Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 298

Author Topic: Friday Beer Thread  (Read 719999 times)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: Friday Beer Thread
« Reply #570 on: December 26, 2007, 09:00:55 AM »

Try them all in Key West  Best advice I have gotten, so of course I will take, Jgeorge.  :2vrolijk_21:

Love that Pilsner Urqueull & Peroni is very good as well.  :2vrolijk_21:
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #571 on: December 26, 2007, 08:32:41 PM »

I tried Chimay red cap today, brewed by Trappist monks.  Spectacular.  I mean it!

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #572 on: December 26, 2007, 09:02:39 PM »

I tried Chimay red cap today, brewed by Trappist monks.  Spectacular.  I mean it!

Like a holy experience? 

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #573 on: December 27, 2007, 09:02:54 AM »

Is that the stuff thats sold by the individual bottle with a champagne cork and wire top?  I've had it. 

What's simply amazing to me is that the beers discussed here are VERY hard to find.  There is a local chain near me called Consumer's Beverage which is, simply put, a true man's beer store.  Sure, they sell Coors Light but they also sell EVERYTHING else.  They even have beer on tap. You bring your own growlers in to be filled and take them home.  I feel bad for the rest of the folks that can't find GOOD beer anywhere.  Eagle1 and Naitram have the right idea, make it yourself!
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #574 on: December 27, 2007, 10:53:19 AM »

Is that the stuff thats sold by the individual bottle with a champagne cork and wire top?  I've had it. 

What's simply amazing to me is that the beers discussed here are VERY hard to find.  There is a local chain near me called Consumer's Beverage which is, simply put, a true man's beer store.  Sure, they sell Coors Light but they also sell EVERYTHING else.  They even have beer on tap. You bring your own growlers in to be filled and take them home.  I feel bad for the rest of the folks that can't find GOOD beer anywhere.  Eagle1 and Naitram have the right idea, make it yourself!

Nope.  It is a little brown bottle with a red cap and I think if I had the time I could have had a holy seeing happen.
That is one topic on beer tasting you don't often hear about....The buzz baby!

Miker

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #575 on: December 27, 2007, 10:58:07 AM »

I had a chocolate stout from my neighbor saturday.  It kicked my ass before I finished it.  I looked at the label before it was gone.  11.5% alcohol by volume!  WOW!  no wonder.  3 times the beer, 10 times the flavor!  I wish I could remember the brand.  He gets beer from his boss for Christmas.  He only drinks Coors Light so he gives them to me.  I LOVE his boss and I have never met him!

youker

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #576 on: December 27, 2007, 12:52:30 PM »

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/chimay-rouge-red/51/

Here is the link to Chimay Rouge. This is a very good beer. The bigger bottle does look like a champagne bottle. Notice that they use French barley from Champagne. This is the true champagne of beers.
CRMC RTTE
Support your local Motorcycle Club

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #577 on: December 27, 2007, 01:04:06 PM »

Here is the link to Chimay Rouge. This is a very good beer. The bigger bottle does look like a champagne bottle. Notice that they use French barley from Champagne. This is the true champagne of beers.

Great beer! And you get hammered on that chit too! :o

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #578 on: December 27, 2007, 01:07:43 PM »

that moniker goes to the 'high life' MILLER.  :drink: har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #579 on: December 27, 2007, 01:27:45 PM »

What's simply amazing to me is that the beers discussed here are VERY hard to find.  (not me)

Eagle1 and Naitram have the right idea, make it yourself!  (its the only answer)

I had a chocolate stout from my neighbor saturday.  It kicked my ass before I finished it.  I looked at the label before it was gone.  11.5% alcohol by volume!  WOW!  no wonder.  3 times the beer, 10 times the flavor!  I wish I could remember the brand.  He gets beer from his boss for Christmas.  He only drinks Coors Light so he gives them to me.  I LOVE his boss and I have never met him!

jgeorge102,

This is all the consumers fault, the distributors give the retailers what sells, and the fact is you can buy crap beer, wine and liquor just about anywhere these days, this has dimminished many exclusive "Liquor Stores", and even the ones that still do exist, stopped carrying the better stuff, to compete with walgreens.
Unfortunately mainstream beer drinkers like your buddy have been brainwashed by the big breweries to believe that Bud lite and Coors lite is actually Beer

Toes in the water, ass in the sand

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #580 on: December 27, 2007, 11:28:29 PM »

He's aware that it's carbonated water.  Just what he prefers.  At 60 years old, he's unlikely to change.  I looked for the Chimay red cap today at my beer store and they only had the Chimay 20 oz cork bottles of trapist monk ales (3 different kinds).  I picked up a local IPA instead and it's very good.  Cheers!

Black_Dog

• Full CVO Member
  • CVO Forum Member #157
« Reply #581 on: December 27, 2007, 11:41:56 PM »

I like both kinds of beer, warm and cold.

Black Dog :pumpkin:
2004 FLHTCSE

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #582 on: December 28, 2007, 07:20:47 AM »

jgeorge102,

This is all the consumers fault, the distributors give the retailers what sells, and the fact is you can buy crap beer, wine and liquor just about anywhere these days, this has dimminished many exclusive "Liquor Stores", and even the ones that still do exist, stopped carrying the better stuff, to compete with walgreens.
Unfortunately mainstream beer drinkers like your buddy have been brainwashed by the big breweries to believe that Bud lite and Coors lite is actually Beer

One of the biker bars we frequent sells mostly Bud, Bud Light, Miller Lite, & Corona.  I drink Yuengling there, which they capitalistically stock for me & a few others.  80% + of their sales are in the other 4, mostly the first 3.  Consumer demands being what they are, some stores/bars just ignore the fractions of the remaining 20% & figure they will settle for cleverly marketing mildly flavored carbonated water. 

Brewing my own is a consideration but since I travel frequently, the timing factor could be a problem.  Kudos to those of you who do.  :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 07:22:28 AM by iski »

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #583 on: December 29, 2007, 06:03:06 AM »

BB - definitely adding a touch of class to the thread here.  I like that Honey Brown also.

Only recipe we have using Chambourd is some concoction called "Purple Hooters" & those are drunk by soon to be drunks as shots.  Not much of a martini drinker but might try that one - sounds good. BTW - Will be having our morning coffee at the Starbucks in front of the hotel a little later this morning (caramel machiatta) & watching bleary eyed tourists wandering about aimlessly.  Travel has changed for us from what it used to be.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #584 on: December 29, 2007, 12:20:39 PM »

One of the biker bars we frequent sells mostly Bud, Bud Light, Miller Lite, & Corona.  I drink Yuengling there, which they capitalistically stock for me & a few others.  80% + of their sales are in the other 4, mostly the first 3.  Consumer demands being what they are, some stores/bars just ignore the fractions of the remaining 20% & figure they will settle for cleverly marketing mildly flavored carbonated water. 

Brewing my own is a consideration but since I travel frequently, the timing factor could be a problem.  Kudos to those of you who do.  :2vrolijk_21:

You should ride up one weekend and visit 29 Dreams...they have a good selection of brews, and I talked the owner into getting Negra Modelo in stock...he has had a lot of buyers of that brew since stocking.

The brew the Monks make WILL cause you to see the light, although it might be through squinty eyes.  Unfortunately, Alabama will not allow brew over 6%, so our choices are limited.  A bill was recently defeated by the Southern Baptists which would have allowed stronger brews...their premise being that our youth would drink it like they do the watered down/tasteless chit they normally drink, and get too drunk... :nixweiss:  Their rational/logic (illogic) on matters like this never ceases to amaze me.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 298

Page created in 0.202 seconds with 23 queries.