Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: Draggin' Jeans (Kevlar lined jeans)  (Read 12280 times)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Draggin' Jeans (Kevlar lined jeans)
« on: April 05, 2007, 12:13:39 AM »

Anyone have any experience with these or any other brands of Kevlar lined jeans?

http://www.dragginjeans.com/Jeans.htm

I'd like to get a set on order in the next couple of days if anyone has any feedback.

Thanks! :2vrolijk_21:

Rickybobby

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Draggin' Jeans (Kevlar lined jeans)
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 12:27:07 AM »

Got a pair.  They are very well made and have a good amount of Kevlar protection. They also do not look like some sort of dweeb pants.
They seem to fit pretty true to size to Levis.  I got the black ones in the classic style - they fit pretty loose.
They are pretty heavy weight - probably will be a bit warm on hot summer days.
Overall they are pretty fair deal based on quality and protection IMHO.
cheers

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 12:53:03 AM »

Brian, I can't speak to the brand you mentioned.  A couple of weeks ago on the way to the east coast I stopped at a place called Gusset Jeans in TN that Terry had mentioned before.  Was intending to try on and hopefully get some of their "regular" jeans but while there the lady showed me their "Defender" jean.

I bought on pair and wore them a couple of days straight on the trip home.  Ended up liking them far more than I expected to.  The material inside is a lot thinner and more pliable than what I expected (other experiences with Kevlar don't really show you what to expect here).  When you've got the pants on you very quickly stop noticing the difference.

They've got velcro bands at the ends of the pant legs and a d-ring to hang keys from.  Really nicely thought out riding jeans.  The "Defender" product also has that extra swatch of material in the crotch that makes all their jeans so nice to wear.  Take a look here:

http://www.gussetclothing.com/defend.html

If you find yourself interested give them a call and ask about their "seconds."  The riding jeans I got came from this pile.  The lady diligently pointed out the "bad spot" and was very apologetic.  I dutifully looked over and made all the appropriate sounds.  But truthfully I couldn't see a darned thing.  The price difference was $112 normally versus $60 for the "seconds."  After having worn these some I know I like them well enough I'm going to call back sometime and check on more seconds.

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 03:39:24 AM »

Anyone have any experience with these or any other brands of Kevlar lined jeans?

I'd like to get a set on order in the next couple of days if anyone has any feedback.

We ride with them they will take getting used to as they are lined with Kevlar in the knees and butt and as you wear them they will feel warmer on a mild day and down right hot on a hot day :)

We have not gone down and tested them but they should give more protection than a regular HD or Levi jean once you hit the road.  :oops:

Order them the same size as your regular jeans you wear now (waring) don't put them in the closet as the lack of light will make them shrink  ;D

IMOP- worth the price.

hogasm

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 09:56:20 AM »

I have a pair of them. They are heavy and hot on warm summer days. So I only wear tem when on the highway for a long trip. Seems like a cheap insurance for your azz if things happen to go a little wrong.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007, 11:04:27 AM »

Brian...the Gusset Jean place is right outside Memphis, so you could go try them on if you want to wait that long.  The Gusset Jean is about the only thing I wear anymore...the difference in comfort is significant, especially when riding.  Putting on a regular pair now is strange....
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

FLHRSE3

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2007, 04:10:02 PM »

Their website has stated new styles coming soon for quite some time and I was going to order a pair last week since I’m not real concerned about style and jeans, so I Googled Draggin’ Jeans looking for advice on fitment.  I noticed that their site in Canada has many more styles but more importantly are equipped with more Kevlar, yikes, even more heat.

http://www.dragginjeans.ca/prod_jeans_intro.html

Gregg

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2007, 09:14:21 PM »

Well, as usual, very excellent and to the point comments, guys!  Thank you!  I am going to investigate the Defender jeans.  They look a bit more like "dweeb pants" than the Draggin' Jeans, but I like the D-ring and velcro pant leg features, plus the extra crotch room, too! :huepfenjump3:

Thanks again! :drink:

RedFXR2

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2007, 10:35:45 AM »

I've been wearing Draggin' Jeans for years, now and like them.  The are a bit warmer than standard denim, but I figure that's a small price to pay for the extra protection.  Mine have held up well after much wear and many washings.  Me, I'd also look at the gusseted stuff--anything with the kevlar lining.  It should be remembered that these are intended to protect against abrasion, not impact, but hey, I'll take what I can get.

I saw an article about draggin jeans in a magazine a few years ago.  The company advertisements show a guy sitting on pavement holdong a water-ski tow rope that's tied to a pickup truck, implying that the jeans will keep you protected while sliding along the pavement.  So the magazine set up a test and asked for volunteers among the staff to slide along the tarmac behind a pickup.  After a period of nervous silence, a "volunteer" was selected and the test began.  I don't remember how fast they went, but the testers were amazed.  The denim wore completely through in about ten to twelve feet (as a long-time standard Levi's while riding person, I was amazed and alarmed at this), but the kevlar stayed and stayed.  The tester reported that he could feel some warmth from friction on his bottom but nothing but some road grime came through the kevlar.  They dragged the guy for longer than would ever occur outside of a truly bizarre circumstance and the kevlar never wore out.

