Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 298

Author Topic: Friday Beer Thread  (Read 720084 times)

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
Re: Friday Beer Thread
« Reply #585 on: December 30, 2007, 09:09:33 AM »

You should ride up one weekend and visit 29 Dreams...they have a good selection of brews, and I talked the owner into getting Negra Modelo in stock...he has had a lot of buyers of that brew since stocking.

The brew the Monks make WILL cause you to see the light, although it might be through squinty eyes.  Unfortunately, Alabama will not allow brew over 6%, so our choices are limited.  A bill was recently defeated by the Southern Baptists which would have allowed stronger brews...their premise being that our youth would drink it like they do the watered down/tasteless chit they normally drink, and get too drunk... :nixweiss:  Their rational/logic (illogic) on matters like this never ceases to amaze me.

WOW!  Marshall Law in beer world!  You're living in prohibition.....
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #586 on: December 30, 2007, 09:47:42 AM »

WOW!  Marshall Law in beer world!  You're living in prohibition.....

Some things just don't make any sense.  All over the South (probably other areas as well, but I have no firsthand knowledge) we have dry counties, where no liquor/beer can be purchased (legally) within the borders of that county, even at a restaurant.  So, people drive over to the next county, buy their beer, then drink some on the way home, while driving.  Now THAT makes a lot of sense, huh?  Plus, all the sales tax revenue goes over to the next county.  However, those dry counties get the state dollars from the "sin tax" that is levied on all alcohol sold in the state, even if they are dry counties.  I say, let them be dry, but no tax revenue from alcohol...PERIOD.  Wonder how long they'd stay dry then?  It's just absurd...

But, one of the strangest things that ever happened to me (this may be common in other places too), is during a 2 week business stay in Philly, I went to the grocery store to buy beer for my stay at the Residence Inn....after 20 minutes of looking for the beer cooler, I finally asked the stock kid...NO BEER SOLD IN GROCERY STORES!!!!!!!  Had to go to a local pub, with package store attached.  So, I guess everyone has their odd spirit laws.

I do hate we can't get the stronger/better brews here though...the Southern Baptists in this part of the country have a strong hold on the lawmakers...they just drink behind closed doors, after they've gone to the next county to buy it... :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:  Buying beer on Sunday is a county by county thing as well, but most of the restaurants can sell, but you have to join a Sunday "club" (usually 2 bucks to join) for a years "membership".  It's all assinine... :soapbox:
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #587 on: December 31, 2007, 08:32:19 AM »

You should ride up one weekend and visit 29 Dreams...they have a good selection of brews, and I talked the owner into getting Negra Modelo in stock...he has had a lot of buyers of that brew since stocking.

The brew the Monks make WILL cause you to see the light, although it might be through squinty eyes.  Unfortunately, Alabama will not allow brew over 6%, so our choices are limited.  A bill was recently defeated by the Southern Baptists which would have allowed stronger brews...their premise being that our youth would drink it like they do the watered down/tasteless chit they normally drink, and get too drunk... :nixweiss:  Their rational/logic (illogic) on matters like this never ceases to amaze me.

Working on a trip to the Gunnersville area for 2008 possibly that would definitely include a trip to 29 Dreams.  Not sure yet when or even if - some friends are moving to that area.  Great ride in to 29 Dreams earlier this year behind you & Diva!  Will let you know if it happens - several folks we ride with here appear interested. 

I'll settle for the Yuengling - Negra would be lots better - they keep the greenies (Y nickname) for me & a few others.

Agree completely on the weird AL laws on beer.  As I recall Oklahoma also worries that "strong" beers will weaken the moral resolve or some other resolve of their populace.  :nixweiss:  Nutso ideas & the result is crappola beers sell best.  Politicians do the strangest things - in public - & even have them written into laws. 

:drink:

A couple of parties to go to tonight from several invites.  Hate to drive on NY Eve because it's a crap shoot after about 1 am.  Will be extra cautious - hope everyone has a safe New Years!
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #588 on: January 01, 2008, 11:00:44 AM »

Working on a trip to the Gunnersville area for 2008 possibly that would definitely include a trip to 29 Dreams.  Not sure yet when or even if - some friends are moving to that area.  Great ride in to 29 Dreams earlier this year behind you & Diva!  Will let you know if it happens - several folks we ride with here appear interested. 

I'll settle for the Yuengling - Negra would be lots better - they keep the greenies (Y nickname) for me & a few others.

Agree completely on the weird AL laws on beer.  As I recall Oklahoma also worries that "strong" beers will weaken the moral resolve or some other resolve of their populace.  :nixweiss:  Nutso ideas & the result is crappola beers sell best.  Politicians do the strangest things - in public - & even have them written into laws. 

