Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: 2023 Formal Introduction  (Read 4891 times)

kojak

• 1K CVO Member
Re: 2023 Formal Introduction
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2023, 05:24:06 PM »

With Harley, you are always taking that risk. I remember buying the 2017 cvo when the 114 was an cvo exclusive and the very next year, they put that motor in every touring bike and bumped the CI to 117, lol! But I agree, they should have badged these bikes as early 2024 models.
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2021 CVO Limited Bronze Armor Sold
2019 RGS Billiard Blue Traded
2017 CVO Limited Spiked Olive Traded
2016 CVO SG Stardust Traded
2013 CVO RG Atomic Orange Sold
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
And some 20 other bikes over 45 years

Hondo2doc

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2023, 05:29:27 PM »

Well I'm sure I'll be in the minority here. But I absolutely love them. I think both RG and SG are badass looking.
 Personally I'm glad they took the round bubble out things and added some creases and dimension for lack of a better word. So to me the new styling rocks. I do wish they offered one or two more colors choices. And I don't like that 6k up charge for the Orange.

Now all the added stuff I think is awesome two. 139 ft lb of torque right off the showroom floor is pretty damn good I think. Inverted front end. With substantial improved front and rear suspension. Liquid cooled heads, what an amazing job they did hiding the radiator.

And the infotainment Center and the giant screen I just think is amazing and all the variations you have to set it up it's just fantastic. You have ride modes. Yes I'm sure they'll be some connectivity technical glitches here and there. But I think the design the look the style is absolutely awesome.

No, I'm not in the market for a new bike I love my 2021 SESG. But I sure like the future of HD design.

I was also way off on my price prediction. I said MSRP would be 59k. Wow was I wrong. I think the 42k MSRP is very much in line. With last year's prices and current inflation. Yes as stated I don't like the 48k for the Orange.

I hope this turns into good sales for HD.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2023, 12:47:43 AM »

Well I'm sure I'll be in the minority here. But I absolutely love them. I think both RG and SG are badass looking.
 Personally I'm glad they took the round bubble out things and added some creases and dimension for lack of a better word. So to me the new styling rocks. I do wish they offered one or two more colors choices. And I don't like that 6k up charge for the Orange.

Now all the added stuff I think is awesome two. 139 ft lb of torque right off the showroom floor is pretty damn good I think. Inverted front end. With substantial improved front and rear suspension. Liquid cooled heads, what an amazing job they did hiding the radiator.

And the infotainment Center and the giant screen I just think is amazing and all the variations you have to set it up it's just fantastic. You have ride modes. Yes I'm sure they'll be some connectivity technical glitches here and there. But I think the design the look the style is absolutely awesome.

No, I'm not in the market for a new bike I love my 2021 SESG. But I sure like the future of HD design.

I was also way off on my price prediction. I said MSRP would be 59k. Wow was I wrong. I think the 42k MSRP is very much in line. With last year's prices and current inflation. Yes as stated I don't like the 48k for the Orange.

I agree with you that new bikes are awesome! I am thinking they will come up with a 135 stage 4 kit which may tempt me-
Alan

Hondo2doc

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2023, 06:31:26 AM »

I agree with you that new bikes are awesome! I am thinking they will come up with a 135 stage 4 kit which may tempt me-
Absolutely!!!

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

acevtwin

• 1K CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2000 SERG Orange/White/Black sold
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Orange / Black Sold
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO FLSTSE Convertible Orange/Black CVO4: 2017 FLHXSE Orange/Black CVO5: 2022 FLTRXSE Orange/Black CVO6: 2010 FLSTSE Orange / Black (Yes, a second one)
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2023, 08:49:26 AM »

You're Not in the Minority. I Really like them. I LOVE my 2022 Wicked Orange Pearl Roadglide, and I'm still considering getting the "New Style" , or as I think they will come to be referred to
as the "2023 1/2's"   

Hondo2doc

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2023, 08:57:38 AM »

You're Not in the Minority. I Really like them. I LOVE my 2022 Wicked Orange Pearl Roadglide, and I'm still considering getting the "New Style" , or as I think they will come to be referred to
as the "2023 1/2's"
Lmao @ 2023 1/2.....I agree "

RivRaptor

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2023, 01:39:00 PM »

There is no way with fee's, tax, license & markup that these bikes are gonna leave the stealerships for less than 70K around here and God forbid you finance and add extras!  Hard pass!  Don't get me wrong I was gonna sell my bike and get a new one because I was sick of my piss poor suspension and lack of decent passing power and I have become tired of the build a bike approach that many of us have settled into and figured that the new one would be just right and not need any power or handling work.  Well looks like they may have achieved that but then they took forever to bring this bike to market and then add in tight supplies with some sticker shock, that now seems to be the new CVO motto, well then, should I reward HD after selling me a very expensive bike that is lacking and needing in so many areas?  No, I'm done, I'll keep working on the one I have already.  The first year VVT motor scares me  anyway!  I wish them luck.  O.K. not really!
2017 CVO Street Glide-Dark Slate Candy & Artic Black

Sometimes it's the people who no one imagines anything of that do the things that no one can imagine

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2023, 02:11:42 PM »

No, I'm done, I'll keep working on the one I have already.