Let's hope nobody we know ever actually puts them to a "real world" test, but I'm going to keep wearing mine.  Good stuff.   

Tros

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2007, 11:21:30 AM »

Brian, I can't speak to the brand you mentioned.  A couple of weeks ago on the way to the east coast I stopped at a place called Gusset Jeans in TN that Terry had mentioned before.  Was intending to try on and hopefully get some of their "regular" jeans but while there the lady showed me their "Defender" jean.

I bought on pair and wore them a couple of days straight on the trip home.  Ended up liking them far more than I expected to.  The material inside is a lot thinner and more pliable than what I expected (other experiences with Kevlar don't really show you what to expect here).  When you've got the pants on you very quickly stop noticing the difference.

They've got velcro bands at the ends of the pant legs and a d-ring to hang keys from.  Really nicely thought out riding jeans.  The "Defender" product also has that extra swatch of material in the crotch that makes all their jeans so nice to wear.  Take a look here:

If you find yourself interested give them a call and ask about their "seconds."  The riding jeans I got came from this pile.  The lady diligently pointed out the "bad spot" and was very apologetic.  I dutifully looked over and made all the appropriate sounds.  But truthfully I couldn't see a darned thing.  The price difference was $112 normally versus $60 for the "seconds."  After having worn these some I know I like them well enough I'm going to call back sometime and check on more seconds.

Thanks for the info, I've been looking into getting the Defender jeans. 

I've been wearing the Cortech DSX Denim jeans since last July.  They have preforated leather inside instead of Kevlar, CE armor in the knees, not enough belt loops, poor fit and no style. 

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2007, 03:59:28 PM »

Here's the latest in rider protective ware. I little hot in the summer, great if you want to drag a knee! Comes with a cool persuader for those out of control idiots that cut you off. Chicks really dig it!!!  :P

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2007, 04:00:38 PM »

Here's the latest in rider protective ware. I little hot in the summer, great if you want to drag a knee! Comes with a cool persuader for those out of control idiots that cut you off. Chicks really dig it!!!  :P

But it's a real bi*ch if you drive by a construction site using magnetic pickups for debris. :o

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2007, 04:15:04 PM »

Yea, and don't drink anything before you go riding!!!!!

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2007, 04:23:37 PM »

Yea, and don't drink anything before you go riding!!!!!
Hmm, I guess there could be a problem w/rust, huh?? ;D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

nixobilly

• Elite CVO Member
  • 07 'CUSE2 B & O ------ 09 BMW R1200GSA
    • TX
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2007, 04:32:48 PM »

There is a Chrome version available from HD....

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2007, 07:15:56 PM »

I'm going to order me a pair of the Defenders from the Diamond Gusset place, but since they do not make them in women's sizes, decided to check out the Draggin' Jeans for Suzanne.  They are discontinued, but we happened to find a pair to fit her at the local BMW/Ducati/Triumph dealer today. 

If any of you ladies out there want a decent looking/fitting pair of protective jeans, check out the Draggin' website and see where a local dealer is...they might have some stock remaining.  Suzanne is particular about how her jeans fit, and the Draggin' jeans fit her very well...the Kevlar reinforced areas are hardly noticeable...inside covering on the kevlar parts (seat and wrap around knees) is a flannel/mesh material which makes them very comfortable, or so she says.  Worth the 100 bucks to protect her butt....literally. :2vrolijk_21:

TTS Mastertune

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2008, 09:05:44 PM »

Time to update the thread...I have the Draggin Shirt and love it but have been giving thought to jeans...

Give me the updates...Thanks.

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2008, 11:31:47 PM »

Time to update the thread...I have the Draggin Shirt and love it but have been giving thought to jeans...

Give me the updates...Thanks.

The Draggin Jeans are worth the $$$ IMO. On the hot days of summer (90 degrees +) they might get uncomfortably warm, other than that I wear them almost year-round. In addition to added protection of the kevlar lining, they also do a good job of keeping the wind from flowing through your jeans on the cooler days.

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2008, 01:13:54 PM »

relatively new product, these jeans have full length internal protection , not just the butt n knees, similar in fit to levi jeans, great style and fit, they look like normal button fly jeans.
abrasion resistant, tear resistant, heat resistant,water repellant, wind resilient, perfect fit, easy care!
great product, recommended by ice6900.

http://www.therokkercompany.com/08/index.htm

hunter

• Elite CVO Member
  • Have rifle, will travel

• CVO1: 2008 SERK, Black & Silver with RH TD
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2008, 02:30:57 PM »

relatively new product, these jeans have full length internal protection , not just the butt n knees, similar in fit to levi jeans, great style and fit, they look like normal button fly jeans.
abrasion resistant, tear resistant, heat resistant,water repellant, wind resilient, perfect fit, easy care!

