Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Author Topic: How do you handle this question?  (Read 6263 times)

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
How do you handle this question?
« on: April 12, 2007, 10:49:37 AM »

Hi Everyone.  My name is Jim from Western, NY (1st post, lurking newbie).  Found the sight while doing a search for reviews of the SEUC07.  I got mine in Jan 07 and was looking to justify my purchase.  Which leads me to my question.  For me it was a no brainer and is easy to justify but how do you folks handle the inevitable "Wow, nice bike, what'd that run ya?"  It's a real "If I had to explain it you wouldn't understand" moment.  I've told a couple of people that the Ultras start around $23k and leave it at that.  I feel this response is not paying enough respect to the SE, but I don't want to give too much info to the judgemental tightwads who admire the bike.

I've got 500 chilly miles on it so far.  I haven't been on it when it's over 65 yet.  Most of it has been in the 50's.  The heated grips are WONDERFUL but I'm not so sure that the heated seat is even working yet.  I'll check the fuses.  I chalked it up to just taking a while to get heat through the padding but after 1 hr I can't tell if the warmth in the seat is coming from my backside or the heater, even on high.

Great site, love the intel and friendly responses.  Why no threads on BBQ?  If any of you are traveling through Western, NY in October make sure to stop by the Oinktoberfest, a KCBS sanctioned NY State BBQ championships.  Here is a link. http://www.oinktoberfest.com.  It's in conjuction with the pumpkinfest where they have the worlds largest pumpkin weighoff every year.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
Re: How do you handle this question?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 10:59:55 AM »

Hey ya jgeorge102! Welcome to the site.

I hear ya about people asking "What'd that cost ya?" I hear it all the time, and, like you, I hate to say. When they ask $20,000? I look over the top of eyeglasss and say, I wish, and leave it at that. My riding buddy's father in law thinks he gave $5,000 for his. He also thinks it's crazy for anyone to pay that much for a motorcycle! LOL

My heated seats work fine. It doesn't take over 15 minutes or so before my a$$ is hot! The seat may be on the accessory switch??? I'm not sure. some of these other guys may can tell you.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 11:05:02 AM »

Hey Jim,

Welcome to the site, we're glad you joined us.

As to your question, and I don't want to seem rude here, but from where I sit, I don't really care what other people (other than d00d and Twolane) think about what I spend on the bike.  (I should include my wife in there also)  People who know anything about motorcycles know what a new one costs, whether its a Honda, Suzuki or a Harley.  People who don't know anything about bikes, why do you care what they think?  This is your passion, enjoy it!  :bananarock:  The few time I have received comments from non-bikers about spending that much money on a motorcycle, I usually ask them how much they spend on their boat, or playing golf, or whatever their "thing" might be.

To each is own.

Ride Safe,
Ghost

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 11:41:27 AM »

Welcome JG.  Glad to have you here and hope we can spend some of your money so you have even more invested in your ride.

I don't even recall talking about the cost/price of my bikes.  When I have sold them and someone knows it is for sale and asks how much and you tell them, well after their jaw and mouth close back up and they get that glazed look, I just tell them, "if I have to explain it, you'll never understand" and just drop it.

It doesn't matter to me about any of my stuff if anyone knows what it costs or not but if I know them I have no problem telling them what it costs.  Why worry about it?  Maybe they want one so why spin it?

If I don't know them I most likely just ignore the question and continue the conversation. Being in sales all of my life I can tell you that often people don't know what to ask, so they pick a question like "how much", when they really don't care either.  If they bring it back up odds are they are interested so then I'd tell them, a SE Ultra is in the mid $30's by the time you ride it home.

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 11:51:29 AM »

Rob, since you are in sales, have you EVEr had someone tell you..OH! That cheap? I'll take two then.? Price is ALWAYS too much.

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2007, 11:53:14 AM »

Rob, since you are in sales, have you EVEr had someone tell you..OH! That cheap? I'll take two then.? Price is ALWAYS too much.

