Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 298

Author Topic: Friday Beer Thread  (Read 719848 times)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: Friday Beer Thread
« Reply #660 on: January 25, 2008, 10:37:33 AM »

Thank God! It's been a lllloooonnnggggg week :wall:..... :pepper: :drink: :drink: :drink:
......and too cold to ride for my mental health.  :nervous: aaaarrgh.  :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #661 on: January 25, 2008, 11:20:55 AM »

......and too cold to ride for my mental health.  :nervous: aaaarrgh.  :drink: spyder

Spydy...it's supposed to warm up to about 60 here Sunday afternoon, and then into the mid to upper 60's next week, so might be able to squeeze a couple of hours in here or there.  You're retired, aren't 'ya?  I'm only retired in spirit...my body still has to be here Mon-Fri...

Tonight will be Part II of the weekly visit to 2 Pesos Mexican Restaurant...Part I was Wednesday evening, and it was quite enjoyable, so a repeat performance is required. 
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Rooster452

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 SERK
« Reply #662 on: January 25, 2008, 01:35:18 PM »

I can't say that, the weather here is fantastic but bike is in the shop. If it wasn't for Jorge letting me ride one of his fine rides last Saturday I'd be going through withdrawals.   

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #663 on: January 25, 2008, 01:38:42 PM »

Jeff, I got a Dyna that needs to be run, let me know!

Miker

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #664 on: January 25, 2008, 01:39:30 PM »

Not sure on a brew with Zicam, Miker. I don't know enough about Scotch to do anything more than confuse myself.  Bourbon guy.

Used to keep a bottle of vodka in the freezer for medicinal purposes only of course.  ;D  When I had a sore throat, a frozen vodka shot seemed to help. 

Disclaimer: The author of the first post of the thread known as the "Friday Beer Thread" hereafter referred to as the Party of the First part does not in any way endorse, encourage, or advise the consumption of any beverages at any time.  This thread is for novelty purposes only.  Drinking any beverage while riding, driving, or in the case of the Party of the Second part, walking and/or crawling, is strongly discouraged.  No liabilities are assumed or indicated by any post here or response to this post here by anyone, anywhere, at any time.  In fact, reading this post is discouraged as there is no good reason for it. Proceed at your own risk and with due caution while reading here.  The Party of the First part may or may not consume beverages and any assumption that the Party of the First part will consume any beverage is only that and nothing more.  Reading at your own risk does not indicate an assumption of any liability.  If you have seen or know where the Party of the First Part's Happy Fun Ball is, please return it at the earliest opportunity, if not sooner.  If you are still reading this please stop here. Thank you.

use whatever 80 proof or better liquor is available, and don't forget to gargle for 15 sec. before swallowing, works every time  :2vrolijk_21:
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #665 on: January 25, 2008, 02:05:40 PM »

Spydy...it's supposed to warm up to about 60 here Sunday afternoon, and then into the mid to upper 60's next week, so might be able to squeeze a couple of hours in here or there.  You're retired, aren't 'ya?  I'm only retired in spirit...my body still has to be here Mon-Fri...

Tonight will be Part II of the weekly visit to 2 Pesos Mexican Restaurant...Part I was Wednesday evening, and it was quite enjoyable, so a repeat performance is required. 
What do you and Bootsie get at 2 Pesos besides Margarittas and Dos Equixs?   (notice how I'm doing better trying to stay on thread topic?)  :P har!  :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Rooster452

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #666 on: January 25, 2008, 03:45:51 PM »

Jeff, I got a Dyna that needs to be run, let me know!

Miker

I'll give you a jingle! Thanks

:2vrolijk_21:

Rooster452

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #667 on: January 25, 2008, 03:48:41 PM »

I'll give you a jingle! Thanks

:2vrolijk_21:

Sorry forgot to keep the thread on track...... :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :puke:

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #668 on: January 25, 2008, 04:12:38 PM »

What do you and Bootsie get at 2 Pesos besides Margarittas and Dos Equixs?   (notice how I'm doing better trying to stay on thread topic?)  :P har!  :drink: spyder

The Munchies, I think...but I don't remember... :P ::)
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
Re: CANNED BEER HISTORY
« Reply #669 on: January 25, 2008, 05:44:45 PM »

Reason to have a beer today!!! January 24, 1935 : First canned beer goes on sale. (OKAY A DAY LATE  :nixweiss:)

Canned beer makes its debut on this day in 1935. In partnership with  the American Can Company, the Gottfried Krueger Brewing Company  delivered 2,000 cans of Krueger's Finest Beer and Krueger's Cream Ale  to faithful Krueger drinkers in Richmond, Virginia. Ninety-one percent  of the drinkers approved of the canned beer, driving Krueger to give  the green light to further production.

By the late 19th century, cans were instrumental in the mass distribution of foodstuffs, but it wasn't until 1909 that the American Can Company made its first attempt to can beer. This was unsuccessful, and the American Can Company would have to wait for the end of  Prohibition in the United States before it tried again. Finally in  1933, after two years of research, American Can developed a can that was pressurized and had a special coating to prevent the fizzy beer from chemically reacting with the tin.  The concept of canned beer proved to be a hard sell, but Krueger's  overcame its initial reservations and became the first brewer to sell  canned beer in the United States. The response was overwhelming.

