Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 298

Author Topic: Friday Beer Thread  (Read 729730 times)

Rooster452

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 SERK
Re: Friday Beer Thread
« Reply #690 on: January 30, 2008, 01:50:01 PM »

Goin off to see ol tater salad huh...Do love the fair food though even though it don't like me.
Is your bike done?

Going to the dealer Saturday AM (that's why I'm planning to drink beer and laugh my a$$ off the night before) to discuss the bottom end. Now they're suggesting to weld and balance the crank (I asked them to check the runout). Also changing to Axtell jugs.
Hard stuff ready to go to Gene for painting though. I can relate to Howie's frustration now but if it all works, brother look out!

Rooster452

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #691 on: January 30, 2008, 02:06:43 PM »

Going to the dealer Saturday AM (that's why I'm planning to drink beer and laugh my a$$ off the night before) to discuss the bottom end. Now they're suggesting to weld and balance the crank (I asked them to check the runout). Also changing to Axtell jugs.
Hard stuff ready to go to Gene for painting though. I can relate to Howie's frustration now but if it all works, brother look out!

Rooster452

I'd like to tag along ifin you don't mind.  Wanna ride the dyna up?

Rooster452

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 SERK
« Reply #692 on: January 30, 2008, 02:23:13 PM »

Sure great to have you along. On the Dyna may be, depends on what kind of shape I'm in.....
I'll call you....

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #693 on: January 30, 2008, 02:30:00 PM »

Sure great to have you along. On the Dyna may be, depends on what kind of shape I'm in.....
I'll call you....

You go boy...Ifin you are a wreck you did have fun!

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #694 on: January 30, 2008, 03:40:11 PM »

You go boy...Ifin you are a wreck you did have fun!

I can't go riding because I have to pick the CUSE up.....

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #695 on: January 31, 2008, 03:08:36 PM »

Here's a unique concert piece by the Melbourne Symphony for Victoria Bitter beer, the theme is that of VB.

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
German Beer Sales Losing Their Fizz
« Reply #696 on: January 31, 2008, 07:40:00 PM »

BERLIN - Germany and beer go together like Porsches and the autobahn, but health-conscious residents are turning from the country's traditional beverage in favor of juices and bottled water, sending suds sales down to the lowest levels in 15 years.

According to a government report released Tuesday, the amount of beer sold in Germany fell to the lowest sales figure since 1993 -- dropping by 2.7 percent in 2007 to 22 billion pints, down 612 million pints from 2006.

The Federal Statistics Office said the drop in beer sales came as the demand for beer mixed with fruit juices, soft drinks and other nonalcoholic beverages rose 18.1 percent from 2006 to 2007, with some 887 million pints consumed by thirsty buyers.

Beer consumption in Germany has been falling steadily for more than a decade, a trend that experts have attributed to an increasingly health-conscious public and an aging population that is less likely to binge.

For last year's decline, the German Brewers Association blamed a rainy summer, noting that foul weather dampens the mood for lifting a stein on a summer evening.

But the group also pointed to shifting tastes.

"Our regular customers are getting older and don't drink as much anymore, and generally Germans prefer milder tastes today, and are more health conscious," spokesman Marc-Oliver Huhnholz said.

For the country's remaining beer drinkers, there's more scary news: Their beloved beverage -- often called 'liquid bread' because it is a basic ingredient of many Germans' daily diet -- is getting more expensive.

Some breweries have already raised prices, and many others say they will follow later this year.

The director of the famous Hofbraeuhaus beer hall in Munich said the brewery would increase its prices by about 74 cents per case in April.

"This is not about profit, it's about cost increase," Michael Moeller said, adding that the raw materials for the national beverage -- barley malt and hops -- have been getting more expensive.

Moeller said that per case of beer, the price of malt had increased by 30 cents and hops by 7 cents, and that energy costs to brew beer had risen by 10 percent.

On top of all the bad news, the southwestern state of Baden-Wuerttemberg has said it is considering a ban on selling beer from midnight to 6 a.m.

It's no wonder the Germans lost the title of biggest per capita beer drinkers to the Czechs a few years ago.

But, Huhnholz said, they still drink more than the Irish, who closely follow Germans.

Toes in the water, ass in the sand

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: German Beer Sales Losing Their Fizz
« Reply #697 on: February 01, 2008, 06:54:21 AM »

It's no wonder the Germans lost the title of biggest per capita beer drinkers to the Czechs a few years ago.

But, Huhnholz said, they still drink more than the Irish, who closely follow Germans.

Originally from an area with a lot of Czechs.  Great beer -Czech beer - big beer drinkers.  I'm mostly Irish, but I try not to follow Germans too closely.  Never know when they are going to stop real quick & if you've ever run into the back of a stopped German who's been drinking........  ;D

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #698 on: February 01, 2008, 06:57:07 AM »

Hey, I'm a stopped German who's been drinking!
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #699 on: February 01, 2008, 06:59:21 AM »

Hey, I'm a stopped German who's been drinking!

Using 2 second rule following you in this post, Jgeorge.

:drink:                                                                                               :drink:

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #700 on: February 01, 2008, 07:21:35 AM »

funny.   :drink:

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #701 on: February 01, 2008, 07:24:55 AM »

I stopped drinking German's

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #702 on: February 01, 2008, 07:31:09 AM »

Did you use the 2 second rule? 

Or a Glock? :nixweiss:

:confused5:

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #703 on: February 01, 2008, 08:51:31 AM »

Hey, I'm a German who's never stopped drinking.   :drink: :drink: :drink:

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #704 on: February 01, 2008, 09:20:02 AM »

I must have some german some places in my genes. :drink:
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 298

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 22 queries.