A couple of parties to go to tonight from several invites.  Hate to drive on NY Eve because it's a crap shoot after about 1 am.  Will be extra cautious - hope everyone has a safe New Years!

Guntersville is about the prettiest lake in the state, IMO.  Very nice area to live in.  We have another member here on the site who got sick of lower FL and has recently moved to the Guntersville area on a nice piece of land.

Let me know when/if you're in the area.  I'm always up for a ride to Dreams, and to Northeast Alabama.  Besides the good beers, Dreams has a killer cheesburger with homemade onion rings on the side, and there's always the breakfast buffet...it's a Pig-Out.

TTS Mastertune

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #589 on: January 01, 2008, 01:09:46 PM »

Guntersville is about the prettiest lake in the state, IMO.  Very nice area to live in.  We have another member here on the site who got sick of lower FL and has recently moved to the Guntersville area on a nice piece of land.

Let me know when/if you're in the area.  I'm always up for a ride to Dreams, and to Northeast Alabama.  Besides the good beers, Dreams has a killer cheesburger with homemade onion rings on the side, and there's always the breakfast buffet...it's a Pig-Out.
hey Terry, where is this 'Dreams' place located in NE Georgia?    :nixweiss:spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #590 on: January 01, 2008, 01:30:24 PM »

hey Terry, where is this 'Dreams' place located in NE Georgia?    :nixweiss:spyder

Spydy...Dreams is 29 Dreams, and it's located about 25 miles outside of Birmingham, AL, just a little ways to the East of here.

The place in NE Georgia is Copperhead Lodge.

If you're ever down this way, we'll go to Dreams and have a beer and a Cheeseburger  :2vrolijk_21:

TTS Mastertune

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #591 on: January 01, 2008, 01:52:43 PM »

Spydy...Dreams is 29 Dreams, and it's located about 25 miles outside of Birmingham, AL, just a little ways to the East of here.

The place in NE Georgia is Copperhead Lodge.

If you're ever down this way, we'll go to Dreams and have a beer and a Cheeseburger  :2vrolijk_21:
It's on my New Years list of places to ride to now!  :) har!  :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #592 on: January 02, 2008, 09:57:15 AM »

Will definitely let you know. Very likely Lisa & I will make this trip, regardless of the group decision.  A cheeseburger with a side of onion rings + cold Negras = Paradise.

Cold Negras in the beer fridge now, and I hear them calling, but it's a work day, dammit. 

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #593 on: January 11, 2008, 05:13:10 PM »

Tonight it is a

evening. 

Beer thirty here so it's time to pop a top.

Cheers!   :drink:

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #594 on: January 11, 2008, 05:17:35 PM »

Tonight it is a

evening. 

Beer thirty here so it's time to pop a top.

Cheers!   :drink:

Another couple of hours for me, Mike.  I usually have a couple of the "green margahooties" at the local Hispanic eatery, followed by a Negra.  The green hooties are cheap during happy hour, and get me a little buzz going, then the Negra sorta' mellows the buzz out...

TTS Mastertune

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #595 on: January 11, 2008, 05:20:26 PM »

I am having a SOCO on the rocks. 

It is that kinda Friday. 

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #596 on: January 11, 2008, 05:21:14 PM »

Another couple of hours for me, Mike.  I usually have a couple of the "green margahooties" at the local Hispanic eatery, followed by a Negra.  The green hooties are cheap during happy hour, and get me a little buzz going, then the Negra sorta' mellows the buzz out...
Bro, you have inspired me to make some of those margahooties   ;D  but they will have to wait until tomorrow.  If I started drinking tookillya tonight there would be a bad head looking at me from the mirror tomorrow morning, after the week I've had.  Read somewhere Corona is the manufacturer for Modelo - not sure that was right, & too lazy to look for the info now.  Take care.  :drink:

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #597 on: January 11, 2008, 05:22:48 PM »

I am having a SOCO on the rocks. 

It is that kinda Friday. 

My Friday was a Monday.  My Tuesday was also a Monday.  Yesterday was almost a Monday. Considered running off & joining the circus yesterday.  I'm already juggling......

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #598 on: January 11, 2008, 05:26:50 PM »

ok, I give, what the hell is a margahootie?

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #599 on: January 11, 2008, 05:27:44 PM »

I just got back from Park City, Utah  all we could get was 3.2 or nothing  >:(
I guess the Mormons don't want to take a chance going limp, when their ole Ladies are standin in line  ;) ;D :huepfenlol2:
Toes in the water, ass in the sand
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 298

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 22 queries.