Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14

Author Topic: 2022 Lucky 7's to Crazy 8's Ride  (Read 16219 times)

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
2022 Lucky 7's to Crazy 8's Ride
« on: August 24, 2022, 07:52:47 AM »

Each year my organization host a conference for our business partners in different location throughout the United States.  In the past I would always conduct air travel to these events for a number of reasons, but this year was different.  I decided to ride the scooter and have some friends, who ride, join me.

Our conference would be a location we had been numerous times with once before riding the bike there.  This destination did not bring a big desire for riding, but the surrounding states most certainly would.

Several of my road dawgs on this journey would be taking their first long trip.  This could undoubtedly prove interesting.  One of the dawgs lived in the area for several years and I would know a number of folks in the area too.

Time was of the essence since we wanted more with plenty on the agenda.  Not lagging around and I was uncertain that I could heard these kats.

So, we headed out in the quest for Lucky Sevens, but time would tell if we would get ‘em.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 05:15:57 PM by Jock »

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
Re: Lucky 7's to Crazy 8's Ride
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2022, 07:53:18 AM »

Day One | Savannah, GA – Montgomery, AL, | 395 miles

Here I would meet up with three of the members of this krewe.  Another review of the plans and in the early am hitting the roads.

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2022, 07:54:04 AM »

Day Two | Montgomery, AL – Elk City, OK | 970 miles

After an early start, we hit the roads with the hot wind in our face.  By the time we hit Oklahoma the temps were ~ 105° and rising.  I had two Yeti water bottles always filled.  Still not enough.  Towards the end of the day, had my first bout with dehydration ever.  Got off the bike and was dizzy.  Stayed off for ~ 30 minutes.  Back on bike but off again soon.  Took me a while to get straight but once completed, all good.

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2022, 07:54:32 AM »

Day Three | Elk City, OK – Las Vegas, NV | 1,080 miles

Had not planned to travel this far but conditions were good.  Still in the 100’s but no rain.  Did not have rooms at the locations I thought we would stay so pressed on til Vegas.

The temps were so hot I burned my right leg which took 3-1/2 weeks to heal.

Gas and Go Baby all the way.  Got into Vegas ~ 9:00pm

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2022, 07:54:59 AM »

Day Four | Las Vegas

We arrived one day early and this would be where the conference was being held.  The Mandalay Bay would be my home for the next week.  Business would need to be conducted until we go back on the road for fun.

Fast forward, at our conference, we had Sammy Hagar and Michel Anthony (The Circle) entertain us.  I am a big fan and near the stage.  They sounded great.   This was definitely a great way to start the vacation.  Played 1-1/2 hours and sounded excellent.

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2022, 07:56:03 AM »

The Circle consist of former Montrose, Van Halen, Chickenfoot and solo artist Sammy Hagar.

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2022, 07:56:52 AM »

Vic Johnson of the BusBoys and the Waboritas.  Influenced by Hendrix but has been playing hits from all of the members bands such as Led Zeppelin, Van Halen, Montrose and Sammy’s career.

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2022, 07:57:19 AM »

Michael Anthony, bassist and background vocalist of Van Halen and Chickenfoot.  Not to mention some really hot sauce!

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2022, 07:57:55 AM »

And finally Jason Bonham, son of John Bonham of Led Zeppelin.  They hit some of this catalog and were excellent!

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2022, 07:58:27 AM »

A really kool experience in an intimate setting…in the morning it would be time to start the real journey!

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2022, 07:59:15 AM »

Day Five | Las Vegas, NV – Venice Beach, CA | 320 miles

Skipping to day five, excluding the work week in Vegas.

Had the scooter serviced at Las Vegas HD and an unfortunate poor experience.  Took them over one- and one-half hours to check my in.  Had booked an appointment however the guy that booked it quit.  My new service writer was new too.

Did not want to keep my trailer while the bike was being serviced.  Had to sign a wavier and I understand however made them aware of it at the time of booking.  They left it outside and would not even place it in the building.

As to the work, they had the bike for six days and the work was not even completed.  What was completed was against my request.  Requested chrome oil filter, got a black one.  Requested black value stem on new tire got a bronze one.  Requested rear speaker pods be tightened and screws missing replaced, no even performed.  My heated seat and gear no longer work.  More than likely, they were not re-connected when the seat was off.  Requested master tech, booked for one however the tech was new.

After all that, I was not going to let that experience get in the way of the journey.  Small issues in the big world we live in.  Besides I am blessed to have this opportunity.

Arrived in Venice Beach near dusk and we had dinner on the beach with some mutual friends.  The beach has been cleaned up and nothing like it once was.  Wish I had more time there but like the entire journey feel time will be tight.

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2022, 08:00:10 AM »

Day Six | Venice Beach, CA – San Simeon, CA | 300 miles

Here I would begin my journey, once again, on the Pacific Coast Highway, CA 1. 

The Santa Monica Mountains would keep the weather nice and cold.  This was a welcomed treat given the earlier days in the trip!

Plenty of gorgeous homes along the beach and I am certain my lifetime earnings would not even come close purchasing one.  That’s fine.  I will admire from afar and appreciate the lack of taxes, maintenance, and burden of such a place. 

One of my first stops would be to the original Muscle Beach!  Thank God the equipment is not there to embarrass myself!

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2022, 08:00:48 AM »

The Santa Monica Pier.  End or beginning of Route 66.  Home to a small amusement park, places to eat and a coastline of fun.

Too bad we are forced to have barriers due to the crazies.

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2022, 08:01:20 AM »

Let’s go and check it out….

Santa Monica has had several piers; however, the current Santa Monica Pier is made up of two adjoining piers that long had separate owners. 

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2022, 08:01:59 AM »

The NBL was having a promotional fair at the time of the visit, so you know what’s next…photo props

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14

Page created in 0.219 seconds with 22 queries.