Within three months, over 80 percent of distributors were handling Krueger's canned beer, and Krueger's was eating into the market share of the "big three" national brewers--Anheuser-Busch, Pabst and Schlitz. Competitors soon followed suit, and by the end of 1935, over 200 million cans had been produced and sold.   :drink:

The purchase of cans, unlike bottles, did not require the consumer to  pay a deposit. Cans were also easier to stack, more durable and took  less time to chill. As a result, their popularity continued to grow throughout the 1930s, and then exploded during World War II, when U.S. brewers shipped millions of cans of beer to soldiers overseas. After
the war, national brewing companies began to take advantage of the mass distribution that cans made possible, and were able to consolidate their power over the once-dominant local breweries, which  could not control costs and operations as efficiently as their national counterparts.

Today, canned beer accounts for approximately half of the $20 billion U.S. beer industry. Not all of this comes from the big national brewers: Recently, there has been renewed interest in canning from microbrewers and high-end beer-sellers, who are realizing that cans guarantee purity and taste by preventing light damage and oxidation.

CHEERS!

2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: CANNED BEER HISTORY
« Reply #670 on: January 25, 2008, 05:49:03 PM »

Reason to have a beer today!!! January 24, 1935 : First canned beer goes on sale. (OKAY A DAY LATE  :nixweiss:)

Canned beer makes its debut on this day in 1935. In partnership with  the American Can Company, the Gottfried Krueger Brewing Company  delivered 2,000 cans of Krueger's Finest Beer and Krueger's Cream Ale  to faithful Krueger drinkers in Richmond, Virginia. Ninety-one percent  of the drinkers approved of the canned beer, driving Krueger to give  the green light to further production.

I love my state. :huepfenjump3: I knew there was a reason I went to the store to get more beer today. ;D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #671 on: January 26, 2008, 01:14:18 AM »

Gary,
I thought you would pick up on, and appreciate, that historical moment in Virginny!!!  :2vrolijk_21:  :2vrolijk_21:

:drink:
Joe
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #672 on: January 26, 2008, 08:05:00 PM »

This weeks beer tally:

On tap.......... first batch of home brew: Light Ale (I figured since I got to know Hogbreath I better learn how to make some beer) ;D

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #673 on: January 26, 2008, 08:49:06 PM »

This weeks beer tally:

On tap.......... first batch of home brew: Light Ale (I figured since I got to know Hogbreath I better learn how to make some beer) ;D

Way to go Bro!!!!  :2vrolijk_21:

I actually envy you right now, after winter sets in I'm done brewing because the garage is all wet and full of slush. I cant get water from my hose for my wort chiller and its just too damn cold to be standing out there freezing my azz off for 5 hrs. I'm making plans to move my whole system down to the basement for winter time brewing. I am going to install a 5' exhaust hood over my system, vent it to the outside and I will be good to go.

by the way lets bring out the brewing dialog into this thread instead of PM's, there's a lot of great ideas and things learned that other guys may be intrested in hearing, I know there is at least 3 or 4 other brewers on the site and we have had many technical discussions in the past that have been beneficial to all. when it comes to talking about beer brewing It's All Good!  :2vrolijk_21: :huepfenlol2:

let me know how that conical fermenter works out for you, at that price it is tempting. one thing I noticed was you may want to get an extension leg kit for it, so you can gravity feed into your secondary.

Have fun and remember, Stainless Steel to Brewers is like Chrome to Bikers, you cant have too much  ;D
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #674 on: January 26, 2008, 09:29:44 PM »

Way to go Bro!!!!  :2vrolijk_21:

I actually envy you right now, after winter sets in I'm done brewing because the garage is all wet and full of slush. I cant get water from my hose for my wort chiller and its just too damn cold to be standing out there freezing my azz off for 5 hrs. I'm making plans to move my whole system down to the basement for winter time brewing. I am going to install a 5' exhaust hood over my system, vent it to the outside and I will be good to go.

by the way lets bring out the brewing dialog into this thread instead of PM's, there's a lot of great ideas and things learned that other guys may be intrested in hearing, I know there is at least 3 or 4 other brewers on the site and we have had many technical discussions in the past that have been beneficial to all. when it comes to talking about beer brewing It's All Good!  :2vrolijk_21: :huepfenlol2:

let me know how that conical fermenter works out for you, at that price it is tempting. one thing I noticed was you may want to get an extension leg kit for it, so you can gravity feed into your secondary.

Have fun and remember, Stainless Steel to Brewers is like Chrome to Bikers, you cant have too much  ;D

If I do that I can't put it in the fridge right? Plus for now I am only fermenting in the primary and transferring to the primimng bucket to bottle. Give me your thoughts.

If my fisrt batch is drinkable i will have it done and drinkable by Bike Week Daytona!! One more week in the fermenter, bottle it next saturday, 2 weeks in the bottle at room temp and dark, then a few hours in the fridge............. Walla! :drink:  Feb 16th............... :orange:
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 10:20:33 PM by Robmay »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 298

Page created in 0.203 seconds with 22 queries.