That only happens on $1 beer night at the local pub.   :drink:

Thank you sir, may I have another.
Ghost

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2007, 11:54:25 AM »

LOL I heard that

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2007, 12:02:22 PM »

Not in auto sales, only when selling chrome accessories here :huepfenlol2:

dereck

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHXSE2.ORG

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 Black Diamond
    • CVO2: sold FLHRSE3 Black Ice
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2007, 12:27:24 PM »

:welcome_005:

People ussually don't buy Harleys because "it's a good deal" or for "performance".  My response, "a lot"  :bananarock:

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2007, 12:39:21 PM »

Jim, welcome aboard the CVO board

To your question, I just a say a few coins and leave it there

jeffj

SCRM-R

• Elite CVO Member
  • It's Only $Money$...And I Can Make Some More!!
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2007, 12:47:43 PM »

I've had some ask "how much do you have in that bike?"  My answer: "I dont' know, and it don't matter."  Most understand that response too.
2003 Screamin' Eagle Road King with Custom "Real Fire" Paint Scheme
Zipper's 117" Kit, Including:
   H-D Race Tuner
   Zippers 54MM Throttle Body
   RedShift 647 Cams

Diamond Cut Cylinders & Heads
Custom Engraved Front Lower Legs, Primary Inspection Cover & Saddlebag Latch Covers

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2007, 01:10:52 PM »

jgeorge,
Welcome to the site glad to have you join us. :2vrolijk_21: To answer your question my usual reply is I have over $35K in it now and I haven't finished yet. You never know how to take this question when it's asked. Do they really want to know what it would take to own a bike like this or do they think it's stupid to spend that much money on a bike? Bottom line is if this is something you want then go for it. The only one that has to be happy daily is the person in the mirror you see every morning.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

ual767plt

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2007, 01:17:18 PM »

Hi Jim....welcome to the site!  When asked, I usually quote them MSRP and leave it at that.  Regarding, your seat heat, it may be plugged in to the wrong connector underneath your seat.  There is another identical female connector...try that.  A few bikes (mine included) have come off the line like that.  I switched the connection, put the seat heat on 'high' and ten minutes into the ride (45F weather), my a$$ was on fire!  I never need the high setting, and only intermittently, the low setting.  A rheostat would be nice for a 'sweet spot'.

Enjoy you new ride!

Rick
'20 FLHTKSE

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2007, 02:06:10 PM »

Hi Everyone.  My name is Jim from Western, NY (1st post, lurking newbie).  Found the sight while doing a search for reviews of the SEUC07.  I got mine in Jan 07 and was looking to justify my purchase.  Which leads me to my question.  For me it was a no brainer and is easy to justify but how do you folks handle the inevitable "Wow, nice bike, what'd that run ya?"  It's a real "If I had to explain it you wouldn't understand" moment.  I've told a couple of people that the Ultras start around $23k and leave it at that.  I feel this response is not paying enough respect to the SE, but I don't want to give too much info to the judgemental tightwads who admire the bike.

I've got 500 chilly miles on it so far.  I haven't been on it when it's over 65 yet.  Most of it has been in the 50's.  The heated grips are WONDERFUL but I'm not so sure that the heated seat is even working yet.  I'll check the fuses.  I chalked it up to just taking a while to get heat through the padding but after 1 hr I can't tell if the warmth in the seat is coming from my backside or the heater, even on high.

Great site, love the intel and friendly responses.  Why no threads on BBQ?  If any of you are traveling through Western, NY in October make sure to stop by the Oinktoberfest, a KCBS sanctioned NY State BBQ championships.  Here is a link. http://www.oinktoberfest.com.  It's in conjuction with the pumpkinfest where they have the worlds largest pumpkin weighoff every year.

Welcome!! Answer "IF you have to ask you can't afford one"  :) Sorry but us folks from the south NEVER go farther north than VA for BBQ it just ain't done.  :huepfenjump3:

Enjoy your ride spring should be up your way around the end of june.

About your seat the next time you ride flip on your aux switch next to ing switch- some bike have come with the seat connected to that port so filp it on and check it.

Wayne

« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 02:09:16 PM by VAZHOG »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2007, 02:09:28 PM »

Welcome!! Answer "IF you have to ask you can't afford one"  :) Sorry but us folks from the south NEVER go farther north than VA for BBQ it just ain't done.  :huepfenjump3:

Enjoy your ride spring should be up your way around the end of june.

Welcome aboard! This answer always works and you usuallly don't have to explain anything else either. Try: "None of your damn business!" ;D Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 06:26:32 PM by Hoist »
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

bisounours

• SMF Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2007, 02:59:00 PM »

Good afternoon Jim,

I send you the  :welcome_005: from FRANCE.
But  :worthless: of your bike  :2vrolijk_21:

Question, Question .....
Why do you ride with HD ?
Why do you buy a CVO ?
Really, I think you know the answers and it's better to speak with passion that it's our difference. ;)

Best regards

:vrolijk_26: Jacques
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2007, 07:49:38 PM »

Welcome to the site!!  I just tell them they could buy a pretty nice Lexus for what I've got in the bike.  Hell, I don't even want to know what I've got in my bike to this point, and I'm not even through.  Or I just turn it around on them and ask them what they think I've got in it...they always guess low if they don't know bikes well, and I just say a LOT more than that.

