  :o ;)

anyway, I went down and did a head count of Grolsch Bottles last night and found that I only have a couple of cases left, most of the flip top bottles that I use for brewing have been replaced with brown glass when it was proven that green glass can lead to a skunky off-flavor if exposed to to the ultraviolet. I can tell you that tree is comprised of at least 12 cases of Grolsch Bottles, and no doubt had to be a homebrewer with a large stock pile for his hobby :2vrolijk_21:
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #437 on: December 02, 2007, 12:19:00 PM »

now they started talkin about some Hairless critters that are Hypoallergenic, got me real nervous
[/quote]Like Mr. Bigglesworth??   :nixweiss:

http://www.austinpowers.com/cgi-bin/drevil/photo.cgi?object=imgmrbigglesworthhairless

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #438 on: December 02, 2007, 07:26:37 PM »

iski, I'm sure you snap your fingers and your BSR would jump right up to clean up the mess!

You betcha, Hogbreath.  All I have to do is snap one finger usually.  Multiple finger snaps & she's a regular dynamo.   :drink:  :huepfenjump3:
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #439 on: December 02, 2007, 07:39:37 PM »

oh man, I would not even consider it if I had pets around, luckily I have been allergic to fur all my life, and so far its been a good enough excuse to keep my wife and daughter at bay, but now they started talkin about some Hairless critters that are Hypoallergenic, got me real nervous but I played it cool and just laughed hysterically, when they continued to push the issue I threatened to feed it to my tank full of Red Bellies.  :o ;)

anyway, I went down and did a head count of Grolsch Bottles last night and found that I only have a couple of cases left, most of the flip top bottles that I use for brewing have been replaced with brown glass when it was proven that green glass can lead to a skunky off-flavor if exposed to to the ultraviolet. I can tell you that tree is comprised of at least 12 cases of Grolsch Bottles, and no doubt had to be a homebrewer with a large stock pile for his hobby :2vrolijk_21:

This got FNG to post an Austin Powers pic, so that in itself was more than worth the effort.  Your threat re:red bellies is graphic - cannot remember the cartoon animation that went around a while back of a fish that ate everything.....  :confused5:

Grolsch is one of my favorites.  Friends also use thoise bottles for the transport of a variety of spirits including whiskey & scotch.  They have many lives after they are emptied once.

I'm in the food biz - not beer unfortunately - you are right about the green glass & UV.  Brown is best for longer lived brews.  :2vrolijk_21:

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #440 on: December 02, 2007, 08:37:21 PM »

now they started talkin about some Hairless critters that are Hypoallergenic, got me real nervous
Like Mr. Bigglesworth??   :nixweiss:

HA HA   :zroflmao: :zroflmao: :zroflmao:  yea, there you go, :2vrolijk_21:
even the dog looks pissed that they naired his a$$  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Chit, that  little runt would just be a snack for my babies, I would have to start breedin em to have enough for a meal for this lot

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

grain surgery
« Reply #441 on: December 03, 2007, 11:54:18 PM »

How much would you pay for the strongest brew in the world?

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/features/food/sfl-flcostbeerbrnov29,0,5291591.story

Bdygrd4u

• Junior CVO Member
Re: grain surgery
« Reply #442 on: December 04, 2007, 11:53:41 AM »

How much would you pay for the strongest brew in the world?

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/features/food/sfl-flcostbeerbrnov29,0,5291591.story

Beer for the rich...who woulda thunk!!!!  :nixweiss: I prefer good old Budweiser  :P

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #443 on: December 04, 2007, 04:16:53 PM »

S.O.S. !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #444 on: December 05, 2007, 12:37:15 PM »

:'(

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #445 on: December 05, 2007, 06:41:14 PM »

:'(
what's she wearing a black bar for?  :nixweiss: :-\ :-*  har!  :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #446 on: December 05, 2007, 08:14:34 PM »

Har!   

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #447 on: December 05, 2007, 09:25:31 PM »

what's she wearing a black bar for?  :nixweiss: :-\ :-*  har!  :drink: spyder

;D

May be some kind of epidemic.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #448 on: December 06, 2007, 10:13:09 AM »

Gentlemen,
Let's remember the rules of posting to www.CVOHARLEY.com In particular....

Keep content family and work friendly no nudity should be posted, if posting a link to another site that has content not allowed here a warning should also be posted

Basically use common sense and be considerate courteous and respectful of other members

So we (Admin/Mods) will not have to do this..

Moderators may edit, move, or remove posts at their discretion

Remember we do have females, and young adult(s) (females) that we know of that are members, and who knows the age of our guests. Let's keep our attachments something to be proud of as a reflection of this site. Thanks.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Talon

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #449 on: December 06, 2007, 10:34:10 AM »

Gentlemen,
Let's remember the rules of posting to www.CVOHARLEY.com In particular....

Keep content family and work friendly no nudity should be posted, if posting a link to another site that has content not allowed here a warning should also be posted

Basically use common sense and be considerate courteous and respectful of other members

So we (Admin/Mods) will not have to do this..

Moderators may edit, move, or remove posts at their discretion

Remember we do have females, and young adult(s) (females) that we know of that are members, and who knows the age of our guests. Let's keep our attachments something to be proud of as a reflection of this site. Thanks.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

Ok, I pulled the last two post off. :confused5:
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 298

Page created in 0.313 seconds with 22 queries.