Agreed.  My "antique" 2006 CVO Ultra is all the HD I need.  If I long for more power and better suspension I'll ride my GoldWing.  Others have gone BMW and Indian.  I'm sure there will be buyers for the new bikes, I just won't be one of them.  As for the new VVT engine, well I'd like to see them go 75k without having to be opened up. The issues with the previous CVO 110s, the sumping M8s have all left me with a dubious wait and see approach.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTUSE Watermelon (traded)
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTUSE3 Anniversary (traded)
    • CVO3: 2022 FLHTKSE Hightail Yellow
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2023, 08:03:05 PM »

Pretty significant improvements.  Not sure about the new tank shape.
I wonder if the limiteds will be able to get by with just the little radiator in the front?
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies!

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2023, 10:48:40 PM »

I am impressed with many of the changes.  I think they look very good, the gray one is a bit plain for the paint. The overall lines of the bike look great in pictures and Video. 6K is to much for the Whiskey color, 3K more reasonable.

Wish the rear would have got more travel, 50% increase is not much when you had 2 inches to begin with,  front should have been 4" not 3".  That said inverted forks are an improvement as are the radial brakes. Sounds like the rear shocks are an improvement.  Water cooled should be a help,  VVT sure brings up the torque.  Ride modes are nice, love the looks of the new infotainment system.  Switches and starting are very similar to my Pan America. 

I have had a refundable deposit on a CVO Road Glide for a while now.  Second in line.  Never been charged over MSRP for a CVO from them.  Really depends on what they will give for my high mileage 19 Red Pepper.  Honestly did not think I would consider another CVO, but this has me intrigued. 
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2023, 07:53:34 AM »

Got a call today from a salesman at the dealer in Va that I bought my '18 SERG from last year wanting to know if I wanted to upgrade to the new CVO. When we discussed the color options, and of course, the cost of the Whiskey option being way too much he told me that is what he has been hearing from a lot of people. They must be worried if they have to call someone that bouhgt a bike last year to see if I wanted to upgrade already.......or maybe they think I will love the new one so much that price won't matter.

Hondo2doc

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2023, 09:36:00 AM »

Got a call today from a salesman at the dealer in Va that I bought my '18 SERG from last year wanting to know if I wanted to upgrade to the new CVO. When we discussed the color options, and of course, the cost of the Whiskey option being way too much he told me that is what he has been hearing from a lot of people. They must be worried if they have to call someone that bouhgt a bike last year to see if I wanted to upgrade already.......or maybe they think I will love the new one so much that price won't matter.
I agree. Harley is saying that the orange (whiskey neat) is a 6 thousand dollar better paint job than the silver. I just can't see it. Are they saying double, triple or even quadruple the labor costs for the orange? Or the same question about the materials needed for the orange? Oh well we'll see if they sell.

A good friend stopped at one of our local dealers on Sunday and asked a salesman if they were gonna sell the 2023 at MSRP and the salesman said oh no not at all. These are "premium motorcycles" and there will be a limited distribution. We will only get 6 or 7. According to the salesman this dealer had 7 people that already put a refundable deposit down.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2023, 10:03:42 AM »

I agree. Harley is saying that the orange (whiskey neat) is a 6 thousand dollar better paint job than the silver. I just can't see it. Are they saying double, triple or even quadruple the labor costs for the orange? Or the same question about the materials needed for the orange? Oh well we'll see if they sell.

A good friend stopped at one of our local dealers on Sunday and asked a salesman if they were gonna sell the 2023 at MSRP and the salesman said oh no not at all. These are "premium motorcycles" and there will be a limited distribution. We will only get 6 or 7. According to the salesman this dealer had 7 people that already put a refundable deposit down.

Then those people don't do any research. When I lived on Long Island I bought my CVO's from dealers in Conneticut since the LI dealers always tried to sell way over MSRP. My local dealer did all my warranty work (if any) since I knew the service staff for years, but the sales dept knew I wanted to pay MSRP so I wouldn't buy a bike there. They were counting on people coming in and saying "oh how pretty, I'll take it" without even asking the price. The dealer closed just over 2 years ago so there must not have been enough of those people.....

Hondo2doc

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2023, 11:20:03 AM »

Then those people don't do any research. When I lived on Long Island I bought my CVO's from dealers in Conneticut since the LI dealers always tried to sell way over MSRP. My local dealer did all my warranty work (if any) since I knew the service staff for years, but the sales dept knew I wanted to pay MSRP so I wouldn't buy a bike there. They were counting on people coming in and saying "oh how pretty, I'll take it" without even asking the price. The dealer closed just over 2 years ago so there must not have been enough of those people.....
Exactly!!!!!!

Landshark

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 FLSTF-SE
    • CVO2: 2009 FXDF-SE
    • CVO3: 2006 FLHTCU-SE
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2023, 11:17:41 PM »

I can only say, good luck HD. I still am absent stunned that Harley would want to charge $6,000 extra for the optional paint. I won’t be a player.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 22 queries.