Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: How do you handle this question?  (Read 6283 times)

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
Re: How do you handle this question?
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2007, 08:37:08 PM »

Somebody asked me last Sat. how it felt to have "almost $30k" in a bike.

Response.........

I smiled.

I wonder how that would feel, pretty nice to have all that dough back :huepfenlol2:

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2007, 08:41:40 PM »

I wonder how that would feel, pretty nice to have all that dough back :huepfenlol2:

;D Exactly.

My first thought was:  So I could spend "X" on stuff/chrome if I had only spent 30k.

The first step in realizing one has a problem is admitting it. 

I enjoy this one too much for it to be a problem.   :huepfenjump3:
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

UglyJohn

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2007, 09:14:31 PM »

Welcome to the site. I'm a newbie myself with the CVO stuff. My answer has been " This is my new truck" and let it go as that.  :D
Ugly John
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2007, 07:25:22 PM »

JGEORGE
HOW DO I HANDLE THIS QUESTION :nixweiss:............ IT DEPENDS WHO ASKED IT AND WHAT MOOD IM IN. ITS REALY A NO BRAINER. :-\
WELCOME TO THE SITE.
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

cigarmike

« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2007, 02:55:35 PM »

I always say when asked how much......"Nothing, They were giving them out as samples as part of a promotion the week I went to buy one"

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2007, 09:06:13 AM »

Welcome to this great CVO site,  and hope you get all the help for any questions you may have.  Re - how much in bike?  I never answer.  They already hate me when they ask the question.  The fun part is when at a bike show I don't put my bike in.  When they realise I won't they put their's in.  That makes me realise that they have more respect for my bike then they are willing to admit.  Imagine what it is like when people realise that we are family of two CVOs.  And of course, there is that funny feeling when the 6'4'' big guy realises that I am riding one of these bikes and he rides a 884 hugger.  I know a lot of guys who have moved up to bigger bikes, only because they hate to ride a smaller bike than a girl.  No way I can figure out what others think, or why they think it.  All I care is that for me and mine, we love our CVO bikes and have made some great friends because of it and this site.  Enjoy!   :cherry: :huepfenjump3: :bananarock:

TCinVA

• Elite CVO Member
  • FINALLY!

• CVO1: 2007 B&O FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2007, 12:09:04 PM »

Jim,
Welcome to the site from VA.  My response? "It doesn't matter.  It's my ride, the way I want it."  Or as my mom would probably say, "Well, that's just rude!"  ;)
TC

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2007, 12:12:58 PM »

Welcome to the site Bro from England

REGGAB

« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2007, 02:31:49 AM »

Hi Everyone.  My name is Jim from Western, NY (1st post, lurking newbie).  Found the sight while doing a search for reviews of the SEUC07.  I got mine in Jan 07 and was looking to justify my purchase.  Which leads me to my question.  For me it was a no brainer and is easy to justify but how do you folks handle the inevitable "Wow, nice bike, what'd that run ya?"  It's a real "If I had to explain it you wouldn't understand" moment.  I've told a couple of people that the Ultras start around $23k and leave it at that.  I feel this response is not paying enough respect to the SE, but I don't want to give too much info to the judgemental tightwads who admire the bike.

I've got 500 chilly miles on it so far.  I haven't been on it when it's over 65 yet.  Most of it has been in the 50's.  The heated grips are WONDERFUL but I'm not so sure that the heated seat is even working yet.  I'll check the fuses.  I chalked it up to just taking a while to get heat through the padding but after 1 hr I can't tell if the warmth in the seat is coming from my backside or the heater, even on high.

Great site, love the intel and friendly responses.  Why no threads on BBQ?  If any of you are traveling through Western, NY in October make sure to stop by the Oinktoberfest, a KCBS sanctioned NY State BBQ championships.  Here is a link. http://www.oinktoberfest.com.  It's in conjuction with the pumpkinfest where they have the worlds largest pumpkin weighoff every year.
Hello and welcome to CVO Harley!!

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2011, 01:05:18 PM »

Welcome aboard!  We should get together sometime!  :oops: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:  ;)
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2011, 02:13:01 PM »

Hey I would say glad you are here.....but you gotta git yo hand out yo drawz!!!!! :'( :'( :oops:
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2011, 02:50:52 PM »

I was taught that it was rude to ask personal questions about money but I guess others were not. I like to answer with a question like, why is that important? How much do you think it's worth? I was told by a Harley salesman one time that your are embarrassed to say what you gave on a new bike but after adding 10K in accessories your proud to mention the price, go figure.

I had a lady ask me at the pump yesterday if my Bentley was over a 100?????? I just said yep.

B.A.

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2011, 04:22:05 PM »

Guy asked me once (2011 FLTRUSE).  I told him, "More than your Bimmer.  Guess that means we're both stupid, huh?"  ;D

At least he didn't want to talk about it anymore.

jiml53

• 1K CVO Member
  • Silent Service

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE5 blk #535
    • CVO2: '02 FXDX-T
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2011, 05:38:31 PM »

Welcome aboard from Southern Indiana.    :jalapeno:

jim   :coolblue:
Deep Silent Fast Deadly

semperfi81

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5B #860 of 999
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2011, 07:54:25 PM »

Welcome to the site from the valley of the sun, Phoenix, AZ :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 22 queries.