Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 298

Author Topic: Friday Beer Thread  (Read 720195 times)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: Friday Beer Thread
« Reply #1110 on: March 23, 2008, 09:44:54 AM »

I guess that Rolling Rock ad on the moon didn't work out very well for them. I checked a few times last night. Nothing. They were even advertising this event on TV here last week. Anyone see it? Frankly, I'm glad it didn't work out. Like we need to look up at the stars in the beautiful evening sky, and see G*^ damned commercials! :o

Hoist! 8)

Howie - I watched the moon rise - never saw a thing.  Wasn't really looking for the ad, but remembered it on the ride home.  Bet it was some kind of publicity stunt.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #1111 on: March 23, 2008, 09:53:51 AM »

Howie - I watched the moon rise - never saw a thing.  Wasn't really looking for the ad, but remembered it on the ride home.  Bet it was some kind of publicity stunt.
Good bet, Iski.  Drink enough Rollin'Rock and you'll see the ad.  har!  :huepfenlol2: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #1112 on: March 24, 2008, 09:58:52 AM »

Good bet, Iski.  Drink enough Rollin'Rock and you'll see the ad.  har!  :huepfenlol2: spyder

Spyder - for some reason your post reminded me of a night I rolled down a hill in Nashville to the Waffle House to get an egg, since walking was not an option at the time.

My head now hurts from that memory.  Thanks a lot.   ;)

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

PuttyNH

« Reply #1113 on: March 24, 2008, 10:08:11 AM »

GUINNESS EXTRA STOUT

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #1114 on: March 24, 2008, 01:31:58 PM »

GUINNESS EXTRA STOUT

Only on tap & Only on nitro  :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #1115 on: March 24, 2008, 03:16:26 PM »

Only on tap & Only on nitro  :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

They're picky about who they let put it on tap.  It has to have a gas mixing manifold to provide the correct ratio of CO2 and N2.  I hear they have reps going around doing secret QC checks.  I wish I had that job.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #1116 on: March 24, 2008, 07:34:27 PM »

They're picky about who they let put it on tap.  It has to have a gas mixing manifold to provide the correct ratio of CO2 and N2.  I hear they have reps going around doing secret QC checks.  I wish I had that job.

the only other thing more important is the pour, I'm extremely picky about how my GUINNESS is served. It takes at least 3 pulls and some patience when pouring the perfect pint, the first pull fill to about half and let it sit for 5 min, second pull up to 3/4 full and let sit for 3-5 min more, third pull bring the head to a 1/4 inch above the rim, let set another 3 min and you have the perfect pint, the head will be so dense you can float a quarter on it. If I get a single pour from a bartender in a hurry I send it back and give him my instructions.

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

PuttyNH

« Reply #1117 on: March 24, 2008, 07:47:49 PM »

I agree with all of it, but would add when I get my pint in chilled glass- I know it isn't authentic.  I prefer room temp.

And all of that said, I love this beer so much I would drink it if came in a dirty glass... :drink:

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #1118 on: March 24, 2008, 07:52:29 PM »

the only other thing more important is the pour, I'm extremely picky about how my GUINNESS is served. It takes at least 3 pulls and some patience when pouring the perfect pint, the first pull fill to about half and let it sit for 5 min, second pull up to 3/4 full and let sit for 3-5 min more, third pull bring the head to a 1/4 inch above the rim, let set another 3 min and you have the perfect pint, the head will be so dense you can float a quarter on it. If I get a single pour from a bartender in a hurry I send it back and give him my instructions.

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

I read this post and thought my brother Beagle was online. EAGLE 1 if you ever get to meet Beags, you two can go off in search of the perfect GUINNESS pour. Unbelievable. Two of you on the same planet  :o  :P

B B

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #1119 on: March 24, 2008, 08:29:29 PM »

I read this post and thought my brother Beagle was online. EAGLE 1 if you ever get to meet Beags, you two can go off in search of the perfect GUINNESS pour. Unbelievable. Two of you on the same planet  :o  :P

B B

I'm WAY too impatient to ever wait that long for the perfect pour.  But now that I know it exists and how, I'll be looking for it.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

Air1

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 FLHTCUSE/662
    • CVO2: 06 FLHRSI
    • CVO3: 05 VRSCSE
« Reply #1120 on: March 24, 2008, 08:36:44 PM »

That's why you order the 2nd beer when they finally bring you the 1st one.
So those no waiting for the other after the 1st one.  :drink: :drink:
07 & 08 Rolling Thunder
07 HD Posse Ride Great American

Rooster452

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 SERK
« Reply #1121 on: March 24, 2008, 08:44:19 PM »

That's why you order the 2nd beer when they finally bring you the 1st one.
So those no waiting for the other after the 1st one.  :drink: :drink:

Now there's logic in fluid motion!

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #1122 on: March 24, 2008, 09:01:16 PM »

Now there's logic in fluid motion!

Thats the problem Americans are so impatient, ordering the 2nd beer when they bring you the 1st one is exactly how its done!  :2vrolijk_21:  In Dublin, there are usually a dozen or so pints on the bar in different stages, and you better have the patience cause they don't take to kindly to impatient Americans  :drink:

Air1

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 FLHTCUSE/662
    • CVO2: 06 FLHRSI
    • CVO3: 05 VRSCSE
« Reply #1123 on: March 24, 2008, 09:48:06 PM »

Actually it started in Germany and Czeck Republic with the Pilsners they take 7 to 11 mintues to pour correctly.

It's a good thing we weren't too impatient otherwise Guinness would be called Doppelboct (german for double bock beer) today. :drink: :drink: 
07 & 08 Rolling Thunder
07 HD Posse Ride Great American

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #1124 on: March 25, 2008, 12:55:04 AM »

Actually it started in Germany and Czeck Republic with the Pilsners they take 7 to 11 mintues to pour correctly.

It's a good thing we weren't too impatient otherwise Guinness would be called Doppelboct (german for double bock beer) today. :drink: :drink: 

Impossible, two different beers entirely, Dopplebock is a lager, comprised mostly of amber malts (Munich malt,
Vienna malt, Klages malt) mixed with a lightly kilned pilsener base malt, and cold fermented over several months to produce its rich smooth malty flavor profile. Stouts on the other hand are Ales, fermented at room temps and comprised of dark specialty malts (roasted barley, chocolate malt, black patent) mixed with a English 2 row base malt.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 298

Page created in 0.304 seconds with 22 queries.