Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: High Speed Wobble?  (Read 23016 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: High Speed Wobble?
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2004, 11:32:53 AM »

Wow, they're asking almost $17,800 for a bike that's a year old with over 7,000 miles and is a factory mandated buy-back when MSRP on a new one may not be quite a thousand dollars more than that.  Those people have cajones the size of the whole state of Texas......

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2004, 11:46:55 AM »

Wow, they're asking almost $17,800 for a bike that's a year old with over 7,000 miles and is a factory mandated buy-back when MSRP on a new one may not be quite a thousand dollars more than that.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2004, 01:24:57 PM »

JC, that may be a considerable discount relative to what that dealership normally does (scary thought).  But you want to bet that for that price they're not disclosing that it's a buy-back?  

The whole deal just makes my various orifices pucker very tightly.  Just really glad the gentleman dealing with that particular bike and that particular dealer got out without losing more than just a fair amount of time and did so on a new bike he and his wife really like.

Tony - www.1700cc.co.uk

• Senior CVO Member
  • WOW this is quick ... it lifts the wheel

• CVO1: FLHYCSE2
    • CVO2: Boss Hoss (w/ZZ430 motor)
    • My bike's website
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2004, 11:18:26 PM »

JC, that may be a considerable discount relative to what that dealership normally does (scary thought).
BC Gerolamy modified heads
TW8 gear drive cams
Daytona TwinTec with WEGO
BC Gerolamy throttle body
Overflow air filter
Feuling Super Pump
V&H Pro Pipe
Cometic Gaskets

WOW this is quick ... it lifts the wheel when changing

telephone systems

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2004, 11:26:35 AM »

Well, um.... er.... uh, some orifices pucker tighter than others...... [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

Striker

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rocky Mountain Yellow FLHTSE2
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2005, 01:17:43 AM »

You guys are too high tech for me.  I have a 95 FLHT, with a ton of mods.  I keep the rear wheel aligned, matching the axle bolt on both sides, make sure my tire pressure is aroung 40 psi, and run at 85 to 100 through a full tank of gas.  I am in the rockies, so I have alot of canyon turns to negotiate, don't have a wobble.  Nor do I agree that a 2 wheel vehicle is prone to wobble.  Neck tension, tire pressure, alignment, tread wear, all can contribute to the problem.  I run 3 different bikes, have a seeg to pick up next week, and seem to always be able to solve handling problems checking for the obvious, and I never have used a slide ruler once!!!  [smiley=worthless.gif]
2005 Yellow SEEG
2001 1200 XL chopper
Why take the easy road?  I prefer to come
to a stop slidin' in sidways, hangin' on
for dear life, just so I am able to say;
"Man what a ride!"

OTIS

• MEMBER # 806
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Global President Hillbilly Rocket Riders

• CVO1: 05 CVO Banana
    • CVO2: 06 CVO V-Rod
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2005, 10:58:24 PM »

You guys are too high tech for me.
Fastest member of Hillbilly Rocket Riders

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2005, 11:01:45 PM »

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2005, 11:21:19 PM »

103tHunDer, I think the air shocks make 'um do that in the corner.  Kinda want to start 'walkin' from the back.  It can get bad at times.  That's all I can figure.  Wish I could determine how to fix it so that you wouldn't have that happen, it can scare you or at least sober you up, huh? [smiley=nervous.gif]
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

WaSEEG

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2005, 10:48:48 AM »

103tHunDer, I think the air shocks make 'um do that in the corner.
'05 SEEG
PC III usb
SE Air Filter
Freedom Pipes
Freedom Cam
SE 6-speed
VPC
Wild -1 575's
Garmin Zumo 660
Traxxion AK-20's
300mm Bitubo's

'06 Tiara S/4300

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2005, 02:53:04 PM »

It's not in the shocks.  If you guys subscribe to "Motorcycle Consumer News" (it's the Consumer Reports magazine for the motocycle industry.......they don't accept advertising from anybody, that way they're not beholdin to anybody and can tell it like it is) they had a series of articles on it awhile back (see the MCN Archieves).  It's a bike alignment thing (not a wheel alignment).......and they offer a method of correction (as I remember it, it was actually quite simple).  According to the mail in the editors column, the recommended fix took care of the problem.

I was skeptical of this when I read it.  But for those of you who have been here for awhile, you may remember that I mentioned that I had a little of that.  Then I had my accident and part of the repair that I insisted on was to replace the frame.  They did and now I no longer have that problem........not at 120 mph, not in a curve, not even a hint of it........just solid secure feeling in the handling.  By the way, I still have totally stock suspension (shocks, etc.).  Just my experience.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2005, 05:58:28 PM »

Year, 'er 'uh, 103tHunDer,
 I'll have to agree with spydglide. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]  Before OTIS and I left for the Valley, I inflated my shocks to 15 PSI, for the purpose of riding "The Dragon."  When Jack and I turned 'em Baggers loose on the four-lane, Ol' Maudie went into an almost violent wobble at 120 MPH. [smiley=oops.gif]  I can attest my Bagger does not wobble with 10 PSI in the rear suspension.  BTW, when did 85MPH become "High Speed?" [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]  Later--HUBBARD    
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• CVO1: Red FLSTFSE
    • CVO2: B&B FLHTCSE
    • royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2005, 06:10:16 PM »

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2005, 06:39:55 PM »

Hubbard, when your putting air in your shocks your raising the back end of your bike reducing the caster in the front. When caster is taken out of the steering it gives you more responce but also will make it more apt to a wobble or shimmy. Its not how stiff the rear suspension is but what degree of caster the front is tracking at. Think of it like a grocery cart wheel some wobble back and forth and some dont, this is very criticle in setting up any vehicle.

Yeah, 'er 'uh, reo, that's what I say!  Man, you and Jack put 'dem Motorsickles in the wind, didn't you?  11 hours from Maggie Valley to Chicago!  That's what I'm talkin' about!  Where in the Hell is DJW?  Please advise.  Ride Hard--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2005, 07:13:47 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Page created in 0.642 seconds with 21 queries.