Sounds like they'll be hot  in the summer.   But looks cool.  :2vrolijk_21:
Lack of money is the source of all evils.

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2008, 03:16:03 PM »

Diamond Gusset also makes a nice pair of riding jeans...can't give the link right now, but google them.

TTS Mastertune

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2008, 07:52:29 PM »

It appears that the on line store is not available at this point.  As to the dealers they are located in FL at this point. 

ox666

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHRSE4
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2008, 09:31:49 AM »

It appears that the on line store is not available at this point.  As to the dealers they are located in FL at this point. 

Jock,  try this:  www.dragginjeans.com.au 

That is the manufacturer's site and the online store is always open.

hunter

• Elite CVO Member
  • Have rifle, will travel

• CVO1: 2008 SERK, Black & Silver with RH TD
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2008, 09:46:08 AM »

Jock,  try this:  www.dragginjeans.com.au 

That is the manufacturer's site and the online store is always open.
I think he was talking about Rokker jeans.   :nixweiss:
Lack of money is the source of all evils.

ox666

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHRSE4
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2008, 10:44:04 AM »

Oops, my apologies.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 10:52:28 AM by ox666 »

roadrunner

• Tennessee Squire
  • Elite CVO Member
  • "I'm gonna see a man about a dog!"

• CVO1: 2015 FLHRUSE
    • CVO2: 2004 FLHTCSE (Sold)
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2008, 12:40:08 PM »

I have a pair of the blue jeans, and concur that they fit similar to Levis.  A little warm in the summer, I rode to the 105th.  I also have 2 pairs of the Joe Rocket similar type of jeans, black and blue jean.  The joe rockets fit snugger then the Draggin Jeans.  Ride safe!

http://www.joerocket.com/catalog/index.cfm/114/376/Pants/Rocket_Jeans/
2015 FLTRUSE
Clearview GP 12", Fullsac DX, 2.25 power cores with screen and TTS Tune.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2009, 04:36:23 PM »

Don - reviving an old topic...

After today's events, looking for something to give me some protection should I ever try a moving dismount again...

you still happy with these?

Sean

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2009, 05:52:18 PM »

After today's events, looking for something to give me some protection should I ever try a moving dismount again...

Sean

I am Sean.  Admit to not being diligent about wearing them every time I ride.  But I have worn the two pair I have quite a lot.  After they're worn some they get a bit more comfortable than they were on day one.  And after you're in them for just a bit on any given day you mostly forget they're there.

Have worn them on 1000 mile days a couple of times.  After you use them much they do become pretty much "just jeans."  Jeans with spots just a bit stiffer than the old broke in stuff.  But still just jeans.

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2009, 02:45:39 PM »

Sean

I have a pair of these as well...the only complaint I have about them is when its warm weather they make my butt hot.  In cooler weather they are great though.  I also have the regular Gusset jeans and they have become my every day jeans simply because they are so comfortable.  Giving the "boys" some extra room is always a good thing.

TTS Mastertune

Sean M Cary

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2009, 04:15:18 PM »

I have a pair of these as well...the only complaint I have about them is when its warm weather they make my butt hot.  In cooler weather they are great though.  I also have the regular Gusset jeans and they have become my every day jeans simply because they are so comfortable.  Giving the "boys" some extra room is always a good thing.

hot would be bad...

I had an accident yesterday, hit some sand/gravel in a turn and my KLR went out from under me - tore the crap out of my right knee and took a general all around beating, spent most of yesterday in the ER

closing the door after the horses left town already...

Ordered a pair today, they give 10% military discount

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2009, 11:33:46 PM »

hot would be bad...

I had an accident yesterday, hit some sand/gravel in a turn and my KLR went out from under me - tore the crap out of my right knee and took a general all around beating, spent most of yesterday in the ER

closing the door after the horses left town already...

Ordered a pair today, they give 10% military discount

They are great jeans...I only get the toasty buns after a good long while in the saddle.  I guess it's the extra insulation the Kevlar provides in the seat area...I do definitely feel safer with tthem on than without them, so I think you made a good decision on an excellent product.  Sorry to hear of your spill, but glad it was not more serious.  These pants will do the job.

TTS Mastertune

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2009, 05:15:59 PM »

HD make a pair of Kevlar jeans (same as Draggin jeans) I bought mine in the motorcolthes section.

I also have a pair of the draggin jeans ,I'm happy I've never had to use them but wear them Just in case
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Page created in 0.241 seconds with 21 queries.