Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 298

Author Topic: Friday Beer Thread  (Read 729179 times)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: Friday Beer Thread
« Reply #735 on: February 08, 2008, 10:53:16 PM »

Beer fridge supplies are dangerously low.  Restocking mission plans failed today.  If the fridge goes completely empty... well we just will not let that happen.

Looks like Dos XX's Amber is on sale so will rebuild from there.

:drink: :drink: :drink:
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #736 on: February 09, 2008, 06:28:22 PM »

For those that don't know much about history...... here is a condensed version.

Humans originally existed as members of small bands of nomadic hunters/gatherers. They lived on deer in the mountains during the summer and would go to the coast and live on fish and lobster in the winter.

The two most important events in all of history were:

1. The invention of beer, and

2. The invention of the wheel.
The wheel was invented to get man to the beer.

These were the foundation of modern civilization and together were the catalyst for the splitting of humanity into two distinct subgroups:

1. Liberals

2. Conservatives.

Once beer was discovered, it required grain and that was the beginning of agriculture. Neither the glass bottle nor aluminum can were invented yet, so while our early humans were sitting around waiting for them to be invented, they just stay ed close to the brewery. That's how villages were formed.

Some men spent their days tracking and killing animals to B-B-Q at night while they were drinking beer. This was the beginning of what is known as the Conservative movement.

Other men who were weaker and less skilled at hunting learned to live off the Conservatives by showing up for the nightly B-B-Q's and doing the sewing, fetching, and hair dressing. This was the beginning of the Liberal movement.

Some of these Liberal men eventually evolved into women. The rest became known as girlie-men.

Some noteworthy Liberal achievements include the domestication of cats, the invention of group therapy, group hugs, and the concept of Democratic voting to decide how to divide the meat and beer that Conservatives provided.

Over the years Conservatives came to be symbolized by the largest, most powerful land animal on earth, the elephant. Liberals are and were always symbolized by the jackass.

Modern liberals like imported beer (with lime added), but most prefer white wine or imported bottled water. They eat raw fish but like their beef well done. Sushi, tofu, and French food are standard liberal fare. Another interesting evolutionary side note: Most of their women have higher testosterone levels than their men. Most social workers, personal injury attorneys, journalists, dreamers in Hollywood and group therapists are Liberals. Liberals invented the designated hitter rule because it wasn't fair to make the pitcher also bat.

Conservatives drink domestic beer. They eat red meat and still provide for their women. Conservatives are big-game hunters, rodeo cowboys, lumberjacks, construction workers, firemen, medical doctors, police officers, corporate executives, athletes, Marines, and generally anyone who works productively. Conservatives who own companies hire other Conservatives who want to work for a living.

Liberals produce little or nothing. They lik e to govern the producers and decide what to do with the production. Liberals believe that Europeans are more enlightened than Americans. That is why most of the Liberals remained in Europe when Conservatives were coming to America. They crept in after the Wild West was tamed and created a business of trying to get more for nothing.

Here ends today's lesson in world history.......

It should be noted that a Liberal may have a momentary urge to angrily respond to the above before forwarding it.

A Conservative will simply laugh and be so convinced of the absolute truth of this history that it will be forwarded immediately to other true believers and to more liberals just to piss them off....

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #737 on: February 09, 2008, 06:36:04 PM »

Rough work week for me also - so I considered  :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: - but tomorrow is the International Motorcycle Expo in Chicago!!!  So, I will save the  :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: for tomorrow night!!

Scott

Back from the show, so the  :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: for the evening has commensed!   :2vrolijk_21:

Scott
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #738 on: February 09, 2008, 06:42:58 PM »

So.......how was the show, Scott?  :nixweiss: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #739 on: February 09, 2008, 06:44:32 PM »

Back from the show, so the  :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: for the evening has commensed!   :2vrolijk_21:

Scott
Just returned with a couple of growlers myself! Just open this one http://middleagesbrewing.com/content/view/51/  Its a sleeper  :huepfenlol2:  :drink:

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #740 on: February 09, 2008, 06:56:26 PM »

So.......how was the show, Scott?  :nixweiss: spyder

I enjoyed it!  Most of the metric manufacturers put more effort into it then the MOCO...  Kawasaki and Ducati had great displays...  Victory had a bunch of "Victory custom's" in their display.  Other then the girl showing other girls how to pick up a dropped bike - the MOCO display was "plain."  Their were lots of local shops that put on a good show...  Aligator Bob had a great setup.  Given our extraordinary winter, it was a nice break...
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #741 on: February 09, 2008, 07:00:17 PM »

I enjoyed it!  Most of the metric manufacturers put more effort into it then the MOCO...  Kawasaki and Ducati had great displays...  Victory had a bunch of "Victory custom's" in their display.  Other then the girl showing other girls how to pick up a dropped bike - the MOCO display was "plain."  Their were lots of local shops that put on a good show...  Aligator Bob had a great setup.  Given our extraordinary winter, it was a nice break...
Sounds like it.  I'm always up for a good bike show.. :orange:...that's why I'm getting so excited about heading out to Daytona.  :) spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #742 on: February 10, 2008, 06:05:38 AM »

Just returned with a couple of growlers myself! Just open this one http://middleagesbrewing.com/content/view/51/  Its a sleeper  :huepfenlol2:  :drink:

Howie, I picked up a couple sixes of Middle Ages Friday.  One was their IPA.  Great Stuff!  They're almost gone.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #743 on: February 10, 2008, 10:27:29 PM »

I know we are leaving at 8:00 am hope I'm not draggin ass, I have an even bigger party on Sat night so I choose the lesser of the two evils and opted to go on Sat. instead of Sun.

what a great party we had sat. night

one of our brew club brothers threw a valentines days costume party that was just a gas, the costumes were judged and cupid with fairy wings & a tutu was the winner, the funny part was the 55 yr old guy wearing this costume has a 1/2 barrel beer gut,  a white beard and full biceps tats on both arms  ??? what a sight

we got to drink some great beer as well, from a keg of Guinness on nitro (which we finished), to a six pack of 6 yrs of sierra nevada's Big Foot barley wine from 2001-2006, it was amazing how much each year's sample differed, my vote went to 2001 & 2003 as the best of the six years. needless to say sunday was rough going, I didn't get out of bed until 3:30 this afternoon and Im heading back shortly  :drink:
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 10:29:07 PM by EAGLE1 »
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #744 on: February 10, 2008, 10:46:01 PM »

I agree, the Metrics put the MOCO to shame, not only in their displays but in their offerings as well, the 2000cc Kaw was one massive cruzer and they had it customized to the hilt as well, made me swallow some pride when I sat on it.  :-X

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #745 on: February 10, 2008, 10:47:14 PM »

the little one kinda scared me when she got on this little dirt rider, she had the same look in her eye that I did 35 yrs ago  :-\

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #746 on: February 10, 2008, 10:48:43 PM »

Aligator Bob was spectacular

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #747 on: February 10, 2008, 10:49:41 PM »

more bob

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #748 on: February 10, 2008, 10:51:42 PM »

brother Roy's seat was just breathtaking in person :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 02:06:19 AM by EAGLE1 »

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #749 on: February 11, 2008, 12:49:58 PM »

Great pics, Eagle1.  Kawasaki was the first bike I owned.

This weekend for our overnight trip, we did something a little different, for us:

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 298

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 22 queries.