I'll just about bet money that your seat is plugged into the wrong power supply...only takes about 5 minutes to take the seat off and change it to the other plug.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

twincam

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2007, 09:10:32 PM »

welcome fromAZ

HogDude

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: Gone-05 SEEG2(never should have let her go)
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO Road King
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2007, 09:51:16 PM »

Jim,
Welcome aboard

woody

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2007, 10:34:24 PM »

Welcome aboard Jim. You will enjoy this place, and soon you can add a few thousand to your price if you give into the urge to chrome and modify. You will get plenty of help from this site. But that's ok, we all have a few OCD problems. As for your question, I ask if you are thinking about buying one, I'll answer you. If you aren't buying, then it doesn't matter.
WOODY

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2007, 09:15:46 AM »

Jim welcome to the site enjoy.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2007, 09:26:10 AM »

Welcome Jim.

You have more advice here than you can use already, so of course I will add more.

On the seat - mine had a bent pin in the connector - dealer fixed it - no bigee.  Could be the wrong plug.  After 5-10 minutes you will know if it is working or not.  Works great!

On the price of the bike - its up to you what you want to tell someone.  If you know somebody they usually get a different answer than a stranger.  Once in a while I'll tell someone it cost darn near 2 grand.  But I am not going to tell them which part.  :huepfenjump3:

Happy riding - hope it warms up soon for you.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE (concord)
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2007, 09:56:52 AM »

Welcome Jim,  My answer to how much you paid or got into it is. Way to much but its none of your business anyway :coolblue:

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2007, 02:25:13 PM »

A lot of people don't know anything about bikes, (come to think of it a lot of bikers don't know anything about bikes) Me I don't mind, I will talk to anyone

d o g o l s

• 1K CVO Member
  • *** ride save and have fun***

• CVO1: blue Thunder FLHTCUSE-4
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE-2 black-orange-Jester
    • CVO3: 2008 FXDB black
    • Harley Fan
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2007, 02:31:19 PM »

Jim,
Welcome aboard :2vrolijk_21:

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2007, 09:09:50 AM »

Thanks everyone!  You were right!  The seat was plugged into the ACC switch.  Went out yesterday and spent 2 hours in under 40 degree weather.  The seat was great.  I beat the snow.  Now I have to wait a few more days.  >:(

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2007, 09:44:43 AM »

jgeorge102 welcome to CVO Harley.

Clarence, NY... Buffalo region?

2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2007, 02:57:38 PM »

I tell them, 35K+, and still going! 
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2007, 05:43:00 PM »

I tell them, 35K+, and still going! 

Me too........whatever I've got into it when they ask.  And that target is still constantly changing.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2007, 08:27:06 PM »

Somebody asked me last Sat. how it felt to have "almost $30k" in a bike.

Response.........

I smiled.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2007, 08:37:08 PM »

Somebody asked me last Sat. how it felt to have "almost $30k" in a bike.

Response.........

I smiled.

I wonder how that would feel, pretty nice to have all that dough back :huepfenlol2:

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2007, 08:41:40 PM »

I wonder how that would feel, pretty nice to have all that dough back :huepfenlol2:

;D Exactly.

My first thought was:  So I could spend "X" on stuff/chrome if I had only spent 30k.

The first step in realizing one has a problem is admitting it. 

I enjoy this one too much for it to be a problem.   :huepfenjump3:

UglyJohn

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2007, 09:14:31 PM »

Welcome to the site. I'm a newbie myself with the CVO stuff. My answer has been " This is my new truck" and let it go as that.  :D
Ugly John
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2007, 07:25:22 PM »

JGEORGE
HOW DO I HANDLE THIS QUESTION :nixweiss:............ IT DEPENDS WHO ASKED IT AND WHAT MOOD IM IN. ITS REALY A NO BRAINER. :-\
WELCOME TO THE SITE.
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

cigarmike

« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2007, 02:55:35 PM »

I always say when asked how much......"Nothing, They were giving them out as samples as part of a promotion the week I went to buy one"

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2007, 09:06:13 AM »

