Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 298

Author Topic: Friday Beer Thread  (Read 719863 times)

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
Re: Friday Beer Thread
« Reply #480 on: December 07, 2007, 11:14:43 AM »

I remember riding around in my brother's '69 Cougar drinking Miller High Life!  I've got a buddy with a boat who loads it with 2 30packs of Genesee for a weekend of sailing.  He adds cans of Adirondack selzer in the cooler as a speed bump.

I was having a Corona with lime with him once and he accused me being a beer snob and challenged me to try a "Genny" with a lime.  There was almost NO discernible difference.  he pays about $12 for a 30pk and I was paying $12 for a 12pk. 
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #481 on: December 07, 2007, 11:14:49 AM »

Recall a friend going to work right out of High School at Miler Brewing in Ft. Worth, TX.  He got a case or 2 of Miller High Life a week.  New a brew master there in the early 90's - interesting operation.

Don't drink much Miller - it used to be owned by Phillip Morris.  Now Molson/Coors is buying it or merging with it.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #482 on: December 07, 2007, 11:17:01 AM »

I remember riding around in my brother's '69 Cougar drinking Miller High Life!  I've got a buddy with a boat who loads it with 2 30packs of Genesee for a weekend of sailing.  He adds cans of Adirondack selzer in the cooler as a speed bump.

I was having a Corona with lime with him once and he accused me being a beer snob and challenged me to try a "Genny" with a lime.  There was almost NO discernible difference.  he pays about $12 for a 30pk and I was paying $12 for a 12pk. 

Not familiar with this stuff - Genesee.   What is is like?

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #483 on: December 07, 2007, 11:22:04 AM »

Drank plenty of Schlitz in High School 65-69.  Dad used to drink that and Falstaff down at our cabin (it was really a cabin...one of the green clapboard type, bunks on the screened porch, no A/C, cold water shower, and an outhouse) on the Warrior River.  He usually put salt in the Falstaff.

In college, people used to bootleg Coors in to campus for 2 bucks a 6 pack...we thought we were in high cotton getting Coors compared to the other cheap stuff around here.  It washed away the cotton mouth nicely though...
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #484 on: December 07, 2007, 11:25:10 AM »

Regional pilsner brewed in Rochester, NY.  They all taste alike to me (Bud, Genesee, Miller, Busch etc).  They've diversified some and do some contract brewing (Sam Adams).  Have you ever heard of JW Dundee Honey Brown?  That's brewed there also.  The parent Co. is now High Falls Brewing.  We have a member here who works for them (Beerman).

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #485 on: December 07, 2007, 11:25:47 AM »

He usually put salt in the Falstaff.

Beer without salt.

Not here!

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #486 on: December 07, 2007, 11:28:29 AM »

Drank plenty of Schlitz in High School 65-69.  Dad used to drink that and Falstaff down at our cabin (it was really a cabin...one of the green clapboard type, bunks on the screened porch, no A/C, cold water shower, and an outhouse) on the Warrior River.  He usually put salt in the Falstaff.

In college, people used to bootleg Coors in to campus for 2 bucks a 6 pack...we thought we were in high cotton getting Coors compared to the other cheap stuff around here.  It washed away the cotton mouth nicely though...

Coors was the cult beer in Washington too, it wasn't sold here and guys would run it in from Idaho.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #487 on: December 07, 2007, 11:33:39 AM »

Regional pilsner brewed in Rochester, NY.  They all taste alike to me (Bud, Genesee, Miller, Busch etc).  They've diversified some and do some contract brewing (Sam Adams).  Have you ever heard of JW Dundee Honey Brown?  That's brewed there also.  The parent Co. is now High Falls Brewing.  We have a member here who works for them (Beerman).

I've seen it in liquor stores but never bought it.  Corona is considered among that type group in Mexico by many.  Hells bells, I'll drink most any beer but if I have a choice, I choose the stuff I like better since I do not drink as much beer as when I used to drink a lot of beer.   :)

Have seen that Honey Brown also. Any good?

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #488 on: December 07, 2007, 11:35:25 AM »

Drank plenty of Schlitz in High School 65-69.  Dad used to drink that and Falstaff down at our cabin (it was really a cabin...one of the green clapboard type, bunks on the screened porch, no A/C, cold water shower, and an outhouse) on the Warrior River.  He usually put salt in the Falstaff.

In college, people used to bootleg Coors in to campus for 2 bucks a 6 pack...we thought we were in high cotton getting Coors compared to the other cheap stuff around here.  It washed away the cotton mouth nicely though...

We would buy Coorsfor 1.50 a 6 pack or so in New Mexico & then sell it for $10-12 a case when we got home.  Paid for gas on the trip - we rarely drank it though.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #489 on: December 07, 2007, 11:35:33 AM »

How about , Heffenreffer: aka "the green death"   :nervous:
A fortified malt liquor made to make white boys puke.

I just finished off the last of my Sammy Oktobers, they were good.  

Had lotsa Guinness last night, they have a new gimmick.
The cans do not have a widget in them, they pour it into a glass then place it on a plate that buzzes or surges the beer ultrasonically and presto a damn near perfect Guinness pour, amazing and looks cool.

Enjoy

miker

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #490 on: December 07, 2007, 11:42:00 AM »

I've seen it in liquor stores but never bought it.  Corona is considered among that type group in Mexico by many.  Hells bells, I'll drink most any beer but if I have a choice, I choose the stuff I like better since I do not drink as much beer as when I used to drink a lot of beer.   :)

Have seen that Honey Brown also. Any good?

Yeah, JW Dundee is promoting themselves as a microbrewed product.  It's good.  They have ampler packs also (IPA, Pils, Nut Brown etc).  It's all brewed by High Falls (Genesee)

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #491 on: December 07, 2007, 11:45:50 AM »

How about , Heffenreffer: aka "the green death"   :nervous:

The cans do not have a widget in them, they pour it into a glass then place it on a plate that buzzes or surges the beer ultrasonically and presto a damn near perfect Guinness pour, amazing and looks cool.

Enjoy

miker

Hmmm, shakes the piss out of it then.  Always an improvement.......

Whats the point of the shaker unless you have one for home use?  The draft version in pubs has a gas mixing manifold that adds nitrogen to the pour.  No need for it there.  The widget has compressed nitrogen in it which releases when the can is opened (drop in pressure).  Boddington has the same thing.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #492 on: December 07, 2007, 11:56:37 AM »

How about , Heffenreffer: aka "the green death"   :nervous:

Enjoy

miker

Never tried that one.  Malt liquors - long ago & far away.

Heard about that Guinness plate deal but have not seen it yet.   :2vrolijk_21:

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #493 on: December 07, 2007, 11:58:20 AM »

Yeah, JW Dundee is promoting themselves as a microbrewed product.  It's good.  They have ampler packs also (IPA, Pils, Nut Brown etc).  It's all brewed by High Falls (Genesee)

I'm from an area with a lot of Czechs, so Pilsners are usually ok by me.  Will try one of those samplers over the season.

Break-In

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Anniversary Edition 513/900
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO3: 1997 FXSTC
« Reply #494 on: December 07, 2007, 12:13:52 PM »

I like red hook, and fosters :drink: :drink:
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 298

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 22 queries.