Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 298

Author Topic: Friday Beer Thread  (Read 719843 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: Friday Beer Thread
« Reply #780 on: February 16, 2008, 09:43:57 AM »

!
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #781 on: February 16, 2008, 09:44:30 AM »

!

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #782 on: February 16, 2008, 09:45:03 AM »

!

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #783 on: February 16, 2008, 10:38:26 PM »

In honor of Terrry's beloved margahooties:

Plan to have some of both of the above tomorrow, & ride, but not at the same time.   :pepper:

When we make 'em at home, I've been known to top them off with beer.  Tastes better than regular & most can't figure out what's different.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #784 on: February 16, 2008, 11:21:56 PM »

In honor of Terrry's beloved margahooties:

Plan to have some of both of the above tomorrow, & ride, but not at the same time.   :pepper:

When we make 'em at home, I've been known to top them off with beer.  Tastes better than regular & most can't figure out what's different.

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:  Have one for me, Mike!!
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #785 on: February 17, 2008, 06:55:08 AM »

Hey Jim if you can get a hold of some of that Double IPA I think you will really like it ifn you liked the IPA. Another good one is http://middleagesbrewing.com/content/view/53/  Let me know what u think?   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:   :coolblue:

OK Howie, I found it.  I picked up two 22 oz. bottles yesterday of the Middle Ages Brewery Double IPA and drank them both.  Wow!  Good call!  it's 10% abv.  Good thing I took 3 hours to finish them.  I may need to pay them a visit.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #786 on: February 17, 2008, 08:53:28 AM »

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:  Have one for me, Mike!!

Another reason for an icy cold margahootie with terkillya!  :2vrolijk_21:

I will Terry & Lisa will have one for ya too, for good measure.

Batton down the hatches - supposed to be stormy your way today &  will be here tonight.

Usually I have triple sec or Cointrou, but just in case:

Disclaimer:I consider this to be a non-partisan recipe.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #787 on: February 17, 2008, 09:50:24 AM »

OK Howie, I found it.  I picked up two 22 oz. bottles yesterday of the Middle Ages Brewery Double IPA and drank them both.  Wow!  Good call!  it's 10% abv.  Good thing I took 3 hours to finish them.  I may need to pay them a visit.
Glad you liked it I find it mighty tasty. I just have to make sure I'm in recliner mode  :huepfenlol2:  I get the growlers from their "tasting" room which is basically the back corner room in their beat up old Syracuse factory. Kinda cool but don't expect 5 star service. Just a good bunch of guys playing in beer all day.  :drink: They have prolly 10-15 different styles on tap. Some in the tasting room some you have to ask for specifically and they will run out in the brewery and get it!! Maybe we can figure something out to overnight a couple of growler to ya  :nixweiss:

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #788 on: February 17, 2008, 11:06:07 AM »

Another reason for an icy cold margahootie with terkillya!  :2vrolijk_21:

I will Terry & Lisa will have one for ya too, for good measure.

Batton down the hatches - supposed to be stormy your way today &  will be here tonight.

Usually I have triple sec or Cointrou, but just in case:

Disclaimer:I consider this to be a non-partisan recipe.

I generally prefer Cointrou when concocting home style margahooties...El Paso Chile Co makes a killer mix for a top shelf, or Texas Gold style margahootie, which contains real key lime juice, some orange juice.  Real tasty.  I've never tried mixing beer in, but will have to give that a go.

I just wish our state lawmakers would get realistic and allow beers with more than 6% content, so we could get some of the specialty brews around here.  Goofy.

Already raining here and the wind's kicking up, so enjoy your day...I'm in couch potato mode for the day.

TTS Mastertune

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #789 on: February 17, 2008, 12:12:10 PM »

I generally prefer Cointrou when concocting home style margahooties...El Paso Chile Co makes a killer mix for a top shelf, or Texas Gold style margahootie, which contains real key lime juice, some orange juice.  Real tasty.  I've never tried mixing beer in, but will have to give that a go.

I just wish our state lawmakers would get realistic and allow beers with more than 6% content, so we could get some of the specialty brews around here.  Goofy.

Already raining here and the wind's kicking up, so enjoy your day...I'm in couch potato mode for the day.
what the hell is a margahootie?? Thats a new one on me and I'm always open to a new concoction and my wife loves margaritas!  :drink: Hey Terry as I've already offered to Jim if we can come up with a easy way to overnight a couple of growlers while the weather is still cool I would be willing to send ya some good stuff. Check out the following links  http://middleagesbrewing.com/    http://www.sudsfactory.com/  and just an fyi if you are in the mood to browse   http://hbd.org/ensmingr/syracuse.html 

Howie

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #790 on: February 17, 2008, 01:04:25 PM »

Glad you liked it I find it mighty tasty. I just have to make sure I'm in recliner mode  :huepfenlol2:  I get the growlers from their "tasting" room which is basically the back corner room in their beat up old Syracuse factory. Kinda cool but don't expect 5 star service. Just a good bunch of guys playing in beer all day.  :drink: They have prolly 10-15 different styles on tap. Some in the tasting room some you have to ask for specifically and they will run out in the brewery and get it!! Maybe we can figure something out to overnight a couple of growler to ya  :nixweiss:

I've got several growlers of my own that I can bring empty.  2 hrs there and 2 hrs home makes for a nice road trip on the bike in a couple months.  You buy lunch.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #791 on: February 17, 2008, 01:10:22 PM »

I've got several growlers of my own that I can bring empty.  2 hrs there and 2 hrs home makes for a nice road trip on the bike in a couple months.  You buy lunch.
You got it  :2vrolijk_21:

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #792 on: February 17, 2008, 01:21:31 PM »

what the hell is a margahootie?? Thats a new one on me and I'm always open to a new concoction and my wife loves margaritas!  :drink: Hey Terry as I've already offered to Jim if we can come up with a easy way to overnight a couple of growlers while the weather is still cool I would be willing to send ya some good stuff. Check out the following links  http://middleagesbrewing.com/    http://www.sudsfactory.com/  and just an fyi if you are in the mood to browse   http://hbd.org/ensmingr/syracuse.html 

Howie

Howie..Margahootie is just another word for Margarita...must be a Southern thang  ;D ;)  

I've only ever had one of the stronger % beers...Chimay (?), and I REALLY enjoyed it!!!  

TTS Mastertune

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #793 on: February 17, 2008, 01:25:02 PM »

Howie..Margahootie is just another word for Margarita...must be a Southern thang  ;D ;)  

I've only ever had one of the stronger % beers...Chimay (?), and I REALLY enjoyed it!!!  
Whats ur southern Margahootie recipe??   :confused5:

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #794 on: February 17, 2008, 03:06:50 PM »

Whats ur southern Margahootie recipe??   :confused5:

Start with one of these products:  http://www.elpasochile.com/  (they have excellent dips as well).  For the best, I use Cointrou (sp?), or Grand Marnier, and at least a Tequilla as good as Quervo 1800, but Gold is better than nothing.  You can substitute Triple Sec and cheaper Tequilla, but the drink suffers, though after a couple, you no longer care   ;D ;D

If you use the straight traditional mix they offer, add a splash of premium orange juice...mmmmmmmmmm.  But be careful, depending on how you mix things, these can be like Indians...they'll sneak up on your ass... ;)

TTS Mastertune
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 298

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 22 queries.