Welcome to this great CVO site,  and hope you get all the help for any questions you may have.  Re - how much in bike?  I never answer.  They already hate me when they ask the question.  The fun part is when at a bike show I don't put my bike in.  When they realise I won't they put their's in.  That makes me realise that they have more respect for my bike then they are willing to admit.  Imagine what it is like when people realise that we are family of two CVOs.  And of course, there is that funny feeling when the 6'4'' big guy realises that I am riding one of these bikes and he rides a 884 hugger.  I know a lot of guys who have moved up to bigger bikes, only because they hate to ride a smaller bike than a girl.  No way I can figure out what others think, or why they think it.  All I care is that for me and mine, we love our CVO bikes and have made some great friends because of it and this site.  Enjoy!   :cherry: :huepfenjump3: :bananarock:

TCinVA

• Elite CVO Member
  • FINALLY!

• CVO1: 2007 B&O FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2007, 12:09:04 PM »

Jim,
Welcome to the site from VA.  My response? "It doesn't matter.  It's my ride, the way I want it."  Or as my mom would probably say, "Well, that's just rude!"  ;)
TC

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2007, 12:12:58 PM »

Welcome to the site Bro from England

REGGAB

« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2007, 02:31:49 AM »

Hello and welcome to CVO Harley!!

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2011, 01:05:18 PM »

Welcome aboard!  We should get together sometime!  :oops: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:  ;)

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2011, 02:13:01 PM »

Hey I would say glad you are here.....but you gotta git yo hand out yo drawz!!!!! :'( :'( :oops:
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2011, 02:50:52 PM »

I was taught that it was rude to ask personal questions about money but I guess others were not. I like to answer with a question like, why is that important? How much do you think it's worth? I was told by a Harley salesman one time that your are embarrassed to say what you gave on a new bike but after adding 10K in accessories your proud to mention the price, go figure.

I had a lady ask me at the pump yesterday if my Bentley was over a 100?????? I just said yep.

B.A.

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2011, 04:22:05 PM »

Guy asked me once (2011 FLTRUSE).  I told him, "More than your Bimmer.  Guess that means we're both stupid, huh?"  ;D

At least he didn't want to talk about it anymore.

jiml53

• 1K CVO Member
  • Silent Service

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE5 blk #535
    • CVO2: '02 FXDX-T
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2011, 05:38:31 PM »

Welcome aboard from Southern Indiana.    :jalapeno:

jim   :coolblue:
Deep Silent Fast Deadly

semperfi81

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5B #860 of 999
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2011, 07:54:25 PM »

Welcome to the site from the valley of the sun, Phoenix, AZ :2vrolijk_21:

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2011, 07:57:26 PM »

STOP< > Don't reply......He's got his hands in his drawz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

Racerdj

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2015 FLHXSE

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHTKSE
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2011, 07:59:43 PM »

I've never had anybody ask about the price of my bike...so far! Welcome to the Forum from Indy!
Harley addict here looking for 'The Cure'

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2011, 08:07:29 PM »

Welcome aboard from Southern Indiana.    :jalapeno:

jim   :coolblue:

Is this directed at the member who began this thread ?

He made that post four years ago !

B B

CJ

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2011, 09:38:35 AM »

Welcome From Georgia  :2vrolijk_21:

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2011, 10:50:06 AM »

Is this directed at the member who began this thread ?

He made that post four years ago !

B B

stay out of it

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2011, 11:49:56 AM »

Just tell em I won it in a wet T shirt contest! :oops:
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2011, 07:14:14 PM »

:vrolijk_11: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :2vrolijk_21: :drink:
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2011, 08:24:15 PM »

stay out of it

Did God disappear and you're applying for the job ?   :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

B B

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2011, 07:41:16 AM »

Just tell em I won it in a wet T shirt contest! :oops:
Mike

Uncle Mike, Moobs don't count.  You wore a costume.......

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2011, 08:35:43 AM »

The audience was all wimmens and with my great body and 2 case abbs, well let me just say! Perfection is hard to live with! :D
Mike
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

Tweet

• Tweet
  • 1K CVO Member
    • WY

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2011, 10:05:29 AM »

Welcome to the site from Wyoming! :2vrolijk_21:

dooinit2u

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2015 SESG UltraViolet Blue / Hot Lava ***SOLD***
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2011, 04:44:56 PM »

Welcome to the site from South Louisiana...Laisse-Les-Bon-Temps-Roulee...

Thats Cajun French for "Let The Good Times Roll"...
  :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Page created in 0.347 seconds with 21 queries.